Armed Forces Services Corporation Employee Reviews

This place is great for those who love to travel
Government Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYApril 17, 2018
If you love traveling & learn new things AFSC is a great place to start with. AFSC trys to treat all Military and Contractors with the same respect.
Productive, innovative, and focused place to work
Historian and Deputy Project Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYApril 13, 2018
During my time with Armed Forces Service Corporation, the company transitioned from an independent company to a subsidiary of Magellan Healthcare. The management past and present has been exceptional and I truly felt like a part of the team.
Advocate
Army Wounded Warrior Advocate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 15, 2018
Great job and benefits. Position was removed due to contract reduction. Would recommend this organization for employment opportunities. Very well rounded benefits package.
N/a
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 7, 2018
Great! I would definitely work for this company, but at different capacity again. They spell out their expectations and they ensure that the employees are taken care of.
Productive work environment
Personnel Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 6, 2018
During my employment here I learned some team building skills.
The workplace culture is friendly and inviting.
The hardest part of the job is staying on top of frequent policy changes but overall, that's not even too bad.
Pros
hour lunches, paid time off, military leave, 401K
I have a great management team
Program Analyst/Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217February 3, 2018
I love working for AFSC, however, healthcare insurance is very very expensive for the compensation, Family oriented management team. Easy to learn with this company, There are different programs that they management so chances are that if you don't care for one particular program, you can apply for a different program and learn so much,
not the place for me!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Not the place for me, poorly managed all around, inconsistent organization, great clinicians, rude & disrespectful leadership; not all locations are bad.
Pros
experienced & sound clinicians
Cons
justa bad experience!
Doing a disservice to soliders
Career Readiness Counselor (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 21, 2018
I was employed in November and did not get any feedback on my CAC card, laptop, hotspot, phone until January 2018. They had me report to the base without the credentials and do a presentation with no access on government property. Long story short they set me up to fail by not delivering the tools and misleading me to the base that I couldn't not work on without the proper credentials. You cant even operate a powerpoint without government issued equipment. You can log into their wifi on your own personal laptop. They sent me out with nothing and led me to fail. As a veteran I'm disgusted by this waste of time and money. If CSFL is grant funded it needs to be reconsidered.
Pros
Cons
all
Serving is always a great way to earn a living!
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 6, 2018
I am a 4th generation military man! Serving my country was a easy decision to carry on my family tradition and to provide a better quality of life for my family. I have no regrets and I am very proud of my time in service.
Pros
See the world, get paid doing it.
Cons
A lot of time away from family!
It was a good place to work
Recovery Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2017
The whole organization was very family oriented.
There was never a time were i did not feel welcome in the organization.

I wish the contract I worked under had not ended.

Want to know more about Armed Forces Services Corporation?

Ask a question
Difficult to Work For
New Parent Support Program Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WANovember 25, 2017
Armed Forces Services Corporation was very difficult to work for due to not having clear management and being managed from the East Coast for a West Coast job site.
Contractor Job
Military Pay Specialist Contractor (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WANovember 17, 2017
I actually fell in love with the people I worked with through my job as a contract military pay tech. Though at times it was fast pace I learned so much. The team environment was awesome. I would work for these people in a heart beat, sadly the company contract was not renewed.
Excellent work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
Military friendly and staff support. Develop managers and offer opportunities for advancement. Great working environment. Reasonable pay and time off.
Pros
Military Friendly
Cons
Na
Meaningful and important work
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 1, 2017
It is such a pleasure to help our service members and work to minimize domestic violence and raise awareness to make an impact where people feel listened to and helped. If only this valuable work was matched with a reasonable salary. As a contractor, I work next to people with better benefits, better pay and more flexibility. At the same time, contractors have less job security and tend to work harder. IF the culture is good, than it is a good place. There has been some turn over and it was cut throat. Management would believe anything without even being on site. This was difficult but as people changed and PCSed, it got better. Understand that contractors do this with a passion. If you cannot give a raise, don't make it hard for overtime if the on call demands mean additional hours. That is part and parcel of the job.
Pros
reducing domestic violence incidences; helping army families and addresing healthy relationships.
Cons
low pay, high cost of health care, lack of career advancement, lack of job security
Fantastic Company
Program Director & Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
Love this company. Great leadership and strong values. Working as a member of this company has given me a sense of teamwork absent in many other corporations.
Great company to be employed with
GENERAL CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAOctober 27, 2017
AFSC was a great company to work for. If given the option I would reapply with them. AFSC is a government contract company and I really enjoyed working at the location I was at. My fellow employees were great to work with as well.
Contract Site Staff Supervisor
Contract Site Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GuamOctober 24, 2017
A wonderful company to work for. Management very supportive of my needs and the needs of our staff. Operation Manager and Vice President for Navy Contract was very supportive and helpful. Operation Manager also on top of our mission. Staff within the office operation is one of the best - very professional, expert in each programs assigned to manage with little or no supervison. All staff very dedicated to the needs of all service members, military spouse and veterans. Company offers excellent benefits for the employees. Programs at the Navy Fleet and Family Support Center is one of the best I've seen in support of our military and family members.
Honor
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2017
It was an honor to work for this organization. My position ended and that happens sometimes in contract work. They treated me and family with care and respect.
Fair and equitable company to work for
Family Advocacy Outreach Manager (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FL 32542September 29, 2017
My typical day of work with AFSC is governed by the military base's mission and direction. I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about the military's mission and services provided for the members and their families. I am managed by the base structure on a day to day operation and not by the contractor AFSC. The hardest part of this job is managing the balance between what is expected from the military command vs what is directed by the contractor AFSC.
The best part of the job is knowing that we are here to provide support and services to the military members and their families.
Pros
working to suppor the military members and their families
Cons
finding the balance between the contractor and the military base command
Awesome work experience
Employee Assistance Program Coordinator(EAPC) (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 31, 2017
The job itself is awesome and rewarding. The only thing that goes against it is because you cannot call it a career because it is a contract position and it can end. The other part of it is the not knowing if you will have a job in the future. The company has nothing to do with these things and it should not me counted against them, just know what you are getting into before you sign the contract. Wonderful people, wonderful management is what this job offers.

The overall experience, company and management is awesome.
Pros
Decent pay, location, hours, education
Cons
Short term contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armed Forces Services Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.