Armellini Express Lines Inc Employee Reviews

laid back
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLAugust 1, 2018
Only complaint is to many chiefs, not enough Indians other than that great place to work. Was laid back. Hardest part was dealing with 10 different people wanting you to do stuff instead of going through your supervisor.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
every one thinks there your boss
Fun, dirty, focus driving work place
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 31, 2018
Great company to work for, treat their employees with respect. All equipment is well maintained. They always put their employees first. Haven’t felt stress while working here.
go somewhere else
driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
if its possible to drive for somebody else, do it. this is a nowhere job leading to nowhere. they will run you in to the ground then leave you there and move on the next one
Pros
not much
Cons
no retirement
It's an ok place to work...
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLJuly 11, 2018
If you like going over the road. Most runs are 3-4 days out. They offer California runs which can last up to 9-11 days on the road.

You have to unload your own trailer with a co-driver at all hours of the day and week. Some places are spotty and would never want to be there at night, but that's the job.
Pros
Otr, No bothersome mgmt or dispatch
Cons
Low pay, Low miles
Official response from Armellini Express Lines Inc
July 19, 2018

Very informative! Thank you for letting others know about your experience with us.

Good company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed the job . I just had to leave the state. The hours were open and I appreciated that. The job required 7 pallets an hour which was fine for me. The staff were helpful and friendly
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Higher wages
Official response from Armellini Express Lines Inc
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. If you ever return to Miami, give us a call!

Very relaxed but no room for advancement
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLFebruary 14, 2018
The management was great. Very family oriented. Have to be with the company for a while in order to advance. No goals to me or performance reviews. No opportunity for pay raise. Good job for experience. Good benefits. sometimes employees can get short with you.
Pros
relaxed management.
Cons
no growth
Hard working company with hard working employees
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2018
It's not a hard job if you're willing to work. I worked as a team driver. Drivers that can't handle this job don't like hard work and lack the ability to plan ahead and should probably get out of trucking. I have experience with other companies and this one isn't as bad. Yes, you unload. Yes, you make multiple stops. Yes, you drive all 48. Yes, I made decent home time (which I took advantage of). Pay is good for drivers who have been there a while.
Pros
weekly pay, home time is better than most otr driving jobs
Cons
pay can be hard to understand, not organized
Terrible pay and cold
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLDecember 26, 2017
Treat warehouse personnel terribly. If you just need a job while you're looking for another, go here. But keep looking because it's terrible. Training is nonexistent. Most of upper management are family and friends who have been there 20+ years. Synopsis is the job is terrible. People have quit 1 hour after working. You are just a number.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Atmosphere is good ole boys club, Upper https: is disconnected from struggles of everyday life for workers.
Fun, relaxed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2017
Supervising 15-20 drivers (mostly men) on a daily basis to delivery and pick up both freight and flower loads. I learned to calculate freight time and fuel. My immediate supervisor was mostly fair. He always had his employees back. The workplace culture was laid back but steady. The hardest part of the job was having to stand your ground with men who mostly did not like to take orders from women. The most enjoyable part was completing every task, and getting all loads out on time without any casualties.
Pros
Pay, management
Cons
No health care
A good job if you want to be content.
Night Dispatch Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 2, 2017
12 hour shifts.
No encouragement.
Lack of follow-through from other coworkers.
Benefits are descent and make up for other lacking's.
Met many interesting people, that I would consider "friends".
this company is a great company to work for in general
Maintenance Supervisor/ deisel tech. (Current Employee) –  Pierson, FLSeptember 21, 2017
the every day work varies, not much repetitive days ,,, something different all the time ,,, the only stressful times is the rush seasons which is valentines day and mothers day
Good Atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2017
The time I worked in that company I have a Good Experience..Good Atmosphere, Nice partners... The Manager Himself taught me how to operate different Kinds of Forklift...
Pros
overtime
Cons
no departures times on Schedule
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLJuly 25, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management warehouse of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
lunch
Cons
health
productive and fun
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2017
this was my first trucking job and my salary was great and the benefits were great.even when things got slow they were still very competitive in the trucking community. their service is impeccable and the training i received at this company allowed me to be more marketable when i left due to the reputation of great staffed employees
Pros
everything
Cons
Very very hands on company touch freight
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLJune 7, 2017
It's a very very hands on company it's touch freight all the time lots of stops & 30% of the stops are ground stops small coolers & extremely difficult to access
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Touch freight
Good family business
Corporate Credit / Collections Manger (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLMay 31, 2017
Can be stressful but you can work at your own pace.
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Managers are mostly family.
Busy time are two weeks before Valentine's day & Mothers day
Pros
Pleasant work atmosphere
Cons
High deductable on healthcare
Not so good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 26, 2017
Driver training does no prepare you for the job. The instructor just goes through the motions in orientation. A lot of drivers quit within a month. This is very hard work for very little pay.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
low pay, hard work. team driving
Fun work place
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
Its a great place to learn and build your skill in receiving, loading and managing your time as a worker. Its a platform to rebuild yourself as a great leader.
Pros
over time
Cons
Short Breaks
Armellini is a OTR c,Company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Armellini is or was a company that will work with you. Not a bad company for the most part, except for when they forced me to go out for an extra run. Forced dispatched, with me that and a few other reasons is why I left them.
Not good to drive for
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Driver training program and orientation are sub par compared to other trucking companies. The instructor seems to not care if you learn anything or not.
Pros
None besides they hire any body.
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armellini Express Lines Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Armellini Express Lines Inc Reviews by Location