Armellini Express Lines Inc Employee Reviews

Featured review
Armellini Express Lines Inc selected this as a representative review
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2018
This is a very great company and I would refer anybody to this company. As a starter company this is a great company to attend and get experience for a start to a great trucking career.
Stepping stone
Team driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLMarch 19, 2019
Fresh out of CDL school and need a job close to palm city?
This will work.... don’t believe the home time line they pitch cause it’s not true, like pretty much everything they say.
We’ll summarize it like this
Drivers are cool but most don’t respect the folks upstairs due to how we’re treated.
Don’t believe anything they tell you, just get the job for experience.
The tractors are horribly maintained and if your new your stuck in them so don’t let them tell you otherwise.

Sign your life away for one or two years tops and put up with everyday life and get out fast... This place doesn’t respect its employees enough to stay any longer hence its turnover rate.

They get solid employment for a year you get the experience to go somewhere where you can have hometime, not on call 24/7 and have a personal life. This is better than working for the top 5 mega carriers.

Everybody wins
Pros
Cons
Too many and they don’t care to fix it
Decent local job
Truck Driver / Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WAFebruary 9, 2019
This is a good position for a driver that needs the minimum hours and pay rate to survive. Good job for someone retired or near retirement and resides local to the facility. You will be surrounded by great people and have the chance to learn a lot about the industry.
Home Time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FL 34990January 28, 2019
Most runs are 3 days out, if you want to run you can, if not you can do that too. they pay for EVERYTHING motels, delay, hub miles, live loads, drop and hooks, all of it. its a team driver company so maybe not for you. i made 50k a year trying hard not to work. they have a free exercise program, you lump 2400 boxes of flowers off the truck by hand. but my bills were paid and i didnt live in the truck.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Exhaustion, forced into working loads illegally
February 8, 2019

Thank you for recognizing the numerous positives of being an Armellini driver. We do try our best to provide a good balance of work & home time, while still affording our drivers an opportunity to make a competitive wage. While it is true that our team drivers unload “touch freight” for many of our deliveries, we never force anyone to violate hours of service. We pride ourselves on our safety record and educate all drivers we come in contact with to utilize the federal “FMCSA.gov” site to cross reference any carrier they might be considering working for. We thank you for your input and will share your concerns with our leadership.

Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy being on the road for a week and a half. Great equipment and great company. Team driving provides for more home time and quicker run.
they try to sell you on home time. not worth it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLNovember 20, 2018
1. The pay for what you are doing here, is not enough, you have to drive across the country delivering to 10-20 stops per trip across different states and at every stop you are getting out and manually unloading thousands of 20-50 pound flower boxes by hand or pallet.
and your pay will always be vastly different and they make mistakes on it because they calculate your pay by some pennys for every box unloaded and low cents per mile

2. They pride themselves on getting you back home, if you go out on a trip leaving from Miami and ending in New York, you will be back home before the end of the week. BUT lets say you get back on tuesday night at 11 pm. You most likely will be going back on the road the next day at noon, what kind of home time is that? what did you get to do or accomplish at home? I suppose if you have a wife and kids you could see them, but if thats the case, for the pay they give anyways, you might as well get a local trucking job

3. No route stability, the route stability is only for truckers that have been with them for 5+years. They may send you to Vermont today, Texas next week and then New York City the next. on top of this, they may call you and tell you to bring the load back and take a different load instead. or call you to tell you once you deliver your load grab a different load from somewhere and run that.
Pros
Cons
This could take awhile
Great starter company
CLASS A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 8, 2018
Great company if you don't mind being over the road away from family. They accepted me with minimal experience and put me to work right after graduating from school
Pros
Minimal experience needed
Cons
Being over the road
Poor work environment.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Salary is poor and no room for advancement which is implied at hire. Many employees have stay because of the hours, 12 hour shifts, three days a week.
laid back
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLAugust 1, 2018
Only complaint is to many chiefs, not enough Indians other than that great place to work. Was laid back. Hardest part was dealing with 10 different people wanting you to do stuff instead of going through your supervisor.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
every one thinks there your boss
Fun, dirty, focus driving work place
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 31, 2018
Great company to work for, treat their employees with respect. All equipment is well maintained. They always put their employees first. Haven’t felt stress while working here.
go somewhere else
driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
if its possible to drive for somebody else, do it. this is a nowhere job leading to nowhere. they will run you in to the ground then leave you there and move on the next one
Pros
not much
Cons
no retirement
It's an ok place to work...
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLJuly 11, 2018
If you like going over the road. Most runs are 3-4 days out. They offer California runs which can last up to 9-11 days on the road.

You have to unload your own trailer with a co-driver at all hours of the day and week. Some places are spotty and would never want to be there at night, but that's the job.
Pros
Otr, No bothersome mgmt or dispatch
Cons
Low pay, Low miles
July 19, 2018

Very informative! Thank you for letting others know about your experience with us.

Stepping stone
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLApril 20, 2018
Nothing more than a feather in your cap. Gain some time and experience behind the wheel and get out. This company cares less about there drivers. It's a job for the time being but definitely not a career. Working for Armellini is a daily grind. Drivers should easily be making 100k per year but their not.
Good company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed the job . I just had to leave the state. The hours were open and I appreciated that. The job required 7 pallets an hour which was fine for me. The staff were helpful and friendly
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Higher wages
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. If you ever return to Miami, give us a call!

Very relaxed but no room for advancement
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLFebruary 14, 2018
The management was great. Very family oriented. Have to be with the company for a while in order to advance. No goals to me or performance reviews. No opportunity for pay raise. Good job for experience. Good benefits. sometimes employees can get short with you.
Pros
relaxed management.
Cons
no growth
Hard working company with hard working employees
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2018
It's not a hard job if you're willing to work. I worked as a team driver. Drivers that can't handle this job don't like hard work and lack the ability to plan ahead and should probably get out of trucking. I have experience with other companies and this one isn't as bad. Yes, you unload. Yes, you make multiple stops. Yes, you drive all 48. Yes, I made decent home time (which I took advantage of). Pay is good for drivers who have been there a while.
Pros
weekly pay, home time is better than most otr driving jobs
Cons
pay can be hard to understand, not organized
Terrible pay and cold
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLDecember 26, 2017
Treat warehouse personnel terribly. If you just need a job while you're looking for another, go here. But keep looking because it's terrible. Training is nonexistent. Most of upper management are family and friends who have been there 20+ years. Synopsis is the job is terrible. People have quit 1 hour after working. You are just a number.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Atmosphere is good ole boys club, Upper https: is disconnected from struggles of everyday life for workers.
Fun, relaxed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2017
Supervising 15-20 drivers (mostly men) on a daily basis to delivery and pick up both freight and flower loads. I learned to calculate freight time and fuel. My immediate supervisor was mostly fair. He always had his employees back. The workplace culture was laid back but steady. The hardest part of the job was having to stand your ground with men who mostly did not like to take orders from women. The most enjoyable part was completing every task, and getting all loads out on time without any casualties.
Pros
Pay, management
Cons
No health care
A good job if you want to be content.
Night Dispatch Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 2, 2017
12 hour shifts.
No encouragement.
Lack of follow-through from other coworkers.
Benefits are descent and make up for other lacking's.
Met many interesting people, that I would consider "friends".
this company is a great company to work for in general
Maintenance Supervisor/ deisel tech. (Current Employee) –  Pierson, FLSeptember 21, 2017
the every day work varies, not much repetitive days ,,, something different all the time ,,, the only stressful times is the rush seasons which is valentines day and mothers day
Good Atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2017
The time I worked in that company I have a Good Experience..Good Atmosphere, Nice partners... The Manager Himself taught me how to operate different Kinds of Forklift...
Pros
overtime
Cons
no departures times on Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armellini Express Lines Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Armellini Express Lines Inc Reviews by Location