Armor Correctional Health Services Employee Reviews

Good
Registered Correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLApril 6, 2018
I liked it very much! Great place to work. Liked the people I worked with. I also liked the officers as well as the leadership team I was a part of. I would work there again.
Need to have patience and be professional at all times
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 14, 2018
Most days are very stressful because of the type of clients and environment. On some days it can be up to 4 or 5 emergency codes. At any given time management can change your hours and shift causing you to have to rearrange your home lifestyle to accommodate the change. This is not a bad place to work you just have to balance your work with the 8 hrs given. The morning and evening shift is the hardest, the workload is more than an 8 hours shift which means you have to learn time management in order to survive. I enjoyed working there with both the nursing and security staff. The best part of my job is when a client is having a real emergency and me and my team does what need to be done to help them get better.
The entire upper management needs to go
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 13, 2018
Update----After my leaving, 4 more people have left. And now they manager is leaving as well. If they had paid more than 12.00/hr to put up with their attitudes, I probably would have stayed. I miss my coworkers, but do not miss that job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Being yelled at the time
Good company to work for/ supportive of staff
Psychological Services Director (Former Employee) –  Florida Women's Reception Center, Ocala, FLMarch 9, 2018
Armor was supportive and their management staff was quick to respond and very helpful. They gave me the opportunity to run the units as I felt was appropriate. They are a good employer
Pros
Supportive management. Good benefits
Cons
located far from home, was supposed to be 4 days a week and was actually 5
busy, challenging,
LPN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Armor. Corrections is a challenging job to work in, due to the patient population, but very satisfying. It's almost like having two jobs at once due to working the medical side but also knowing how the jail side works as well. it is not a job for the faint of heart.
Pros
open door policy, teamwork is key
Cons
understaffed
It’s a good company to work with if you’re in the medical field
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  2010 gun club road west palm beach FloridaFebruary 21, 2018
It’s a friendly environment to work very fast past working with the nurses and doctors are friendly and they are good to work with they also pay very well
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Summary
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 13, 2018
You get to work, you get your assignment for the day and received report, and helped out all the other nurses. It has been the most interesting job, and I loved the work.
Pros
The whole job
Cons
Na
Mixed feelings
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, VaJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working for the prison but when I was sexually assaulted by one of the Sergeants no one cared & all they wanted to know was when I was coming back. I now have PTSD. & when I tried to get another job at another prison through a temp agency Armor turned me away. I should've went ahead & sued.
Pros
Interesting stories
Cons
Management was horrible
Theres never a dull moment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FL 32778January 19, 2018
If you're not ready for a job behind bars then this is not for you. Its a challenge and a privilege. If you choose to work for this company be prepared to learn something new every day!
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Needs better pay
Toxic environment
Licensed counselor (Former Employee) –  OCDCJanuary 2, 2018
Upper management rarely interacts with staff, forgets to include mental health team in activities meant to build team spirit. Company offers benefits that are never given, such as compensation for cell phone usage. While it is expected their will be negativity working in a jail, it's not expected to receive such negativity from co-workers and officers who generally feel that mental health care is necessary unless they consider it an emergency.
Pros
Pay is adequate for a licensed therapist, until you realize how much stress is involved
Cons
Lack of respect for mental health team by officers
Maximum security prison
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Caring for the incarcerated male in a prison environment.
Searching for patient charts.
Monitoring an 8 bed medical observation unit.
Taking care of offender medical issues.
Responding to emergencies.
Performing prescribed treatments per MD orders and nursing protocol.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Waiting for gates and sliders to open when moving through facility.
stressful fast pace work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLDecember 24, 2017
Terrible moral low, poor management, short staffed over worked under appreciated. Never caught up do to the high demand of work duties, no time to chart.
Pros
cheap lunch1$
Cons
short staffed, poor management, uneven work duties
They are interested in making money only.
Troy, Va (Former Employee) –  TROY, VADecember 23, 2017
This is a company that is designed to make money only. They are not interested and keeping employees happy they are only interested in keeping those that makes frivolous complaints happy. This is likely the reasons for the massive turnover. Additionally, the majority of the staff were agency that had no vested interest. The upper management we're not interested only the bottom line. I would encourage the reader to not just take my word for it but to simply notice the many times this company posts job openings on this and other websites. This is the reason why I would strongly encourage others to look elsewhere.
Pros
The pay was decent.
Cons
Don't expect anyone to have your back.
Take Employees for Granted
LPN (Current Employee) –  Troy, VADecember 20, 2017
Not appreciative of long-term staff. Run staff ragged and don't give any appreciation or incentives for doing well. Very low morale. Allow underhanded behavior to include throwing staff under the bus.
Noooooo
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 5, 2017
Waste of time. Management clicked up with staff. Terribel atmosphere. Dirty. No growth. Not able to pick and choose. Schedule never done CORRECTLY. Stafg poorly trained.
It was good working for them
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2017
Very good management and receiving support as needed.
Professional behavior, great culture and goals.
Strong policies and clinical protocols and safe environment.
Very helpful mangemnt.
Extremely understaffed
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 1, 2017
Good place to get experience in a correctional setting. Questionable interview process, very stressful when understaffed, Did not have twelve hour shifts, instead 8 or 10.
Working in a correctional facility
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powhatan, VAOctober 30, 2017
Offered a diverse work setting with different cultures and pathologies for rehabilitation experience. Slow to medium paced setting. Flexible schedule and autonomy.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
not enough hours to become full time
flexible
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 25, 2017
my manager was very flexible with my school schedule. the pay was not great but it allowed me to complete school which I am grateful for. It's a great stepping stone place
Review
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2017
A good company to learn in the beggining, but management is not supportive , most of the day is little to no instructions, they just drop you in the position.
Pros
Good for beginners
Cons
Bad management