Armstrong Bank Employee Reviews

Enjoyed that Armstrong was family forward in their vision for their employees. They provided good benefits for their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dewey, OKAugust 15, 2018
Armstrong was strong on family values. Employees were encouraged to be very family focused. Very appealing benefit packages were a great part of working there. Also, there was a strong information support system for any professional situation that you may encounter in your day to day duties.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Training on new issues was slow or lacking
Great Customers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Warner, OKAugust 2, 2018
Would have liked to stay, but needed more income for my family. The management was a little mean at times and made me feel stupid because I had questions.
Wonderful Family Company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wagoner, OKAugust 1, 2018
be on time, no matter what. Love my Customers, working with my community was the bright spot in my day. Helping with any issues with their banking needs and having them recommend me to family and friends was the icing on the cupcake for me.
The Hardest part of my job was the lack of training I received.
Can be an outstanding place to work.
Pros
Community focused
Cons
Lacks effective training
Good culture for employees
Vice President of Lending (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKFebruary 26, 2018
meet with bank customers. Work up loan proposals, work past dues and overdrafts. Assist staff members with duties as needed. Help with marketing and other fun projects
Pros
small town atmosphere
Cons
Micromanaged by upper management
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Pawnee, OKOctober 26, 2017
Awesome company, family oriented, big om customer service. The owner is a regular guy and hosts picnics each year where he cooks the food for the employees and their families.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Productive and organized work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKJanuary 12, 2017
Typically I set up my drawer, received deposits, loan payments, saving deposits, with drawls from different accounts, and handled large amounts of money. I learned from this job that it is important to stay calm in a stressful situation. This job helped me develop the skill of working best under pressure. The hardest part of this job was that it did not allow me to work nights or weekends which conflicted with my school schedule.
Good place to work, good employees, great customer service.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 9, 2015
A typical day is usually steady customers. You spend a majority of the day on your feet, working transactions (cashing checks, making deposits, etc.). Everyone is usually fairly agreeable. The most difficult aspect of the job would be trying to help agitated people, or saying no due to policies. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people with little bank issues and seeing how pleased people are to have been helped. I learned effective problem solving to help fix issues with customers,
Pros
Great work environment, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
No wiggle room with management.
Good job, good pay, good benefits.
Distribution Services/Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 24, 2015
I have been with this company for almost five years and have advanced by two more positions. I have great hours and I'm off work on most holidays. The best part about my job is that I am able to get out of the office and drive to different branches of the bank all throughout the week. I have amazing co-workers and have learned a lot of skills from them.
great place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKJanuary 10, 2014
Loved everything about this job. Was allergic to a co workers perfume.
Good place for a job
VP, Electronic Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 29, 2013
This is a great place to find a job, but not a career. It is a very vertically managed company with all of the decisions being made by the CEO (CEO only). They like to say there is opportunity there but it is just a carrot that cannot be obtained.

Culture is very Baby Boomer centric. Put in your dues, sacrifice, work overtime, and make sure people get along with you. They do not value production. They would rather pay people more money to bring them in, than they value the people that grow up in the system. If another company is going after you, they think that you owe them and should not even consider bettering yourself. They will not fight to keep you, they will let you walk. Disappointing!

I say that it is a very good place to work. They do have good people working there. They do value work and life balance, but only if you are a VP and higher. The lenders at this bank rule the entire system. They are definitely the top of the totem pole and their egos reflect it. Only a very few are humble enough to actually carry on a conversation.
Pros
Benefits, hours, not demanding, if you can win the preception game...you will win here
Cons
Egos, they hire family over talent, no advancement opportunities
Nice place to work if you love banking
Lobby and Drive Thru Teller  (Former Employee) –  Vian, OKMay 11, 2013
The people were great here but too slow for this fast paced girl. Too much down time. I also did not like the fact that my work schedule changed every week. On the up side, Armstrong bank really gives a lot back to the community.
Pros
Great bonus each year
Cons
work schedule, slow pace
Good company to work for. Excellent benefits. Customer oriented.
Assistant Vice President, Lending (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 26, 2013
Excellent place to work and grow. Typical work day as a lender is very self driven. Taking applications, approving loan requests, meeting with customers and assisting with daily upkeep duties of the branch. My position has required me to be cross trained to assist with all facets of the day to day operations of the bank, including but not limited to: lending functions, deposits functions, new account customer service, assisting the manager with operations functions, teller supervisor assitance.
Pros
company vehicle