Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews in Jackson, TN

Good job
Kiln supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 23, 2019
I had the opportunity to advance in the company. I enjoyed all the great things about them up till the company closed. I was treated with the up most respect from everyone.
Pros
Good people
Cons
7 days a week
I grew attached to the people!
Production Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 28, 2018
It was very hard and repetitive work. Quick paced and was rated every other hour. The management team was not communicative and failed to listen to employers.
Pros
never was laid off
Cons
Very hard and fast pace work
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 14, 2018
I'm serious, it's the worst. They're closed now and good riddance. They set high expectations for low pay and even lower training standards. The employees are toxic and complain often.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 1, 2018
I was happy at Armstrong. I hate that the plant closed. It was a great place to work. My co-workers were great. Great team effort. I wish they had stayed open.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Plant closed
Productive fun place to work
cell nester (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 20, 2017
We got to work and had our daily meeting, then we went to work and made our goal and we went home if we did our jobs right we got a reward at the end of the week
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
long hours hot enviorment
closing of friends
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 27, 2017
fast paced,cold in the winter very hot in summer.good people on the line learn to work with others.management never listened told lies made promises,they did not keep..stressful at times you just had to keep your head up and pray that things would get better.hardest part of job dealing with different people who did not want to work as a team.The most enjoyable part was having a good leader and teamplayers.
Pros
great health ins.
Cons
hot weather
not a good company
Side matcher Operator /Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 29, 2017
Companies culture is to threaten you with your job immediately if you do not give them instant results. They have a high turnover with employees due to being so willing to fire employees, so if you don't get fired you try to leave before you do. They state they are quality focused but then tell you to relax your quality standards to improve their productivity. They treat hourly and salary associates equally bad and think nothing of forcing you into working seven days a week and 12+hour days. Employees focus on how to survive and blame someone else for deficiencies versus how to do a good job and make things better. Company claims to adhere to lean principles but are only concerned with how deep you can cut labor. Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked and I was happy to leave.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
stressful
Productve
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 18, 2017
Very faced paced environment you have to stay focused on whats going to prevent accidents its competive you have to know your woods in order to grade wood
Pros
Pays well
Cons
People
Not fun stressful
Finish Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 8, 2017
You worked for every penny you got,hot and very fast pace we never got a good raise it felt like we were never appreciated we worked in extreme conditions. No sick days they have never met my family turn over was high the work was hard management made it harder. They got rid of good people it was all about if you are not fast enough you had to go they took and took I'm glad it shut down I'll make it any where they taught me that.it's like they put us against each other leads and workers but the last day every body hugged and cried no more frustration
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No company pinic ot anything
Never work for Armstrong Flooring again
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 24, 2017
The only thing I liked about working at Armstrong Flooring day shift. My hours of work started at 6am til 2:30 pm so that gave me plenty of time to take care of my business after work.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Safety 1st, production 2nd, and quality 3rd
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 11, 2017
Stressful
Management some good, some evil
There open door policy believe the lies told on you,
Respect of person
Gift cards every quarter for no accident
Ham and turkey for Christmas and thanksgiving .
Would not make other employee accountable for not doing their job.
Must be strong to survive .
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Heat mistreatment
Enjoyed interacting with different people at various plants.
Staff Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 31, 2017
A great deal of travel involved with responsibility as an Engineering resource for existing equipment and for project work at five or more facilities. Corporate management was very hands on for projects at the various plants being onsite frequently. The job was very gratifying giving me the feeling that I was making a difference.
No job security
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 30, 2017
Job ended unespectingly without notice leaving 215 peopme without jobs . it was good while it lasted maybe the rest of Armstrong will be treated differently
Pros
Its a jobs
Cons
Boring
Overall good.
Operator/Mechanic (Team Leader) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 16, 2017
Good place, competitive wages. Able to learn key positions and aquire experience in a unique process of producing a natural product. Descent people to work with and very big on safety orientated.
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay
Cons
Climate control
Plant Closing
Quality Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 14, 2017
It has always been a great place to work. I am disappointed that the plant is closing. I would still be working there until I retired otherwise. Plant management has always treated me fairly.
Challenging Work With Great People
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 1, 2017
Couldn't really ask for anything more in a workplace! Safety is key focus of organization from the CEO all the way down to the shop floor. The plants really do live the culture. The job is rewarding and challenging. Highly recommend Armstrong for future candidates looking for a place to work hard and expect to be rewarded for your efforts with personal acknowledgment and opportunities for professional growth.
Pros
Compensation, empowerment, support, and safety culture.
Cons
Work load can be tough, competing agendas can negatively impact projects.
I great place to work financially, but a liitle hard on the back.
lugloader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 2, 2017
I liked my time at Armstrong, and didn't mind the aches and pain every now and again. The employees where nice and pretty nice to get along with. I liked the supervisors and the plant manager. They where very interactive.
Pros
excellent financial addvancement
Cons
lot of lifting and back strain
Hard work
Tilt Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 3, 2014
Very hard, constant work, no room for advancement, very little compensation
Pros
constant improvement
Cons
short breaks, very little advancement
Truly a horrible company to work for.
Finishing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 29, 2013
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Constant threatening and extreme work hours
Very fast pace job
Cell Nester (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 16, 2013
A typical Day at word is really fast past none stop until break. At Armstrong i learned to stay focused and notice small details and defects in the company product. Management is on task with constant supervising. Co-workers are team players. The hardes part of the job is getting quality over quantity because of the extremly fast pace in so little time. The most enjoyble part about the job is when the day ends productively.
Pros
Helpful co-workers
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armstrong Flooring. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight