Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews in South Gate, CA

It’s work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAMarch 30, 2019
This place is faced paced. Lots of hours. They lack on management. The people there seem to not care about you. It wasn’t a good environment for me to be at or work at.
Pros
There’s work
Cons
Communication and teamwork
Good pay and working conditions
Operator (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Best to be front line operator good pay and hours. Benefits, Vacation Time and Paid Holidays are really good. Big change over in management with people that have little to no experience.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management doesn't communicate well
good pay
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAAugust 7, 2017
its a fast enviorment but manage are dicks some of them other is fun, cool, a lot of overtime good pay difficult to get in but they have safety culture
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
management not professional
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJune 19, 2017
If you are looking for a good place to work and are willing relocate within the US AFI could be your next opportunity. You will need to be able to work long hours and find unique solutions to complex problems to be successful. This is a fast paced environment where the work to improve never takes a break.
Pros
Fast paced, exciting
Cons
no breaks, pressure filled, liitle recognition
Armstrong
Store Room Lead (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for as they have been around for almost 100 years and still gong strong. They have a great reputation in the flooring business.
Immediately threaten your job
Lean Master Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I was hired to work in the South Gate plant as a corporate employee, never reported to anyone for 3 months because they moved my boss into another position.

I was never given any training on my job and immediately was threatened that if my performance was not better I would be in a; Job in jeopardy. I replied really I just started dont you get a chance to learn your position and there response was you should know it. Everything you do rather its filling out your insurance or establishing a budget you get zero training or help on. I was working 70 hours a week and decided that I was not going to be threatened to perform and give more so I could be told it was not good enough.

I would truly not recommend going to work for this company, it was the worst place I have ever worked. The plant employees are great people but the management & culture I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I worked at other companies where you had 3-6 months to learn your position, I was released at 6 months because I was not doing enough or possibly it was not to there level. Not sure they never give me a reason, it was a joke and I was happy to move on.
Manufacturing and good advancement
Distribution Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  5037 Patata Street South Gate, CA 90280September 17, 2012
Very busy hardwork, fast paced I liked.

Learned to operate many Industrial Mobile Equipments and Manufacturing.

Management was very observant and caring.

Co-workers was very helpful and a team player

Hard part of the job came end of week when we rolled out the last order and we shut down all machine for clean up, some were still steaming hot.

Most enjoyable: Operating Machinery
Pros
paid lunches/hazwopper training was very educational and fun
Cons
hot
work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  South Gate,CAJuly 9, 2012
nice place to work great people and every one is treated equal and acknowledged when work performance is good