Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews in Warren, AR

Fast paced
Full time lumber/Flooring Grader (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARNovember 23, 2018
The job is faced paced and difficult, great benefits, paid lunch break, only issue i have found is that when the mill breaks down they make us clock out. Other than that, great place to work.
Excellent workplace
Sander Feeder (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARSeptember 26, 2018
I personally enjoyed working at Armstrong. I would most definitely go back and work there further on in the future. I never had any problems with anyone there. Everyone was nice and helpful there.
Pros
Discounts on flooring
Cons
Short breaks
I wouldnt do it
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJune 24, 2018
I honestly feel like if you not from warren or grew up with the manager its not a job for you. There they toke away the union so all da supervisor is family. So therefore they whole family work there n they would make it easy on they family but hard on you and talk to you with no respect.
Pros
Cons
Breaks wasnt worth callin a break
production company that manufactures hardwood flooring
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at Armstrong consists of full scheduled direct reporting. Daily production goal of 50K ft. per 8 hour shift. Each shift is required to perform preventative maintenance. The culture at Armstrong is fast pace production built on team work.
Good management team, promotes equal input by team members. All opinions listened to. Management team members respect each members area of expertise.
Plant Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARFebruary 2, 2017
Work location is managed by a team of diverse individual with their own expertise and knowledge. Team members are respected for what they know and all opinions are valued. Managers are capable of running their own departments and are not micro-managed. Production personnel are capable and willing to do what's needed to get the job done. The work life is built on cooperation and respect.
Pros
Cooperation, Strong corporate backing with little oversight, respect for each other is a key feature.
Cons
Older equipment, pace is streesful at times, climate conditions
Nice place to work down to earth supervisor/manangement
Knot Sawyer (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARNovember 27, 2016
Nice place to work. extreme work conditions as far as the summer and winter conditions goes.. due to my shift hrs. its hard to be a parent
Pros
Good job oppurtuinties
Cons
bad for parenting
Co workers with like wise goal
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARNovember 27, 2016
A good team of people coming together to make a good product and a better life for their family at home. hard working conditions extreme weather summer and winter
Pros
Good team
Cons
Bad hour to raise a family
Horrible supervisors
Grader (Former Employee) –  Warren, arNovember 9, 2016
They have there picks if you ever get on there "hate list" u can hang it up they make it hard on you. The supervisors can be heard in the break rooms during breaks talking about employees and spreading rumors or personal information about employees they don't like. It's just like high school all over again they need to show more of a supervisor role. Otherwise, it's great pay and great benefits. 401k makes you pay if u take out retirement after leaving. I worked here for two years. You only get a months training. If they see you can't figure out how to grade they fire you or ask to send you to another department. The lighting makes grading very difficult after gloss is applied to find defects quick enough.
Pros
Pay benifits
Cons
Horrible childish supervisors
Good fun work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJune 24, 2016
One typical day at work i became friends with a lot of peoples.I learn a lot at work when my boss show me how to do it i look real close and watch how she do it without talking and i try it. So far all my manage was pretty cool and fun to be around i looked at them as a big brother or sisters.I get close with all my co-worker become friends and help each others though work when one need help.The hardest part of a job is when someone brings their problem to work.The most enjoyable part of work when it over and you can go home and be with your family.
Good place to work. management is excellent.
Side Matcher Feeder, Nester, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARAugust 25, 2014
The work environment was great. There were various job titles that I had, and from a production standpoint it wasn't bad at all. The job involved understanding and taking the initiative to learn the work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes didnt get any notice of if we had to work or not until the last minute
packaging hard wood flooring
production (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJune 3, 2013
Extremely hard work, a lot of heavy lifting and long hours but excellent pay and plenty of over time
Pros
good pay
Cons
heavy lifting
Wood Flooring
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARNovember 21, 2012
Produce wood flooring in various sizes and width. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the people.
Pros
management