Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews for Engineer

Assessment trip filled with enthusiastic student engineers.
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 26, 2015
This was my first on field project with my team in the IAC department. Being the first one. i was filled with enthusiasm regarding the procedure and my role in the project.

In this assessment i had been made familiarized to my future working environment.We were guided by a plant engineer to the various parts if the plant where we gathered data which would be helpful in assisting the company in energy conservation.

It was indeed my first achievement when we were informed that the company has showed their full interest in implementing the ideas and techniques put-forth by our team.
Immediately threaten your job
Lean Master Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I was hired to work in the South Gate plant as a corporate employee, never reported to anyone for 3 months because they moved my boss into another position.

I was never given any training on my job and immediately was threatened that if my performance was not better I would be in a; Job in jeopardy. I replied really I just started dont you get a chance to learn your position and there response was you should know it. Everything you do rather its filling out your insurance or establishing a budget you get zero training or help on. I was working 70 hours a week and decided that I was not going to be threatened to perform and give more so I could be told it was not good enough.

I would truly not recommend going to work for this company, it was the worst place I have ever worked. The plant employees are great people but the management & culture I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I worked at other companies where you had 3-6 months to learn your position, I was released at 6 months because I was not doing enough or possibly it was not to there level. Not sure they never give me a reason, it was a joke and I was happy to move on.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2013
Armstrong was a great place to start. I was able to work on quite a few projects with the production and engineering personnel. It helped me learn a lot of processes. I lead some projects as well which was good, because I was able to show them that their training "and allowing me to watch how experienced professionals manage projects" wasn't a waste of time. All of my co-workers thought of me as a youngster willing to learn and help where I could, so they were great at getting me involved as much as possible. Working here was a great learning experience. I am forever grateful for the opportunities they gave me.