Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

its a job
Forklift Operator/endmatcher/knottsaw (Current Employee) –  Beverly, WVMay 6, 2018
not to bad its very hot not much air even with fans.the pay is good for the area work very hard and short handed often. the lunch rooms are kept clean
Pros
good pay
Cons
need better venting for dust and air
good paying job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 22, 2018
They are closed down. They were a good paying company.The work was fast paced. There is a good team that i was working with we all worked together, Everyone carried their own weight and more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
No advancement
Reach truck Operator and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 30, 2017
Typical day at work I would be loading and unloading trailers with tile. The management wasn't good at all, the 2 years that i was there i was never sat down for any evaluations or was never told where i could improve, I like knowing because I feel there is always room for improvement. The hardest part of the job was working for Kelly Services Temp agency, They were constantly shorting my checks and when I called to let them know my checks were short it either took them weeks to respond or I would have to call them every week to ask and remind them.
I enjoy my job, Have some type of a challenge everyday.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  West Plains MissouriJuly 19, 2017
I like working with wood. I like the challenges I have everyday. I like the people I work with . We are like a family help watch out for each other at the yard. I like my bosses they always listen to us and answer us if they know it , If not they find out. I love working outside, even though it is very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. I like the truck drivers we deal with when we are unloading them or loading them. They are very polite. It is a fast pace job and have to stay alert at all times don't want anyone getting hurt or killed. Don't want to damage any property or tear up any trucks. Winter is a challenge with snow and ice on packs operating safely without losing them.
Pros
Safety awards, Awards for services of years, pizzas and etc. For doing a good job every now and then.
Cons
I think we need better insurance
Good natured people/ good worl enviroment.
Reach Truck Operator/ forklift and order picking (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 22, 2015
Liked working here, was a learning experience. had of alot of different peple help me along the way, and was greatly appreciated, my supervisor was a very good-natured man and had a good attitude toward with was recognized by his workers, he knew how to motivate people to get them inspired about the days events, wish i could have worked for him longer than i did.
Pros
liked the people
Cons
not enough time spent there
General Warehouse
Forklift operator and General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 7, 2015
Duties:Driving Battery and propane operated forklifts. Transported raw materials throughout the warehouse. Loaded trucks with freight. Lifted over 60lbs.
Company Closed
Inspector/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 14, 2015
It was a joyful place to work. I learned to drive a forklift and learned how to make hardwood flooring. Coworkers were nice and pleasant to work with. Management were pretty easy to get along with. There wasn't anything hard about working at Armstrong Flooring.
Pros
the company closed
Cons
the Company Closed
Excellant
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kensett, ARFebruary 19, 2014
I worked on a forklift from the time I got to work until I clocked out what more can I say... loved it.
Pros
never had to get off forklift
Cons
always moving
work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  South Gate,CAJuly 9, 2012
nice place to work great people and every one is treated equal and acknowledged when work performance is good