Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews for Production Supervisor

production company that manufactures hardwood flooring
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at Armstrong consists of full scheduled direct reporting. Daily production goal of 50K ft. per 8 hour shift. Each shift is required to perform preventative maintenance. The culture at Armstrong is fast pace production built on team work.
Very stressful workplace but very many opportunities to move up
KPO/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 31, 2017
Armstrong declined because of the market but during my time with Armstrong I was able to learn and improve my skills tremendously. The opportunities that I was afforded were wonderful.
cold winters hot summers
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 10, 2016
Why are all these reviews by former employees? Made a lot of friends. A lot of the people temps send in are Idiots, waste of time,do not want to work.
Pros
close to home
Safe, Productive place to work in flooring porduction industry.
Mill Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Plains MoJanuary 20, 2016
I currently work as a production supervisor. I show up to work typically around 30 mins before the shift starts to check emails, ensure the equipment is turned on properly, go over the production plan with my leads, enter in the sku's we are running for the night. I then hold a safety meeting at the beginning of every shift. After our meeting I delegate where everyone needs to go for the night. During the production hours I run several yield checks as well as ensure everyone is working in a safely and efficient manner. At the middle of our shift I send out a mid shift report based on our production, downtime, yield findings. I also send out an end of shift reporting these and other findings as well through out my shift. I enter in the end of night numbers in our metrics system as well as Mii. I compare the numbers to ensure they match. We also attend a daily managers meeting at the end of our shift to report our numbers and explain any issues. We also go over daily, weekly, as well as long term solutions and ideas that need to be addressed based on an opportunities we have.
While being in management at Armstrong I have learned a different side of the business that is not seen on the production floor as an hourly employee.
There are many rewarding as well as many opportunities that are faced in the daily operations. Not only am I involved in the daily operations, but also the sales part of it. The customers is what drives our company. Safety is our number one goal. While I enjoy my job I am currently looking for different hours to work.
Pros
Self Satisfaction of being able to run a crew of 30 members safely and effectively
Cons
hours
Fun Work Environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monticello, KYOctober 26, 2014
Overall good company. Company shows care for their employees top to bottom.
Caterpillar
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pomona MOOctober 19, 2014
I made a long time commitment to this company. The management does a good job of keeping the employees informed on decisions that make a big impact on their work lives.
Pros
Good pay, climate controlled facility, mulitple shifts available
Was a very enjoyable and rewarding job.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 12, 2014
Great benefits and upper management was a pleasure to work for. Very rewarding job because we could daily and monthly check our performance. Made many great and life long friends there.