Armstrong Flooring Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, could be stressful at times, lots of great people to work with.
Nester/Putty person (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOFebruary 24, 2018
When I started we had three shifts I worked second shift but after 2 years they layed second shift off. Probably still be working there if hadn't been layed off.
Pros
Great benefits, matched 401k safety awards every six months for working safely.
Cons
Being layed off.
The good, the bad, the ugly.
Regional Marketing Program Manager SE/SW (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2018
Great name in the industry. Started there when they became an independent company. Everything was grand and my management and direction were clear as day. towards the end of my tenure there, I had 3 different managers in 6months. The comfort level of job security went from good to bad to ugly with each change of guard. Each year there was a huge company restructure. Most recently me and about 100 other folks didn't make the cut. I am not sore about that, but I wont be so naïve next time. If you value career growth and job security look elsewhere... if you want to roll the dice and see what happens go for it!
Pros
good name and industrty
Cons
restructures every year
Good pay and working conditions
Operator (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Best to be front line operator good pay and hours. Benefits, Vacation Time and Paid Holidays are really good. Big change over in management with people that have little to no experience.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management doesn't communicate well
Poor Management with no sense of of accountability
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Armstrong Flooring is a spinoff of Armstrong World. The upper management has their hands in too many pots than they can handle and are highly DISENGAGED. They refuse to provide more resources (money, labor, capital) to their plants because their business is FAILING. Mind you they are competing with Shaw and Mohawk. The plants are POORLY staffed with only 4-5 individual having a college degree over 200-300 workers. They paint a different picture about their organization than what actually it is. They encourage you to challenge status quo but when you do you get shown the door. I would definitely NOT recommend ANYONE to go here. Please look for opportunities where your talent will be recognized and appreciated. There is no room for advancement in a FAILING business. I pray that things gets turned around because a lot of people's job are at risk as they already restructured 80 people out of their jobs including their Chief Innovation Officer.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
No Training, No Accountability, No Execution, No Clarity, Mediocrity, Disengaged management
fast pace workday with long hours
Midwest Retail Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 12, 2018
Develop and maintaining a preferred manufacturer status with key A&D Firms, major end-users and Flooring Contractors
Partner with the local distributor to close projects, administer pricing to support key projects, site inspections/claims when necessary, and product knowledge and training
Drive and grow profitable sales of Armstrong products with key flooring contractors and buying groups/affiliations
Build relationships with distributors to achieve customer satisfaction and financial goals via joint-travel to key customers, sales promotions and presentations
Communicate and implement pricing, marketing programs, promotions, and initiatives to drive the business
Successfully executing new product launch initiatives with distributor reps, A&D/End Users and at the flooring contractor level.
Pros
My own boss
Cons
short lived do to company restructure
SR Supply/Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Due to a restructuring in the residential sector, my position was eliminated along with 100 other positions within the company. Business has continued to decline year over year over the past 20 years of my experience.
Instability
Retail Strategic Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 7, 2018
There have been numerous changes over the past year creating a culture of insecurity and instability. You never feel save in your job regardless of performance.
Enjoy working in benefits and providing good customer service.
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in a supervised department but left to do daily work with minimal supervision. Workplace is diverse and focused on the corporate values. Hardest part of my job - learning about pivot tables,
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
difficult corporate culture
Level 2 Operater (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Difficult atmosphere to work in. Management not consistent with skills needed to manage properly. Policies change at a moments notice. Management does not recognize potential of personel capable to supervise.
Horrible place to work.
Flooring Nester (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 31, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for Armstrong to anyone. Pay was ridiculously low considering the years a person works. Hard working company the pay should have been extremely higher.
Very productive. Good pay
Edge profile operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Good place to work with strong and long work history. Pay is average to slightly above average. Good benefits Union work force. Recently invested in New LVT tile line . SO future looks very promising
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Swing shift
production company that manufactures hardwood flooring
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, ARJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at Armstrong consists of full scheduled direct reporting. Daily production goal of 50K ft. per 8 hour shift. Each shift is required to perform preventative maintenance. The culture at Armstrong is fast pace production built on team work.
not recommend it to anyone
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 14, 2018
you never knew what post they would have u on . they would wake u up in the middle of the night and want u to be at a post 200 miles away and they would not pay for gas or milage theowner was one of the worst people i have eve worked for in my life and they would lie to u about ure money all the time
Pros
Cons
no benifits at all
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 9, 2018
It was fun to work here in the summers and get to experience the many different aspects of Armstrong Cable. They provided me with 3 enjoyable summers and good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physical work
it is a call center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 6, 2018
You log in and take calls. You receive regular breaks. They take the time to plan activities and food days. Popcorn Fridays are a nice addition. Your schedule is based off of a shift bid, which can be unfortunate. You have to take the schedule you get, which can mean months without a weekend off.
enjoyable to work with the peop;e I worked with
Tool & Die Maker (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
working on dies and changeable parts, trouble shooting presses, Changing over presses to run different jobs, I learned a lot about roll forming, And moving dies to precision locations, Our upper management cared about making our work place a fun place to be, and a safe place to work. the work place had a take care of your coworker mentality, The hardest part of my job is sometimes I have to take care of production by myself, The most enjoyable part was our celabrations,
Pros
safty lunch, perfect attendance lunch, prizes and give aways, we played games to connect workers
Cons
no one to compare your work to. Low raises, no place for abvancement.
Good workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 1, 2018
I was happy at Armstrong. I hate that the plant closed. It was a great place to work. My co-workers were great. Great team effort. I wish they had stayed open.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Plant closed
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 29, 2017
Armstrong Flooring is very good to its employees. It has shut down some locations, so its stability is in question. Overall, it is a good place to work.
Monotonous and poor management=low morale
SNE (Current Employee) –  Beverly, WVDecember 29, 2017
Better paying job for our area but the management really drags you down. Even if you do well at your job and do what they ask if you aren't a "chosen one" you need to watch your back. The benefits are decent. The pay is decent especially for the location. Break times are ridiculous and actually go against Federal Mandates. We work 10 hr days and it becomes very monotonous. Management wants to stress "Safety" but if you try to report issues it goes ignored, same way with the production equipment. You get paid vacation and a lot of sick time but again if you aren't a favorite you get it held against you. HR Dept is poor, doesn't return calls doesn't help much at all
Pros
Good pay, benefits, Company match 401k, Paid Vaca//Sick time
Cons
Poor Management, Favoritism, HR Dept, long monotonous shifts
Productive fun place to work
cell nester (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 20, 2017
We got to work and had our daily meeting, then we went to work and made our goal and we went home if we did our jobs right we got a reward at the end of the week
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
long hours hot enviorment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armstrong Flooring. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight