Armstrong International Employee Reviews

outstanding
boiler operator/machanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Best company I ever worked for. Moved to S Texas to be closer to family, or would have retired at Armstrong. The company moto was work to live and not live to work.
Pros
work life balance
Felt Like Family
Global Network & Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 14, 2017
This is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. The culture was amazing, the employees were amazing, and everyone felt like family. If you ever have an opportunity to work for this company, take it.
Nice place to work
Pipe Fitters Helper (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIAugust 27, 2017
Very family oriented and very friendly place to work. Relaxed environment and very nice management. Great character and a great place to work. If you have an opportunity try to work here.
Pros
Honor system
Fun place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Armstrong International is a culture-rich company with many positive benefits. The company views its employees as family members and cares about making sure that the atmosphere is fun and an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Employees typically retire from Armstrong.
Cons
There really aren't any.
Horrible!!
Boiler Operator/Industrial Waste Water Monitor (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 22, 2016
Co-workers were prime examples of how to be a worthless human being. Terrible work environment, terrible communication between shift change. Verbal abuse and harassment from co-workers with no repercussions or consequences from management. No praise for a good job. poor pay for the work done. Benefits were good though. But other than that. Don't work for the Armstrong at Heinz in Muscatine.
Pros
Not many
Cons
To many to list
A dying company
Certified Welder Duties (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 16, 2015
Very backstabbing middle management. Corporate puts to much trust in their middle managers. Honesty is one of their key values and it is broken daily. Twenty years ago this was a very good company, but now it is horrible at best. If your looking for employment their please do yourself a huge favor keep looking better jobs our out there. This was a weld code shop at one time, what a joke. It's just a matter of time when a customer like Shell finds out that they no longer care about quality or following very strict welding codes. Trust me I know I worked for over twenty years in their so called welling department.
Pros
some people are nice to work with
Cons
middle management is full of lies. Very stagnant, and a dying company
Just another contract company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  MiAugust 23, 2015
They tell you what you want to hear. The wage and benefits were not what they promised. Alot of disgruntled guys in the field not happy with how they are treated.
Far from being simply a boiler operator.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAApril 16, 2014
Weekday shifts saw IWTP maintenance and monitoring, boiler and ancillary equipment maintenance and monitoring, and maintenance and monitoring of a 4 compressor plant air system. Weekend shifts were start ups and shutdowns and a whole lot of pipe fitting. A single and not too active supervisor was all that was necessary in our crew of 5.
I learned a great deal about pipe fitting and industrial equipment maintenance in this year. I also had my introduction to water treatment here which became an EPA class K operator certification in the state of Illinois a little over a year later.
The small crew working for Armstrong got along well and accomplished a lot during my time there. The hardest parts of the job were being alone on weekends and doing repairs on piping jobs that could have kept 2 people busy. The Heinz plant has a lot of very old steam piping. I enjoyed the general maintenance and chemical related work .
Pros
Good safety, coworkers, training
Cons
no chance for advancement or even lateral movement
good work enviroment
Stionary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYApril 14, 2014
Good work enviroment. Horrible upper management. Safety issues were a concern.
Pros
Light work
Cons
Bad managers
Laid back work environment, close knit employees with good moral standings
College Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIMay 7, 2013
This was a summer job where I worked mostly in a factory position building the hot water hose stations and some other products that this manufacturer sold. The employees and management were all good down to earth people with reasonable expectations and standards. The hardest part about the jobs were the rush orders in which myself and my team of a few others had to get a massive amount of work done in a short period of time. All in all the company was great and took very good care of their employees.