Armstrong State University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
A great culture in which to work and learn.
Full-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 29, 2018
Armstrong is a great place to work. I enjoyed the collegiality among faculty and staff. The univesity is very student oriented. It is a wonderful choice for the non-traditional student.
Good job. Poor coordination.
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 28, 2018
The job was swell as a lab assistant, but the company had huge problems with management, or more precisely, lack thereof. Poor communication between department heads and lack of effective leadership from the president.
Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2018
I completed research with faculty that were very understanding and always helpful. I would always choose to work with the people who called themselves alumni of this esteemed university.
Cooperative and team strength
Graduate Assistant, Office of Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2018
I had an amazing work experience working with amazing staff who were always encouraging and supportive in every situation. I highly recommend this place as you not only grow professionally but also personally which helped me to grow in many ways.
Pros
support, team building, understanding
Growing as a person
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 10, 2018
Being an RA is a rewarding job if you like helping residents learn and grow as a person. Everywhere is different, but I enjoyed my job here and I am grateful for the experience.
Beneficial
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Armstrong State University. I worked in Financial Aid over a Summer then moved to Housing and Residence Life. There I started out as a Desk Assistant (DA), handling the office needs and resolving basic student issues such as maintenance requests, appeals for judicial issues and room change requests. I was able to gain a Graduate Assistantship also, which assisted in obtaining my Masters Degree.
Wonderful Place and People
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 10, 2018
The people at the Armstrong campus of Georgia Southern University are wonderful. Most days are fairly low stress, with occasional exceptions. The first tier up of management is wonderful, and individually excellent above that, however there manage to be some bureaucratic difficulties that creep in with the various layers above that.
Pros
Free Tuition
Fast Pace
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Can be fast paced environment at times. Need to be very customer service type employee in order to provide professional, informative details about protocol.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Promotions are few and far between
work place and clinical
clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 7, 2018
instructing student
working fast pace
very pleasant
I loved teaching and learn from students
advance student worked hard to complete all assigned task and where eager to learn
Pros
working in hospital environment
Typical Day at Work
Lab prep assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at work as a Lab prep student in the biology department was slow. We will have really busy periods where you will have almost no time to get it all done. As a TA is was stressful and required a lot of studying without being paid.
Pros
lunches, madde my own schedule, worked around school
Cons
slow, bad pay
Collage with good reputation
Full-time Temporary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 22, 2018
I was an adjuct professor at Armstrong State Univeristy. The univeristy is a good place to work with good beneifts when people are hired on as full professors.
Good school, but consolidation cost several employees their jobs.
Enterprise Applications Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2017
The poor communication between the schools and the employees who lost their positions due to the consolidation caused a high stress situation. Less that 20 days until the consolidation and I still have not been told I don't have a position at the consolidated university. I've only been told I was not selected for the position for which I applied.
Typical Day at Armstrong
Assistant Transfer Evaluation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2017
A typical day at armstrong includes me pulling reports to evaluate students transcripts. The joy comes from knowing you assisted a student to continue with their college career.
Pros
Holiday off
Cons
The merger we are experiencing switching from armstrong to GSU. No knowing if you will have a job.
I enjoy working at Armstrong. I really like my job but there is no room for upward mobility.
Design and Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2017
I am currently responsible for all of the major construction projects on the campus. I have been working in the facilities management for more than twenty years. I have enjoyed my experience working at Armstrong.
Benefits
Cons
Promotion opportunities
Great place to study
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 11, 2017
The University has Great Educational programs; The culture of the University is tops; The Campus as a whole is of value to the educational value of the university; the student population to staff ratio; the fact that the institution is tuned to the culture and needs of the Community;
Pros
Great educational programs as relate to the community served
Cons
Forced to become part of the GA system vs its private ruling.
internships
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2017
Not a lot prospects for internships and the mentors are not pushing the interns towards new and relevant technologies. Most professors are still teaching from the 1990 books.
Productive and energetic workplace
Head Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 26, 2017
Very good and energetic place to work. Administration is behind you 100% and will do what is needed to help. Hours are flexible as long as the work is done.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
financial restraints
Exciting with new changes
Student Government Association Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 18, 2017
It was good place to work if you don't mind taking on more tasks than you are getting paid to preform. Working with the students is very fulfilling but there is definitely a high turnover because of the work load on all staff.
Appreciated and Affirming of Academic Ability
Lab Monitor and Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2017
Everyone was always nice, accommodating, willing to teach and ambitious. I loved being there. It affirmed that I am interesting in working in an academic environment.and am a great asset in an academic environment
Student
Clinical & Simulation Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 3, 2017
I had a positive experience as a nursing student at Armstrong. I would recommend this school to those interested in receiving a quality education. I feel prepared to face the future.