Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Found 2,539 reviews matching the search See all 2,852 reviews
Great team players
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Point, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Not a stressful atmosphere. You have the potential to advance, Happy environment with clean breakroom. Great, caring coworkers.
The jobs aren't hard and there are many areas of work to choose from.
Pros
Easy to get to on post and they have good benefits
Cons
Traveling over the mountain in the winter
Very fun working there
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Working here was exciting at times and a very good eye opener on how the military operate on things that we as people that are not in the service take for granted.
Pros
Very fun work place to work
Cons
Not enough places to eat lunch on site
Diverse Environment
Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Face pace environment, if you stay focus you would have opportunity for promotion. There was always open position in different department but allot of politics in the hiring process.
regular part time, 5287L06-02, Theater Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 12, 2019
Rather not say any more about this company. I do like the job I am currently doing. but there are other things I don't like about the company. And that is the only reason I am thinking of leaving.
My Work Opinion
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2019
A typical day for me is that I come early to work to see if any problems happened overnight then review any new JIRA tickets. One thing which I learned is to keep the surprises to a minimal. The hardest part of the job is learning to go home and not staying so late.
Pros
Early to work
Cons
Short breaks
Loved working at the shoppette
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Huachuca, ArizonaFebruary 6, 2019
I was very fortunate my bosses took the time to teach me. This is how I got promoted to assistant supervisor. My daily routine consisted of attending to customers , food ordering, counting cash register, and closing the store at night.
Pros
meeting different individiuals
Cons
Better pay
Army Air Force position
Sales associate/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZ.February 6, 2019
working for the Air force exchange service was a affordable easy way to earn money because the work was easy and the people were hard working fun people to be around also the managers were respectable and easy going the job was never boring and the work was never unnoticed the store was newly built and the experience was remberable
Pros
work incentives
Cons
lost or damaged items
Hard to move up
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 6, 2019
I never get approve to use my vacation time, there is a lack of full time positions. Not compatible with my college degree. Mix communication from management.
Cons
No benifits with Intermittent position
Slow paced work environment and poor management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 4, 2019
The work environment is extremely relaxed and slow paced which can be nice if you are comfortable working under those conditions. All other employees are generally very friendly and are willing to provide a helping hand. However, the management style is very poor and there were frequent scheduling issues.
Pros
Tax free shopping and 30 minute lunches
Cons
Poor management
Excellent place to be employed
Fast Foods (Former Employee) –  California,Georgia.Japan and AlabamaFebruary 2, 2019
Burger King Assist Mgr

Overall experience was GOOD, i had previous mgr experience and the managers that i worked for needed MORE TRAINING in PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT>
Pros
Great support when changing STATION(RENTAL CAR, Hotel)accommodations}
Cons
management training in PERSONNEL MATTERS?
you feel that you are part of something great
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2019
Mostly programming and setting up system.
Went on location to give training and check communications.
Felt like a family. Had organized outings.
Flexible projects.
Pros
Part of a large organization
Cons
Requires more of its employees than what should be expected
Concept Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 30, 2019
Requires managers to work off the clock while refusing to negotiate pay and to provide raises. Supervisors working under managers were making mere cents less per hour. No work life balance despite being hired and told I would. Put over 10 years into the company without any benefit. Was verbally told I was taking a higher temporary leadership position but when asked about compensation later stated I was never promoted. All while requiring me to work on two installations other than the facility I was assigned to.
Pros
Job security
Cons
work-live balance, low wages, stressful environment.
Great place to work.
eComm Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Once you complete training, you work at your own pace. The escalation team handles the most difficult issues. The most enjoyable part is work with our military.
Pros
People you work with.
Cons
Shifts
Work day
Shift Manager Regimental Troop Store Ft Huachuca (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 29, 2019
it can be hard , and it can be good , when you work with people who made it worth while with training , and understanding and caring about their staff
Pros
friendship
Cons
not enough training for the jobs
decent place to work if you like part time
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2019
The job I worked was part time, but still had us scheduled to work 5-6 days a week, even only making no more than 35 hours a week. The pay was decent for the area I was in, and the work was ok. They didn't fire people who should have been fired. The managers were really only people who stayed in the area long enough, not people who deserved it.
hostile coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoyed working there, but I did'n't appreciate how some issues never got addressed from leadership. I believe in teamwork, and working with hostile coworkers isn't fun, especially when absolutely unacceptable behaviors, like poor attention to customers, aren't addressed.
Boston Market
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJanuary 28, 2019
Great , very nice
. The pay goes up very often :-) Only bad thing about it is the hours . When the work space is slow they will cut
hours down.
Best company
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 26, 2019
in all the jobs I've had, this was the most beautiful, professional, courteous, and clean organization I've ever worked for. They not only care for your well-being, but they also care about the well-being of the customers or guess. Overall, they truly care
Pros
Half-price lunch, clean, professional, easy promotion, kind people
Great people easy fun work.
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 26, 2019
I love working with the Military and different types of people. I only work part time but I still receive benefits and paid leave. The hours and days for my schedule.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of hourly pay
Great experience
OPS (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2019
As a military wife it was really grate having my first Jos opportunity on post. Maybe they didn’t had the best management at the time but they were people trying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.

51K