Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Found 2,451 reviews matching the search See all 2,735 reviews
Customer oriented
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VADecember 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for AAFES, they are very customer oriented. They always make sure the customer is satisfied with their product, they always make sure their customers leave happy
Felt personally bullied, mistreated
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYDecember 10, 2018
Rarely was able to take a break, went unnoticed a majority of the time for work efforts, mistreated by both customers and coworkers, worked by myself and rarely had help that was actually helpful, managers and supervisors played favorites, expected results without proper training, coworkers are allowed to be rude to you, and supervisors and managers laugh, newbies disrespect efforts to be trained, didnt get raise after first 6 months, hours are cut after first paycheck, workers who didnt know or do as much are treated better, its always your fault if you're the first one they see after something isnt right. Customers are typical, its your fault if the store doesnt have a certain item, leave their garbage hidden around the store, return damaged items beyond return policy, shoplift, misplace items in wrong departments in a large store. Paid less for admitadly more work than custodians and laborors. You always work more departments than described im job description. Pretty sure i wasnt paid my due.
Pros
Cant think of them.
Cons
Explained.
Always busy
Laborer (Former Employee) –  North TexasDecember 9, 2018
It started out great and then after 2 weeks they would call saying they didn’t my help today come in tomorrow. Too many managers for such a small place never knew who was the person in charge. Racist night manager. I never had any formal training and she would be disgusted if a question was asked on instructions. Each manager wanted things done “their way”
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Too many managers and no training
Great place to work.
Base Exchange Automotive Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILDecember 8, 2018
Worked for them 5 years. I always kept a positive attitude about my work. Auto care is what I did and other duties assigned. No stress just hard work.
First job out of Business school
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2018
AAFES provided great training opportunities and hired me right out of business school. I advanced to multiple position, went as a paid volunteer civilian to do inventory in Afghanistan, met cool people and enjoyed my time working at AAFES but chose to leave to other career opportunities and relocation.
Pros
Chill environment, good training, job security
Cons
low pay
Toxic management, no training provided.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDDecember 6, 2018
I made it a month before I quit, the managers scheduled me to work as a cashier without telling me beforehand at all. I never was formally trained in so I couldn't do the job I was hired for well enough. After I slightly injured myself at work and took one day off, management lost it. I was told that I should have never even applied to this job if I had a bad back (I don't, I'm in great shape actually) and that the manager thought I was lying about injuring myself at work. This same manager takes at least 6 smoke breaks a shift, and smokes right next to the back door so all the smoke gets in the store.
I called HR the next day and was told they would talk to her.
Pros
customers were well mannered.
Cons
toxic management, verbal harassment, always smells like cigarette smoke.
Fun place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camp Red CloudDecember 6, 2018
It was an interesting and fun place to work and also rather busy during certain holidays. I've worked in the Aafes for about 3 years and enjoyed my time there!
great start but don't stay long
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 2, 2018
Working for AAFES starts out great and you meet a lot of people from around the world which is refreshing, but then you start to notice the disorganization with in the AAFES Workforce. Which is quite frustrating and makes you feel stuck.
Good place to work at
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXNovember 29, 2018
I was very happy to have this job and sad I had to leave but management got bad and I had no choice but to leave the job. I was a cashier and customer service attendant and customers always loved how i helped them and was always there for them.
Great Career Opportunities
RPOS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKNovember 29, 2018
Learned a lot working in Alaska. Fort Riley, Kansas on the other hand needs serious help. Management is lacking and training is near none. I guess it all depends on which military installation you are on.
I worked for Taco Johns
A TACO JOHNS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WANovember 25, 2018
My duties were to keep trash and food court clean. Prepare food, help with final clean up. Everyone was real nice too work with. Prepare ingriendents for the menu.
Cashier
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OK 73503November 23, 2018
Took all the food orders from the soldiers and their families. Ordered all the stores supplies. Helped maintain the restaurants clean and comfortable for all families.
Pros
Met some very nice people and made sure the customers where satified with their orders.
Cons
Upset customers
productive and fun workkplace
Louisiana - Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 21, 2018
I typically love to work in a place where there is a transparent flow of information and the people are focus and.i also love working with people who enjoy what they are doing
It's a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2018
From the time I was there there was some up and down days. Dealing with all the Armed Forces was great. Enjoyed working with my co-worker and managers.
Pros
Bonuses
no challenge
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 20, 2018
very little training
have to educate myself
very little leadership
toxic workplace culture
love the job, very educational
minimum wages is a problem
Part time
Stocker / Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXNovember 14, 2018
Part time not enough money to pay your bills car payment to make a living Its a dead in job
No room for advancement
in less you are someone favor
They have favoritism
Nobodys hold accountable for there responsibilities
Work Environment
Online Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
The most enjoyable job I have had thus far. Commute is great. They work with your schedule. Advancement is easy you just have to show willingness to be there. They always hire around September for the holidays so if you want a job look around that time.
Terrible
Civil Servant (Former Employee) –  DelawareNovember 13, 2018
Terrible company. Treats workers like garbage, makes you feel its dead end. No career advancement, terrible hours, overall just terrible. Worked 14 days straight just to receive two days off in a row. Very unfair.
Not so much fun
AAFES BX MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Al-Udied ,QatarNovember 13, 2018
I have Learn so much from my AAFES Carries but ends of the day you don't get pay for things are you do, but training program are absolutely awesome, I have learned how do customer service
Job Review
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 12, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company, gave me the opportunity to grow in my position while attending Retail Management Academy to further my job knowledge. Daily job duties are fast pace, multi tasking and quick thinking on your feet are a typical day. Assisting a wide range of culture while insuring their wants and needs are met. Hardest part for me was resigning.
Pros
Oppurtuity
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about