Army National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 14,391 reviews matching the search See all 14,687 reviews
National Guard
Cadet-Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 18, 2019
Structured, organized, competitive, quick paced. The teachings and training's that you receive in the national guard translates over to the civilian and can help you in other aspects of life.
Not for everyone
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 18, 2019
The Army National Guard is really more of a lifestyle than a job. It requires you to stay in shape and be motivated to push yourself. You get out of your career in the Army the same amount your welling to give it.
benefits
Cons
being away from family
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2019
Whatever task was at hand got done with effectiveness. If you do everything you were told to do, and follow orders everything will flow a lot smoother than carving your own route.
lots of oppurtunity and career options
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 18, 2019
I plan on making a full career out of being in the Rhode Island Army National Guard. I plan on using the education benefits as well as exploring new career options that are available to me.
Great working environement
Diversity Program Manager, (GS-14) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 17, 2019
Ability to work with a diverse team that promotes innovation toward mission success. The overall environment is rewarding while dealing with uncertain mission requirements and domestic operations.
Pros
communiting benefits, on site cafe
Cons
parking
Some bad apples
Sergeant (E5) (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 17, 2019
Not every person within the unit I was in should have stayed in due to poor performance and attitude. Granted that not everyone is made for the military.
Loved it
Hydraulic Technician AFSC 2A6X5 (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 17, 2019
Many years of service to my state and beloved UNITED STATES of AMERICA. Would do it till I pass away if possible. Every American should serve and get a understanding of what made us. God Bless America
Pros
Life, Liberty and the persuit of Happiness
Cons
Love it or leave it
What I have learned
Texas Army National Guard Sergeant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2019
The Texas Army National Guard is a good place to work and has great medical, and education benefits are great. The comradery, and serving your state and country are what I miss the most. It is also hear where I learned what the " Good ol' boy system" truly means.
benefits
Cons
promotions
It is an honor
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 16, 2019
Being a part of the National Guard has been the greatest honor of my life. Great people, lots of opportunity to learn and advance. The only issue I have is being away from my family. But thats what I signed up for
Good for communicating and getting new skills.
92G Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
The Army NG is a civilian soldier. It will help you learn skills in a environment where you will meet different kinds of people. It can also keep you physically fit considering that it's part of the job.
Awesome people and the boos was awesome
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 15, 2019
our SFC while i was there was awesome. She was fair and firm, and very approachable. She won the hearts and minds of her people and was just great. She made a hard day easy.
Pros
Brotherhood
Cons
possibilities away from home
The National Guard is filled with opportunity
Information Technology Specialist (25B) (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 15, 2019
The work is hard, there is no doubt about it, but if it were easy we wouldn't be necessary. The education benefits alone are unheard of working anywhere else, and it's highly recommended you pursue them.
Drill weekends need some work.
Dental Specialist (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 15, 2019
A lot of drill weekends are spent either standing or sitting around the armory. Yes, there is an agenda for the days spent there, but with the amount of soldiers there are, these tasks get completed fairly quickly. There is also not a whole lot of scheduled time for one to practice his/her MOS either.
Pros
Food is pretty good - not free - but pretty good.
Cons
Not enough MOS practices.
Former Soldier
Former Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 15, 2019
In the National Guard you get what you put in. If you do your research and choose a career field that interests you thenyouwillenjoy most of the time spent there. If you allow someone else to choose it for you you will be miserable. Also If you do just the minimum then youwillonly get the minimum from it. If you UT forth the effort to show your superiors what your made of and take interest in your brothers and sisters standing beside you, you will gain rank rather quickly. You will fail at times. It's what you do after the failure that will really make an impact on how you will be perceived by you teamboth above and below your current level.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, and civilian transferable job skilla
Cons
Pay, location, and slot driven advancement
Guard is a family
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 14, 2019
A close connected family. Job security if you are willing ton sacrifice your time. Great benefits and helps pay for college and college repayment options.
Great Experience
Human Resource Operations Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INMarch 14, 2019
Involved with greatest Army and supporters that anyone could ask for.

While on my tours or weekend drills I constantly dove in to new opportunities as often as I could.
The hardest parts of the military are also some of my biggest accomplishments!
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Away from family for long durations
Competative
Private (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2019
It was alot of work and pushes you past your own limitations. Both physically and mentally challenging. Builds up your willingness to work with others to slove problems.
Im proud to be a part of the Guam army national Guard
92AAutomated logistical specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrigada, GUMarch 14, 2019
The Guam army national guard has made me a better person. It's a great challenge for me every day and it only pushes me to better myself. The Guard showed me that I can be more than what I thought I could ever be.
Pros
Great benefits
Great opportunity
Psychological Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2019
Being a private behavioral health counselor for these military personnel is a great privilege and a challenge. Be visible at all levels of the battalion. Have a open door policy for walk ins.
Food Service
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2019
I worked as a cook for the 32nd military police company. I was a team lead providing service and leadership to keep daily operations to meet the military standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

3.4InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight