Army National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 13,544 reviews matching the search See all 13,797 reviews
Always learning
Senior Nodal Network Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
The National Guard has many benefits, From drilling with your fellow members to traveling across country. From basic training to AIT. You will learn skills that you can take with you into the civilian sector.
Best organization in the world
Unit Training and Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffdale, UTOctober 16, 2018
I loved working full time for the UTARNG, I was very disappointed to leave. For the most part leadership was excellent and helping people is your full time job.
The National Guard
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worland, WYOctober 16, 2018
The National Guard helped me be the person I am today, which resulted in alot of success. But the downfall of this career is that I'm getting honorable discharge because of a paper mishap.
Its the Army
Medic (Health Care Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNOctober 16, 2018
Difficult to balance work and home life sometimes, however the army is all in what you make of it. Benefits are great, pay is fairly good, and i have had good experiences with the people I work with.
Meh
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 16, 2018
The education is unparalleled but everything else including promotion potential within this specific job is extremely difficult. Teaching tasks to people that only use the skill once a month is also an issue, I feel like I've been teaching the same people the same thing for years.
Pros
free certifications
Cons
literally everything else
Great service
92A Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 16, 2018
Joined after high school to feel like I was a part of something greater than myself. I got what I asked for. I still love the unit I was part of even now that I'm retired.
Great team work environment
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCOctober 15, 2018
Great team based environment. Leadership is very knowledgeable in their assigned field to cultivate an environment where others are inspired to hone knew skills.
Pros
Great benefits
Enjoy traveling
Motor Transportation Operator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 15, 2018
Very good for school benefits and health benefits. Good experience with learning about different equipment and most important defend your country. Awesome to be apart of!
Great opportunity
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 15, 2018
The United States Army National Guard is a great place to work. The scheduling is flexible and it opens alot of career opportunities in a lot of different fields.
Great place to be
63B light wheel vehicle mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time in the Mississippi Army National guard. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to better themselves. There is nothing more rewarding than serving.
Not the best yet not the worst
25B Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carville, LAOctober 15, 2018
Very diverse and cultured experience. Leadership is absolutely horrible. Not much flexibility or training on YOUR specific MOS. Please visit your duty station before signing that contract, don't let your recruiter sell you a dream.
Pros
im not dead
Cons
im not dead
Professional Environment
C-Co. & HQ Company, Rank - Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Being part of the US Military is to be part of something bigger than yourself.

You learn more than than you would expect and enjoy a camaraderie that you don't find in many other places.

Regardless of your job or rank, it can be physically demanding so keeping in good health and shape is key.
Great place to serve our state and nation.
State Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 15, 2018
The National Guard is a great way to serve the state and nation. There are many opportunities to learn skills and work with people. The leadership cars about the Soldiers and their families.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Deployments
It was a good time
Founder / Content Creator (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 15, 2018
I build relationships that became family. After 13 years of service, I decided to take a different route. But my biggest strength as a professional where build as a guard member.
Pros
Beneffits
Cons
To political
Productive yet Competitive Enironment
Service Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
The Army National Guard is a productive environment which offers
numerous opportunities. I would recommend anyone looking for structure and a first degree to join the Army National Guard.
Just go active
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Pilot and Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 15, 2018
There is no reason to join the national guard unless you are going for a government job that requires it. just go active duty and save yourself the disappointment.
Pros
free training
Cons
pay
Military
Infantry Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NJOctober 14, 2018
There really isnt much to write here. There are expectations that need to be met. The opportunitieare great and many. You are limited only by yourself.
Collaborative and Contented Routine
Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 14, 2018
A day in the guard is generally a rewarding experience. Good teamwork and opportunity, all you need is time and grade.

Learn something every month or practice what we already know to keep in good form for any potential call to action.

It's a good mix of family and workplace relationships and we generally do our best to get along for the betterment of everyone else.
Great benefits
BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Washington, IAOctober 14, 2018
100% tuition paid for. Tri-care insurance. travel somewhere different every year. Creates pride in yourself and your country. Meet people from a variety of cultures.
Productive Training
Recrute (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 14, 2018
It's mentally challenging for some but it's worth it at the end because if one suffers,we all suffer as a team. Which is when the feeling of teamwork & bondage begins. It really gets you through the day & the instructors are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight