Army National Guard Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 4,252 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
The Army National Guard
With more than 380 years of service, the Army National Guard is the largest reserve component, as well as the oldest branch of the U.S. military. In this branch of the Armed Services, you will serve part-time in your own community, where you can be called upon to respond to domestic emergencies and natural disasters. The Army National Guard also can be called up to defend our nation overseas.
We provide our members with college tuition assistance and offer attractive benefits on top of paid training in all of our career fields, which enhances your marketability in the civilian workforce. The Army National Guard has more than 343,000 members and has career opportunities in every State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Visit our website at nationalguard.com for more information.
You’re seeing all 274 jobs at Army National Guard because we can’t find any available jobs at Army National Guard close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 37.3K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Employees at Army National Guard have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
Enlisting in the Army was a very rewarding experience, I would say. There has been times where it was very challenging but i came out knowing more about myself.
I loved serving the United States of America in the Army National Guard. I served as an Administrative Assistant using the computer to type and file important documents.
You are nit really busy because it is mainly one week in a month type of deal. This work flow is ok for your typical student or everyday worker.
What is the best part of working at the company? Best decision in my life to join the Army / NG What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Basic training and AIT What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Military so its tough no matter state side or overseas What is a typical day like for you at the company? 5 AM run or work out ( PT) then breakfast shower and come back to work in uniform
Job is very political and stressful, too many meetings and many levels of approval required to accomplish anything. Policy changes all the time and often written with open to interpretation meanings. Employer requires 100% commitment no time for family life or education. Promotion system is based to good old boy system instead of talented leadership.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 209 questions about working at Army National Guard. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Army National Guard employees.
Insights from 2.7K Indeed users who have interviewed with Army National Guard within the last 5 years.
Why do you want to serve. What type of jobs are you interested in. Do you have any felonies, etc.
They asked questions about your physical health and your background.
How well do you work under pressure and time constraints.
Thousands of Washington Army National Guard soldiers mobilize at Yakima Training Center(opens in a new window)American Military News
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Army National Guard?Published on May 24, 2021
- Army National Guard