Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 7,173 reviews matching the search See all 7,331 reviews
Typical Military
68W-10 Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 14, 2019
I drill monthly so it isn't exactly horrible, but depending on what we have scheduled and when really affects morale and communication. Due to it being military, I can't exactly go into detail about what we do.
Character building
Blackhawk Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 14, 2019
great place to earn some extra income while accomplishing something worth while. good retirement benefits. only draw back is there are times there is nothing to do during a drill day.
not for everyone
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 14, 2019
the army reserve is not for everyone. If you want to be a soldier go active. The reserve is only for kids that want money for school. It is not enough to live on.
Well I mean it is the Army
Bridge Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 14, 2019
There are many things you can say about the Army as a job. Find something you like to do and stick it out to retirement. For anything else please see your recruiter.
Best job
Spezialist für Chemikalien (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 14, 2019
You learn to be in the military without having to be full time. Great leaders with tons of experience and great team.
Army
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 13, 2019
• Ensured inventories, material control, accounting and supply records are properly maintained.
• Reviewed and verified quantities received against shipping documents and maintain stock locations and administer documents control procedures
Be ready to look out for opportunities
2LT Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 13, 2019
The reserves are what you make out of it. If you sit by and wait out your contract you will be miserable. If you joined for the money then go find another job. This is a job that will make you or break you as in make you a better person by learning what opportunities to take and what not to meaning that if you do not like the place you are in do not blame the army sometimes the unit is jacked up NOT the Army as a whole.
Ar
Human Resources Specialist (42A) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2019
Depends on your unit or station at your location when you start work with the people and what type of position you have to contribute with the organization.
Army Reserves
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 13, 2019
The Reserves have set me up for Life. I do not regret enlisting. If you have good leadership in which most companies do your experience will be outstanding. The only thing I have to complain about is how hard it is to get benefits you are entitled to when you enlist. Other than that I never regret my service to my country.
Army Reserve
Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCJune 11, 2019
Easy job to make an extra $5000.00 per year, maybe more. One week end a month and annual training can be any where for 2 weeks to 30 days. You can also be deployed in a short amount of time. Great Job.
Pros
Free lunch and some flexible hours
Cons
Annual training is any where for 2 weeks - 30 days
Good benefits.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 11, 2019
I have had a 22 year with the United States Army and would recommend this career to anyone looking for stability and resources to good benefits, college education help, etc....
Decent pay
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2019
Good for getting tuition paid and health benefits. I learned a lot about the automated Logistics Specialist role in the army. It helped me move up in the ranks in the workforce.
Relaxed environment
United States Army Reserves (Current Employee) –  Saipan, MPJune 9, 2019
I haven’t been with the unit very long to provide an accurate assessment of my work experience. It’s usually relaxed however there seems to be an issue of miscommunication or misconceptions on a personal level.
Very great and friendly work place
Operations officer (Current Employee) –  Rock Island Arsenal, ILJune 9, 2019
Operations officer of a Brigade element located in Rock Island, I have at least 10 Non commissioned officers that report to me. I work with the training section of the unit and i am also the safety office.
Disciplined military workplace
Healthcare Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 8, 2019
On a typical day at work, I spend the most time maintaining accountability of my 6 soldiers. Training is mandatory to ensure our unit is fully mission capable.
Good Benefits
Cable System Installer, Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2019
The army reserve is a good career path for young adults wanting to go to school. Also helps build a career that can be helpful on the civilian sector.
Rewarding
MORTUARY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Wadsworth, NYJune 7, 2019
I am proud to be part of the Army Reserves. It is an entity which provides ample opportunities for professional and academic growth. Not to mention a reasonable work-life balance.
Good.
12W Carpentry/Masonry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2019
Great job. Fair all around. I enjoy being in the military. It is a great to be around people of so different backgrounds. With that being said I also think that that's the hardest part as well.
Exciting adventure
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 6, 2019
An adventure for anyone willing to go out and get what they want, fun exciting places to see and new and interesting people to meet. I learned so much about my self and others.
Best decision
PFC (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 6, 2019
I enjoy. being apart of the US Army Reserves, The training I received and will continue to receive will continue to help me grow as an individual. It has taken me out of my comfort zone, but I respect myself more for being able to serve.
Pros
Life Training
Cons
Long Commute for Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4