Arnold Transportation Services Employee Reviews

Honestly beware
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 25, 2018
They bring you in treating you like a Star... Then they give you horrible equipment and if you can find a trailer in their yard that don't need repairs it's a miracle but then get it on the road and find out it has leaks or other issues or better yet go searching all over DFW for a trailer because they're trailer pool is Soooo low... Then the office staff... Watch your back!! It's cut throat ! Their all having some kind of affair with a driver both male/females and having baby's but it's no better than the guys in the maintenance shop the women get "special-service" . Their never going to get you home on time request a day in advance. They will always find a deduction to rebill for 2-3mths down road.
Pros
Regional
Cons
Low Pay
Great life work balance for me
Account Manager, Brokerage Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
The Operations Manager is No leader and Horrific "manager"! he locks his door to his Office everyday and does not show interest into his people to see how they can improve and .while that was the hardest part of you're job he controls who can make money on Lanes assigned . please stay away from this company if you can cause even though its is a great change of career, there is zero/little Training and expect you to know everything. they do not care for and cultivate there people to be their Best. they will NOT speak about Commission and Monthly Revenue to have a set goal During Interviewing Process. and. the Office Environment with other co-workers is Great on the sales floor and help each other out when needed.
Arnold Transportation does not offer 401K, No proper Training.Typical day get your computer programs ready and start finding trucks to book by Phone/Email for your loads and maintain communication with all Party's involved. the job can be enjoyable and stressful at the same time. i learned everyday , I know more now then i did the first day however it wasn't due to proper training. Transportation Brokerage/Dispatch is a Great career field.
Pros
working remotely, life work Balance 8-5
Cons
leadership, cultivation, Training, 401K Compensation
office
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 3, 2018
Company sold after 1 year of working at this locaiton Once they sold to US Express those folks came in a proceeded to lay off pretty much the entire staff with either the option to get severance pay or collect unemployment Did not think this was fair or even legal to ask someone to chose like that
Love it!
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 1, 2018
Great place to work for drivers who are tired of over the road. Money is good! took about a week to get it but then it was off to the races! they have a new bonus that gives $150 every week. !!!
Pros
good pay, Good hometime
Cons
N/a
CORPORATE SAFETY DIRECTOR / RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2018
Arnold is a great place. Its a Regional operation which seems to be a bit less stressful. Drivers have more home time . The pay is decent ,the driver facilities are awesome and the equipment is great.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Limited advancement
Driv
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMarch 14, 2018
The company was a good place to work and the management and safety was good to work with. The equipment was very good and up to date and very well maintained.
Pros
Cons
Nothing to complain about.
Uncomfortable Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Unfair and constant ridicule without reprimand by fellow coworkers. Constantly in fear of losing my job and paranoid because of the secrecy among coworkers, including management.
Great place
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2018
It was a great place to work and the people I worked with were great to. I had the opportunity to travel the United States and see I hadn't seen before .It was a great opportunity.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough home time
Not very well ran company
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 20, 2018
They try to keep you out and away from home for longer than 3 weeks, total disregard of the 34 hr rule, to where you can't recover hours, and don't get sick, because even if you have nothing more than a slight fever (100° or less) they'll still send assignments.
Also they'll try to send you to a local clinic, even when you tell them that you don't feel well enough to drive to it, dispatch will suggest you call a cab to get there.
Worked with them for 8 yrs and only slightly got a raise in pay (44cpm to 47cpm) and could only get 4 days of vac time to use, they won't let you take a full week off.
Pros
The travelling
Cons
Overly concerned about driving past 10 hr mark, especially if there's no safe and legal place to park when your drive time has ended.
Laid Back Atmosphere - Really Have to Hustle to make miles.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 19, 2018
To many short trips. You spend more time at the shipper or consignee, than turning wheels and making miles. Its not a good company for an inexperienced driver with a family to make money at. Make sure that your truck has all of its Decals, IFTA Stickers, Tags, etc.... because that tends to get overlooked.
Pros
Laid Back Company
Cons
Short Miles, Low Pay, Short Home Time.
Work close to home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Arnold is a regional carrier that has promised to get their drivers home weekends.miles were fair and at times were encouraged to stay out more than one week.
Pros
Home most weekends, decent miles, good benefits
Cons
may be extended more than 1 -2 weeks out.
Would not share
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
This is a bad place to work. They tell you lies to get you on and once there it changes, I had a bad time there. I wouldn't tell anyone to work there.
consistent and steady work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Drove all over the east coast. Company got me home every weekend and Holiday. I felt they treated me with respect. Was long days driving over the road and a lot of time away from home but was paid fairly for that work.
Pros
Free hats, shirts, reliable work
Cons
Long days, away from home
Worst people to work for.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Was promised I would make 3000 miles a week and only was getting half that many miles. Found out after I left my dispatcher was stealing reimbursements from the drivers. I was evicted from my apartment because I could not make enough miles to pay my bills.
I drove local
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75050January 13, 2018
I drove for the south region, I didn't get a lot of miles but it was a learning experience for me and I enjoy my time when I was there. The training was ok,
Pros
They have benefits
Cons
ask for more miles
Getting to know the road better
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2018
This company give me and chance to learn the roads better. get better with my driving and backing skills. I just didn't like the fact that they never wanted to give me my proper home time.
Average work day
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 7, 2018
The average day of driving is watching out for other traffic and Pedestrians.I learned how to manage space and keep control of the vehicle I learn how to watch lane changes.
Satisfactory work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 27, 2017
Typical work day could be stressful at times, had to have a lot of patience when waiting on loads. Trucks could be better: mid roofs. Time off was decent at times. They did get you home for the holidays like they said they would.
Pros
Time off, holidays off
Cons
Equipment
Worst job ever!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
Management is a joke, retaliation, low wages, harassment and the culture is disrespectful. Management knows and allows this to happen. DONT GO THERE!
Pros
Cons
Low wages, management is a joke, disrespectful culture, no room for advancement.
Another chance to see the country
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 26, 2017
Great company with lots of routes available, so there's money to be made. Great way to see the country and make some money for your family. Takes you away from home, but great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnold Transportation Services. Our community is ready to answer.