Array

Working at Array: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Typical startup; management in disarray (no pun intended)

The people I worked with are nice, and highly competent. However, there is still kind of a "mean girls/in crowd" atmosphere there ... if you aren't sitting with the cool kids in the cafeteria, you aren't long for this world.Processes are ill-defined. Upper management has not learned how to delegate effectively; projects are often interrupted because the CEO has whim and wants some kind of data for something.Compensation and benefits are spectacular, but the work is often random and disorganized. Decisions are often made without involving all stakeholders. Tasks are assigned haphazardly, and deadlines regularly change with no notice or consideration as to their achievability.In summation, this is a company that has grown beyond the "three guys in a basement putting together a startup" phase, but is still trying to operate using that model. This creates an atmosphere of constant worry and stress, since critical business decisions appear to be based on whether or not someone in the C-suite has had their coffee or not.

You can do better

Array is a startup that preaches a good mission but practices the opposite within their own company. They offer little pay and exploit what they can out of their employees and lay off the ones who raise concern. They also find it acceptable for employees to cry and lash out at work but not to ask about compensation or how it’s structured.

Benefits

Cons

Bad management, lack of transparency in pay, no room for growth, coddles bad favorite employees instead of reprimanding

Array insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Stay away from MSPs

For the MSP business idea to work efficiently one has to put too much strain on an individual tech to pump out solutions to complicated problems rather quickly due to the fast paced environments and many clients msps usually have. If you are starting out in IT please stay away from MSPs.

Not a pleasant place

I have worked here for a decent amount of time now and have noticed a consistent unprofessional quality to the work environment. This often involves open belittling of employees. This has fostered an uneasy culture where you never know if you will be the next target. I know of multiple people who are unhappy and are looking to leave. All I have to say is that if you need to ask employees to leave good reviews on the internet to boost your image, then there are definitely some internal issues going on. Applicants should beware

Benefits

Cons

Unprofessional management

Lack of Advancement

Was promised several thing during my interview and got the run around for over six months. Went through 4 managers during this time. The HR department is not for the employees. CompTime is not fully honored, I worked 72 hrs and they said I could only use 32 of them. Not a friendly atmosphere, no set training, no management support. Best way I can explain the mode of this company... it works on the old boys company!!

Pros

Cons

Empty promises

Good teamwork

Busy workday. Learned O365. I had two managers that were under a lot of pressure. The team was great. I was under-trained. I enjoyed the teamwork.

Pros

Workplace support

Cons

Lack of training

Awful employer

Upper management cannot get their head out of their butt long enough to give lower management the ability to actually run the company. Inundated with bad HR policy and bad management policy, lower brass gets some slack and as soon as things don't go north the upper management snaps out of it and reel in any ability or power they previously delegated.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Leadership

A good consulting company

I will preface this by saying I would still be working with this firm if not for the Covid-19 related economic slowdown and I was happy there. The work environment is very relaxed with a generous work from home allowance depending on position at the company and a focus on results and client satisfaction over process and traditional approaches. Associates within the company are actively encouraged to approach problems in new ways. The development of new tech or ideas is more readily explored than any other consulting firm I have ever worked for. The management chain had a very good feel for when they needed to lean and when they needed to keep "hands off" the process, which lead to a very agile business process.

Pros

Time off, work from home, competitive salary

Cons

Health benefits more expensive than most, very fast paced

Friendly, Fun and Talented Environment

The place felt very family oriented and offered a host of products for their customers. Arraya extremely values their customers and goes above and beyond to provide exceptional service and support. The company holds a host of exciting events for both customers and employees and they put a lot of creativity and planning into ensuring the events are relaxing, educational and fun.

Small but Growing Boutique Tech Consulting Group

Product sales focused organization looking to break into tech/management consulting services. Growing company with normal associated challenges. Flat organization with some great people. Easy to influence change and innovate with persistence.

Contractor

I worked as a Contractor for Arraya Solutions on site for a client. They treated me with respect and are very good company to work for, I would recommend them to anyone.

Wonderful mission driven, inclusive, creative working environment

The staff at Array are wonderful. Helping to amplify women and filmmakers of color has been truly rewarding. We are all truly working towards a systemic change in the entertainment industry that values diverse voices and experiences and demonstrates with each film campaign that there is a hungry audience for stories of all kinds.

Temp Job

Some of the managers were not professional. If you dislike foul language and bad tempers. This probably isn't the place for you. But if you are like me and able to adjust to any environment. its a fine place to work.

Pros

Good hard work

Cons

unprofessional

fast paced

Its an assembly job with no real requirements to get the job other than simply just wanting to work. Low wages bad supervision and poor morale wasnt the job for me.

Small privately owned company; if the clients like you then you're golden.

Still maturing as a delivery company and struggling with creating standards and processes which work across the enterprise. Revenue stream is very good.

Educational

This was my first job out of school, very educational in the aspect of welding and hanging products for preparation of painting.

Great training experience.

I was given the opportunity to receive exceptional training in becoming a medical billing representative. The job includes working at fast pace from beginning to the end of the day, which I enjoy. Although, the work load given and processes required while working files, is not properly compensated. There is little to no advancement, including those who have been there over year and have received awards for their performance.

Pros

Opportunities to win small gifts or dress down days via good work done

Cons

Little to no available time off

Common questions about Array

Answered by current and former employees at Array

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Array. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
5.0Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
5.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Array with

Learn about Array in popular locations

• Array
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?