Arris Group Employee Reviews

Unmotivating
Design Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 28, 2018
You have to prove your self for 6 months before your promoted. You don't know how much you will be promoted to. When six months are done, you have to approach management about your raise.
Pros
Cons
Poor salary
Good place to work for
Senior Installation, Deployment, Support, Tester (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 22, 2018
Allowed to work from home, relaxed atmosphere when in office. Management was good. Job got boring after being in same position. Not much on the job training.
Benefits
Cons
Job security
Fun people to work with
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2018
Flexible hrs
Walking distance to allot if restaurants for lunch options
Free snacks
Easy to get to
If you like working overtime then this is the place for you
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Challenging work with good people
SR ENGINEERING PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 20, 2018
Found this company to be an exciting place to work with many challenges to keep you busy. Everyone from any department was always friendly and willing to help with a problem.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Reduction in Force occurs about every 2 years
Good Management, Excellent Products, Learned a lot.
Senior QA Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
Best place I have ever worked, I which I could stay. Very sad about the move by the company to relocate our group to Georgia. I learned many different aspects of R&D. Management has open door policy can't beat the flextime, 401k, stock purchases at discount. PTO policy awesome.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Can't think of any
Very Stable Work but......
Lead Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Over my 20+ years of working for Arris, I did enjoy my time. The other employees provided a fun work environment where many tasks were achieved and accomplished. My only regret is that I wish I could have spent more time here.
Pros
People, Relationships, Comradery
Cons
A great company to work but with growing pains
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2018
I worked at ARRIS as part of the Pace team that merged in 2016. Pace and ARRIS had very similar product lines and working cultures, but the business strategy was not followed as the customers were constantly improving their lines and processes. There was a good relationship between manager-staff and the working environment was very pleasant. But there was also a lack of vision for new products and innovation that was part of the growth pain of ARRIS. While ARRIS was acquiring new companies, other internal teams were not having the same assistance as before and the lack of strategy was visible along the years.
Although, the daily work was very good and work-life balance was manageable. The managers were reasonable. But the opportunities were only good for the ones working on the big regional offices. The small offices that were serving the customers were often forgotten by the HR as last priority.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, work-balance, management
Cons
lack of vision and strategy
paid the bills
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 19, 2018
Worked with outstanding people. Learned a lot. Lacked leadership and management focus. Old product lines. Cheap when it came to pay and getting engineers the tools they needed to get the job done.
The ECO software team was outstanding
UI Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
I worked on the software team for the ECO products. The manager is perfect. The team was fun, hard working and knowledgeable.

The office decor was lacking, but that was my only complaint.
Pros
Coworkers, Boss, projects
Cons
Office aesthetics and perks
n/a
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 12, 2018
Job work/life balance poor
Benefits very good
Management fair.
Culture is middle of road. Many people work remote so human contact limited on some days.
Hardest part of the day is the 10-12 hour day and work on weekend.
Most enjoyable is 13th hour.
A mediocre company
Senior Broadband Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 11, 2018
Too many layers of management, many of whom have extensive tenure and/or come from large houses (IBM, Tektronix, etc.) Revenue streams are insufficiently broad in some business units. Little chance to work on cutting edge technology. Employee input not valued. Very far removed from a startup environment.
Fun Place to work at with free beverages and a gym on site
Senior Repair Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 18, 2018
Arris had more phone meetings that I had been involved with before witha minimum of for phone or web ex meetings Monday through Thursday, as Friday I only had one phone or web ex meeting.
Pros
Free beverages and gym on-site
Cons
short breaks
Short review
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
It was an awkward pace to the work.
The employees were very nice and helpful.
The work was challenging.
There was opportunity to learn different technologies.
Pros
Multiple locations
Senior IT Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 5, 2018
This is the first job/company I have worked for where I actually love what I do and the people I work with and for. They aim to keep employees informed of everything. I've had so many opportunities for training in other areas to make myself more marketable and prepare me for advancement. I love that everyone is celebrated and my coworkers feel like family.
very stressful place to work
AT&T U-verse Escalated Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2018
while some of the people there were really nice, the stress of having to meet their ever changing demands, coupled with the often ridiculous customer demands, and a relative lack of job security and advancement opportunity, it was overall a job that i wouldn't have quit unless a better opportunity came along, but that was taken out of my hands when suddenly the branch i worked at was shut down.
sexist, racist company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2018
Arris acquired a company with a tenth the employees which created superior products.

They downsized the superior company.

Every female engineer lost her job.

Every engineer of Haitian descent lost their job.

This is a company which cares about it's old boy network, rather than its investors.

If you're a white male engineer who prefers to work in a homogenous, white male environment, go ahead and give Arris a try.
Pros
maybe they won't purchase the company you where you work
Cons
racism, sexism
Arris is a tiny company
Project Manager / PMO (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 6, 2018
They think they are smart , but still a tiny company, They try to do Mergers and Acquisitions to become larger, but deep at heart they are a tiny company, wit not a lot of taalen.
Account representative
Temp Position through Kelly services (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 19, 2018
It wasn't the best company to work for but it paid the bills. I have had a better experience at other companies. With equal opportunity and team work environment. Management was not very approachable poor communication.
Pros
temp position
Cons
temp position with no room for hire
Growth focused
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 6, 2018
ARRIS Group, Inc. provides telecommunication products and services. The Company offers video processing, broadband delivery, access networking, and video devices. ARRIS Group serves cable, telecom, satellite, broadcasters, and other industries worldwide.
Great place to work, great managment
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 19, 2018
I loved working for this company, and enjoyed my Managment! I strongly suggest this company! I was a contractor so I did not receive benefits, but if directly hired you will.
Pros
Compensation, Managment
Cons
100% travel, didn’t qualify for benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arris Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss