Arris Group Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Creative Marketing Manager/Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 19, 2019
One of the best places to work in the technology industry. Upper Management cares about each person and their career path. Willing to help in any direction.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Marketing Team Downsizing
A great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 8, 2019
Loved my time with Arris. Arris provided me the opportunity to hone my skills. I left knowing that I was a better A/P specialist than when I started. The management was awesome.
Call Center
Technical Support/ S.O.S (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 31, 2019
I made alot of friends at the call center that I worked at and everyone always had advancement opportunity. We were out sourced and lost our jobs but Arris did help people get other jobs in the mean time.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not there anymore
Great people great culture
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for, there is room for improvement. I have been expanding my horizons in the blockchain space and there were no immediate opportunities but still great company and great people
Arris
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2019
This company seems ok - i haven't been here long but the benefits are good. They DID just get bought out recently by Commscope though - not sure yet how that will impact everything.
Nice and friendly place to work at. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Lead H/W Technician (Former Employee) –  6450 SEQUENCE DR, San Diego, Ca 92121January 6, 2019
Very relaxed atmosphere , not much stress unless there is a project to be completed at a certain time. But very nice place to workat. Wish I was not laid off due to reduction in force due to their acquisitions of smaller companies in the same field which led to axing the repetitive work and hiring new college students at a far lower wages and removing workers with much more experience. Also Demand for H/W was plummeting and cost was not keeping up with sales.
Pros
Excellent job environment
Cons
No advancement /
Nice place
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 30, 2018
Nice company to work for and the office associates were very kind and helpful. On the floor management leaned more toward those they liked for advancement.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
lay offs
Arris Group has quiet working conditions
Staff Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 7, 2018
Excellent company to work. ARRIS is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. ARRIS has continually worked with the customers to transform the experience of entertainment and communications for millions of people across the world.
Learned alot in the cable industry
Customer Service Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 21, 2018
Very good company to work for. I learned alot. Offered training in products. This job got me in the the door for cable and satellite also telephony . Benefits are good. They treat there employees good.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Big company lots of moving parts but highly competitive
RF/DOCSIS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 8, 2018
A normal day consists of week to week travel visiting customers all over the country. Lots of travel! Big company with lots of room to grow. There is a position for every person no matter the background.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Competitive
Good company to work for
Senior Quality Professional, Quality Tools (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 26, 2018
Good company to work for.
Good salaries,
Would recommend others to work for ARRIS.
Attempting to integrate all of the M/A into a single sets of method and processes
Pros
Allows employees to telecommute
Fun and comfortable to work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 12, 2018
Set up station and testing product.Learn NPI every time work with engineer .workplace very nice and clean, so much fun to work with every people in compay
Unmotivating
Design Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 28, 2018
You have to prove your self for 6 months before your promoted. You don't know how much you will be promoted to. When six months are done, you have to approach management about your raise.
Pros
Cons
Poor salary
Good place to work for
Senior Installation, Deployment, Support, Tester (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 22, 2018
Allowed to work from home, relaxed atmosphere when in office. Management was good. Job got boring after being in same position. Not much on the job training.
Benefits
Cons
Job security
Fun people to work with
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2018
Flexible hrs
Walking distance to allot if restaurants for lunch options
Free snacks
Easy to get to
If you like working overtime then this is the place for you
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Challenging work with good people
SR ENGINEERING PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 20, 2018
Found this company to be an exciting place to work with many challenges to keep you busy. Everyone from any department was always friendly and willing to help with a problem.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Reduction in Force occurs about every 2 years
Good Management, Excellent Products, Learned a lot.
Senior QA Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
Best place I have ever worked, I which I could stay. Very sad about the move by the company to relocate our group to Georgia. I learned many different aspects of R&D. Management has open door policy can't beat the flextime, 401k, stock purchases at discount. PTO policy awesome.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Can't think of any
Very Stable Work but......
Lead Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Over my 20+ years of working for Arris, I did enjoy my time. The other employees provided a fun work environment where many tasks were achieved and accomplished. My only regret is that I wish I could have spent more time here.
Pros
People, Relationships, Comradery
Cons
A great company to work but with growing pains
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2018
I worked at ARRIS as part of the Pace team that merged in 2016. Pace and ARRIS had very similar product lines and working cultures, but the business strategy was not followed as the customers were constantly improving their lines and processes. There was a good relationship between manager-staff and the working environment was very pleasant. But there was also a lack of vision for new products and innovation that was part of the growth pain of ARRIS. While ARRIS was acquiring new companies, other internal teams were not having the same assistance as before and the lack of strategy was visible along the years.
Although, the daily work was very good and work-life balance was manageable. The managers were reasonable. But the opportunities were only good for the ones working on the big regional offices. The small offices that were serving the customers were often forgotten by the HR as last priority.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, work-balance, management
Cons
lack of vision and strategy
paid the bills
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 19, 2018
Worked with outstanding people. Learned a lot. Lacked leadership and management focus. Old product lines. Cheap when it came to pay and getting engineers the tools they needed to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arris Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss