Arris Group Employee Reviews

Senior IT Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 5, 2018
This is the first job/company I have worked for where I actually love what I do and the people I work with and for. They aim to keep employees informed of everything. I've had so many opportunities for training in other areas to make myself more marketable and prepare me for advancement. I love that everyone is celebrated and my coworkers feel like family.
very stressful place to work
AT&T U-verse Escalated Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2018
while some of the people there were really nice, the stress of having to meet their ever changing demands, coupled with the often ridiculous customer demands, and a relative lack of job security and advancement opportunity, it was overall a job that i wouldn't have quit unless a better opportunity came along, but that was taken out of my hands when suddenly the branch i worked at was shut down.
sexist, racist company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2018
Arris acquired a company with a tenth the employees which created superior products.

They downsized the superior company.

Every female engineer lost her job.

Every engineer of Haitian descent lost their job.

This is a company which cares about it's old boy network, rather than its investors.

If you're a white male engineer who prefers to work in a homogenous, white male environment, go ahead and give Arris a try.
Pros
maybe they won't purchase the company you where you work
Cons
racism, sexism
Arris is a tiny company
Project Manager / PMO (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 6, 2018
They think they are smart , but still a tiny company, They try to do Mergers and Acquisitions to become larger, but deep at heart they are a tiny company, wit not a lot of taalen.
Account representative
Temp Position through Kelly services (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 19, 2018
It wasn't the best company to work for but it paid the bills. I have had a better experience at other companies. With equal opportunity and team work environment. Management was not very approachable poor communication.
Pros
temp position
Cons
temp position with no room for hire
Growth focused
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 6, 2018
ARRIS Group, Inc. provides telecommunication products and services. The Company offers video processing, broadband delivery, access networking, and video devices. ARRIS Group serves cable, telecom, satellite, broadcasters, and other industries worldwide.
Great place to work, great managment
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 19, 2018
I loved working for this company, and enjoyed my Managment! I strongly suggest this company! I was a contractor so I did not receive benefits, but if directly hired you will.
Pros
Compensation, Managment
Cons
100% travel, didn’t qualify for benefits
Great work place enviornment, amazing management
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 14, 2018
This is a great company with amazing management! I loved working for them, and they mad sure I felt appreciated! If you are a hard worker, and love to travel for work this is a great job. I would highly recommend this company everytime!
Pros
Amazing management, competative pay, great enviornment
Cons
Traveling can have a toll on the family
Great Place, great people good company
Java/ J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2018
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Not a bad company to work for
Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2018
In my time with Arris, I found that putting an ample amount of time in meant having a good amount of opportunities open. I had been able to advance to leadership in the company after working there for 6 years.
Pros
Gave its employees a good chance to sharpen relevant skills and get promoted
Cons
The internal hiring system for promotions was a point system, based on key words rather than a critical assessment of the candidate's ability to do the job
Good way to get into the IT Field
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 23, 2018
Had a great experience working for this company. It made me see what kind of professional field I wanted to get into in the future. It was a difficult task but they were there to help me.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with everybody at Arris. The cable industry is changing so there will be bumps along the way as some product lines end and others begin. It is a different era in the cable TV industry and people need to adjust.
Pros
Great management, good compensation
Cons
Declining industry
Never again
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 3, 2018
Worked for a group in north Atlanta that was bought by Antec which through a Nortel joint venture created Arris. Took about 6 months to realize that it was Nortel but worse. Offered and accepted a job in Massachusetts that after a convoluted course (and over a dozen years) ended up being in the clutches of Arris. Arris bought the company, and mined it for income from licensing, and SW. Subsequently, some employees trained folks in Tijuana, and other locales, to take over their jobs, and the group was dissolved.
How should a hard working group of conscientious people feel about that?
Before the Pace deal Arris at least did profit sharing, and other compensation that helped offset the exsanguination of the workforce. My understanding is that now they offer fewer financial incentives to a smaller workforce with more expected from that workforce.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Investors and quarterly bonuses before customers and product.
Great place to work / Need more emphasis in Staff Development
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable was the team i worked with.... Great people
Worst part was the commute. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement and there was little interaction with executives.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Commute
Laid back and flexible with employees.
Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Very laid back place. Management does not micro manage as long as work is being completed in a timely manner. Hardest part of the job is the training when you first start. There is no set training for the job. You rely on shadowing others and everyone does the job differently. The culture is very mellow with everyone getting along and bonding at times with different events.
stressful
CMTS Tech (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Toxic work environment. Its like high school but with grown men. If you want to stress yourself out with impossible projects look no further than this job.
The contract was lost no longer able to work here.
Technical Support / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Call center helping with tech support and customer service for AT&T u-verse. In-bound phone calls. Was a decent place for work and fast paced. The contract was lost no longer able to work here.
My review for ARRIS
Accountant (Contractor-Temp) (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Arris is very laid back but fast pace diversified company. Training was very informative and management was easy to work with on new processes and recommendations
Pros
work from home options
Cons
salary was a little on the low side
Loyal to employees
Senior Manager, Engineering (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 13, 2018
Value given to employees, constant change with acquisitions. Primarily a hardware company. Global company, have chance to work with folks in various parts of the world.
Decent place to work
Tool and Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 28, 2017
I have spent 6 months at Arris completing a coop. I believe that the work environment was nice, and the employees were pretty also nice. The managers were pretty receptive to input from there subordinates. My co workers were also very patient and helpful.
Pros
Gym on campus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arris Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.