Arrow Child and Family Ministries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to be
Residential Counselor/Receptionist CSS (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79118May 1, 2018
Loved the company, Loved the kids

You'll love working and getting to know how to interact and help each of the kids cope differently. It's a blessing

You'll fall in love working with all the kiddos haha, it can be stressful at times, but always worth it in the end. You get to see all the changes the kids make. That makes it worth it.
Pros
Cons
it can be stressful at times, but always worth it in the end
Nice Place to Work
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 30, 2018
Nice place to work, very good culture. You will definitely grow professionally and spiritually here. This is a place you feel good about coming to and you know your work means something.
Pros
Free lunch, prayer call, open door policy
Cons
compensation is kinda low but its non profit so thats expected
Arrow is a great place
Foster Parent Recruiter/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Arrow is a great place to work, however the nature of the work is very stressful and workers must come in with a good work ethic and ready to learn. Social workers must be ready to be independent.
Good experience.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 11, 2018
This will definitely thicken your skin. It is a fast-paced job that does not have a predictable work day; which is a great experience and is extremely rewarding. Be sure that you make time to self-care!
Pros
Experience working with DMST survivors, benefits, security of facility
Cons
Compassion fatigue
You work with and for good people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 30, 2017
I have been an employee at Arrow for over seven years, first as a caseworker, and currently as a supervisor. We may not be the biggest agency on the block, but we do good work and attract the best quality people to help us (foster parents included). It's stressful, it has it's late nights, and it's wins & losses, but we never lose sight that the work we do is for the best interest of the kids in the community we help.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons
When you need to work after 5pm
You will never find a more family-like atmosphere
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 10, 2017
Arrow is a large umbrella company that has three schools. I work for one small school in which the principal ensures that his staff know that they are of value to not only the students but to school as a whole. Innovation and change can be scary for some people but when fresh eyes are allowed into roles that were previously held by stagnant employees, we see the full potential of Arrow being met.
Pros
Friendship, connecting with families, true strength
Cons
limited funds, stressful job
Family, Faith-filled environment
Therapeutic Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2017
Below average school/residential environment, but learning is always promoted. Loving environment between staff and students/residents. More continuity needed between the school and the residential settings.
Pros
faith-based environment, transparent, flexible
Cons
high turnover, limited support staff, limited resources
It was always something that kept the job fun and loveable
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2017
Great work environment over the years I was able to grow and learn as person and employee. My peers were able to take in the things that I was taught overall great experience.
Pros
Eating with the residents was cool
Cons
Never knew how your day would be but that's the pros and cons of working with children.
Busy, fast-paced environment
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Arrow Child and Family Ministries requires a person who is dedicated to improving the lives of children. Because the students are active and unpredictable, any given day of work is also active and unpredictable. But, the level of support coupled with the strong and committed staff members make Arrow a great place to work.
Pros
benefits available, overtime available, excellent support
Cons
hard work, 12-month position
Not having the right support fo staff
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 13, 2017
This is an emergency shelter for children a place for children that are removed from their home. Staff wise they were always short handed,you did not get a break,could not leave the campus,the director did not help staff out during emergencies
Cons
No breaks at all short staff
The hardest part of the job
physician offices, and court authorities (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 29, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the location, management was very poor without conclusive job skills. The overall moral of the team was poor. The level of work and rate of pay wasn't sufficient for the amount of work that was required.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Poor Management
Work ethic hours compensation
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 5, 2017
Long hours, a lot of travel, mounds of paperwork, no support from management, unethical. Company is only concerned about the numbers ie: placing children in foster homes that are not a good fit. The case manager turnover is high. Average length of time working with the agency is 6 months. Loved working with the foster children and families!!!
Pros
Working with the foster children
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
New Direction of Company wasn't a good fit for me
Residential Counselor and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 13, 2017
With new management and direction of the company, it is in rebuilding stages. I no longer could work to my best abilities at the job. I also was underpaid and refused wage increases to be brought to where all the other hourly employees were at.
Pros
Good work hours and days
Cons
chaotic and stressful
Love the children put not the program as much
Residental Counselor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 23, 2017
It is always great working with children in need, being the light for youth. Leadership was not as supportive or helpful with the program making it hard to keep the passion to being successful.
Pros
Helping kids is very rewarding
Cons
leadership taking advantage of postions
Therapist
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 6, 2017
Arrow has a clear mission and employees that work hard to meet the goal of the mission. Their service is valuable and Arrow supports their employees.
A place with potential, slowly being realized
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  TANGRAMMarch 2, 2017
Tangram is an amazing program where we see so many successes daily that it keeps us on our toes. It is true that we have had (in the past) a huge turn over rate, but this only looks bad because we are so small. This turnover has, also, drastically decreased over the past year. Each of the staff members are there for the children 100% and are there for each other as well...you know the term "work family", we'll that exists to a tee.
Administration, though it's had its rough patches, has started to straighten itself out and has become solidified. The staff that have been at Tangram for longer than 1 year, not many but they are the good ones, are very knowledgeable and always jump up to help, when needed. They are always willing to go that extra mile to help you understand something and even do other things outside of their job descriptions!
I haven't been at Tangram long, but I am finding it to be a great place to work.
Pros
Knowledgable staff, mentor program, training program
Cons
No lunch break, can be overhelming when new
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2017
Really enjoyed working as a team assisting youth in need. Did not like the hostile environment at times but there was support.
Fairmeadows Bel air
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Bel air MDFebruary 16, 2017
For the money that tge public education system pays for each student, over $75,000 per child per year you would think that this organization would be a quality one. Students are not taught properly, behaviorally assessed properly nor given self contained classroom education like they need. All students are emotionally disturbed at Arrow and their mission is helping children strengthening families which is a farce. Students act like they run the school with the new principal. She has little control over the situation. Employees who are dedicated are not appreciated and underpaid. Many employees love the students and are criticized for it. Harford county public schools needs to stop sending students there until the management gets adequate people running the school.
Pros
Free lunch for staff
Cons
Low pay, long hours, under appreciated

Comment – January 4, 2018

Long hours, a lot of travel, mounds of paperwork, no support from management, unethical. Company is only concerned about the numbers for money. What a shame for the students that get stuck here.

Fun Place to work has basketball court
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2017
For years I've worked for the company and I enjoyed coming to work, as the times and residents changed safety became an issue in the work place egos became bigger and overall enjoyment was loosed.

Love for the company and some worker still exist to this day.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
It was my time to move on.
Move on!
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2017
There is no structure or organization here. Employees walk around grabbing each others back side, smacking each others back side along with other inappropriate contact. The head just sits there and watches. Only real cleaning is when the health department is scheduled to come in. The administration will tell you to do things one way, then reprimand you for doing it the next day. Way too much stress. There is a complete lack of respect for the staff. I wouldn't want anyone I know to work here.
Pros
Cons
Work on lunch break. You do all the work and the teacher foes nothing.