Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Innovative/Autonomy
Senior Quality Manager III, Global Quality (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 20, 2018
Good place to learn, train, and interface with multiple disciplines. Very inclusive culture; very fast pace environment that demands mufti-tasking and strong management/leadership skills
Ok to gain experience
Logistics Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  NVMay 17, 2018
decent pay, benefits could be much better especially the insurance packages they offer. work life balance is getting a bit better but still needs a lot more work. Management needs work with communication and professionalism.
Pros
decent pay, time off package.
Cons
work life balance, upper management, insurance packages
Average working environment
Senior Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2018
Arrow is a large corporation and provides an average working environment with competitive benefits and adequate salary. Corporate controlled functions are distant and slow to respond with meetings taking up most of the day. The work/life balance is questionable and training (apart from the basic tasks associated with production) is limited to what the employees takes on outside of work. Arrow is no better or no worse than most of the large companies operating in the area.
Pros
Flexible schedule for salary employees
Cons
Only average healthcare benefits
High stress but good co-workers and managers
Material Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 10, 2018
The job/workload got increasingly stressful as turnover became an issue. The managers and co-workers were nice and it was a very collaborative environment.
Productive and fun, but needs a better pay rate.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2018
Productive and fun, but needs a better pay rate. The entire time i worked there i did not receive the pay that i deserved. Overall the company needs to adjust and work on the pay rate that they provide.
Good
Sales Support Quote Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 6, 2018
Good company to work for. it was my first job.
Provided inside Sales Support for an Electronics Distributor.  Supported Northrop Grumman Sales Team in contract administration; assisted team in fulfilling its contracts on time and on budget. Maintained contract administration database using a proprietary system.
Waste of time
EAD Computer technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 5, 2018
The work there is monotonous. It reminded me of high school. Supervisors and leads can ask you to non essential tasks and then ding you at the end of the day because you didn't have enough time to hit your quota. Working through a temp agency made it easy for them to let me go, but the lead was too afraid to tell me that they were letting me go. He simply said the temp agency needed to talk to me that day with no explanation as to why, and the temp agency then had to find find out when I called the reason for me to call them. A temp employee isn't treated the same as a full time employee, so I do not know if it would have been any better as a full time employee.
Pros
Some people are nice to work with
Cons
Work environment
Great work environment
HR Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Collaborative work environment. Flexible work schedules. Nice, bright and newer workspace. Good compensation. Leadership tends to have to be hands-on. Lots of leadership churn.
Pros
Great Compensation, collaborative work environment, good work-life balance
Cons
Seems reactive rather than proactive. Has difficulty retaining top talent.
Treated like a person and encouraged for success
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2018
At Arrow Electronics most are treated well and always encouraged for success for themselves and the company. It always depends on your direct manager, however typically work life balance is good with little work after hours and time to go to the doctors during the day.
good place to work
Electronics Asset Disposition Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna,Ga.May 2, 2018
It was a good place to work and the work was not that difficult and the atmosphere was relaxed. My coworker were the best and management was helpful, I would likely still be there if the company didn't relocate the jobs.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
working long hours at times
One way to no where
Product Manager/Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 1, 2018
Don't even bother. Employees from Denver are rude, nasty and arrogant. This company does not care about anyone. Lucky to last a year here. Even the higher management left.
Pros
Learn the military sales
Cons
Benefits are horrible. Constant employee rotation
Great people... But moving out of state
Production Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 26, 2018
Arrow was a great place to work. I was hired for a short term contract, They are moving from Long Island ( where I live ) to Colorado . We worked 12 hr. shifts 3 days a week. Was a great Team effort. Management was fair and always tried to do the right thing by us. Would have loved to work for them until the end of my career.
Pros
Great managment and team culture
Cons
Leaving the state
Hard enviroment to work in
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2018
Many long time employees made it difficult to be accepted creating a style environment to work in. Overall company was great to work for, allowed me to be creative and help develop new work process. Job security was dependent on contracts for new jobs awarded to the company. Benefits and pay were average.
This is a entry level or "hood job"
logistics Specialist-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHApril 26, 2018
I worked here and was surprised at how low the morale was. Staff not really working but standing around and talking for long periods of time. Don't get me wrong. There are those who do bust their butts, there. But it is not a large number, unless you happen to be working on another team.. There's also lots of back biting and gossiping, so if you saw this in the others' reviews, it is very true. The attendance policy is only enforced if they don't like you. They say it is strictly enforced, I say not true.. I witnessed with my own eyes staff leaving early to go on dates, supposedly sick, or don't come in at all due to hangovers..They later joke about it on the floor the next day. One guy rarely is there, and when he does show up, he leaves early when he doesn't seem to feel good. This seems to be a regular thing, yet he is still there, lol..I have seen him maybe 65% of the time..Maybe 70 tops since I have been there. How low is the morale? How about a trainer whose been fired an excess of four times, yet keeps getting hired back because of her lawyer? Or the fact that when temps are sent here, hardly no one ever comes back? I mean don't even last 24 hrs! Or the fact that, Arrow Electronics can't seem to keep Supervisors. .The folks who are still there are individuals that should have been fired ages ago. And the things they talk about on the floor will make your hair stand-up, especially if you are a lady..But these guys are all cool with management, so nothing to worry about..There are two very good workers there, well three..An not one of them received any award, no thanks  more... yous, no anythings. Instead one in particular, they try their best to get him fired..And these guys are truly an asset!

Arrow seems to reward the favorites. And boy is it worth it because the food is good, and extended breaks are awesome..The pool table is a nice touch..There's even a arcade machine here..Well, from one of the closed locations of course.. After your nice meal, and awesome break, you're back on the floor with the same lazy people, standing around all night talking super loud while you struggle to get your work done. Sort of like working at Dollar Tree, I think. They advertise overtime, but it is not possible due to Arrow being in the slow season and customer complaints. They already closed 3 locations already this year.

Here's the short of it, come here if you want to get your feet wet in the IT field or Productions. Depending on who is still there or who is training you, you will either learn a lot or learn nothing at all. Apply here if you are in between jobs. And yes, the pay is good..Well for the type of job it is..Get your forklift experience here,too.. They are always hiring and even a mule can get in...Especially if you know how to play the game here..Get in good with the right people, you will honestly get hired, they'll see to it.. Once you're in, attendance or whatever you do will never be an issue..Job security, you will have. However, if you are one of those "professionals" out there looking for advancements, promotions, or any other real professional accolades, you're truly wasting your time. You're not going to retire with that nice gold watch..l spend your time fighting with egos and never getting anything done. You will either end up quitting(like I did) or getting fired for "attendance" issues, lol...So there you have it..The cut and dry about working at good ole Arrow Electronics. I was asked for a honest review, so here it is.
Pros
Good food, decent pay, understanding supervisor when she is in a good mood.
Cons
Management, management, and management, lol The morale is just awful here.
Closed
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 25, 2018
Arrow electronics bought out what was originally TechTurn and ended up closing it down shortly after,thus leaving everyone scrambling to find a new job
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no job
Very Productive
Expediter & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 24, 2018
Managed receiving, and Quality Control to effectivly process and prepare orders of electronic componets for shipment on a timely basis. Expedited orders for customers and sales team.
I learned all facits of electronic componets handeling, warehousing, distribution, and quality control.
Work was face pased and co-workers were great to work with as a team. This job taught me how to excel on my own as a self starter.
Pros
Good working enviroment and people
Cons
Branch shut dowen.
Fast Paced, Learned A Lot
ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
I came in with an acquisition of my previous company. I found the management at Arrow to be very supportive, agile and informative.

There's a strong emphasis on talent development, especially at the lowest levels of the company.
Pros
Lots to learn, supportive management, talented people will standout and advance
Cons
long hours, sales cycle driven by quarterly wall street reports
Great Place to Work
Sales and Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2018
Benefits were great, vacation was great and people and management were great also. Competitive, intense, long hours but gratifying helping the customers and booking large orders.
Good starting job in the technology field.
Production Technician II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
Overall the job security is good and the work environment is fairly relaxed. My work hours are always consistent and I receive my paycheck every week. Employee recognition is poor and the same is true for incentives. Advancement opportunities are rare and it's more difficult to progress if you are on the bottom.
Pros
Ok benefits, weekends off, relaxed work environment, stable employment
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, incentives, and recognition
Not to bad
EAD Technician I/ Hard Drive Lead (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 19, 2018
the job is cool but not for long term. its in a wharehouse so some days it hot and some days it gets really cold. But most of the time as you work you don't noticed most things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight