Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fortune 500 Company
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2018
Arrow Electronics is a Fortune 500 Company, as such they encompass the typical negative outcomes of “Corporate America”. You are a number. Decisions are made by upper management, who have no clue what the outcomes will be when implemented to lower levels. The company has 24 Billion in revenue; yet raises are small (if any) and holiday parties are a thing of the past. There is no room for growth.
Pros
The cafeteria is nice.
Cons
Management / No room for growth
Consistency, accountability, culture
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2018
Arrow corporate lacks consistency, accountability, and culture.
Some departments are full of happy faces, others the complete opposite. Speaking about my department: Fear is the favorite tool of upper management. Middle management is powerless and gutless. Power politics rule. HR is nothing but a hotline. Organization and direction change with the weather. Workload is unmanageable and everyone knows it, yet other departments are full of YouTube watchers. Training, development, and raises are non-existent. Management seeks no feedback whatsoever.
Minimal Job Advancement and Poor Work Culture
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 11, 2018
There is quite a bit of turnaround here due to constant management changes, poor work culture, and micromanagement. The majority of individuals who did advance did so by transferring out of the Semi org into another department entirely.
Pros
Some work from home options
Cons
Low pay, micromanagement
Monotonous, repetitive, boring, no challenge
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 8, 2018
I was hired for a Coordinator position but once I arrived, they gave me an entry-level position. It was easy and they use programs from the late 90's.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No life.Management is not lenient. Old computers and systems.
Lots of work and team development
Manager, Logistics Value-add Operations (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 8, 2018
Lots of training offered and development for employees. Structure is key to company growth. Mission statements are used to push structure and development.
Pros
structure
Cons
many hours worked with little time off
what I learned
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2018
The direction of Arrow is very interesting from an acquisition perspective. They are focusing on interesting companies and technologies to provide solutions for IoT and AI. Like the direction they are headed.
Pros
Training
Cons
collaboration with peers
Political Corporate Games
Senior Corporate Auditor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 26, 2018
Very qualified people leave Arrow because of the political games that are played there. Unless you play the game, good luck every getting promoted. And the help desk is useless, it takes months to get any support.
Pros
Gym, Parking, Location
Cons
Great experience while I was there
Business Development Manager/Arrow.com (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 26, 2018
Great, innovative company with smart, dynamic senior leadership.
Their organizational set up has a little bit to be desired, as I had 3 managers in a year.
nobody smiles at arrow/immixgroup
Event Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2018
Very poor training, and a different position than what I was told during the interview.
Nobody smiles in their freezing cold/anti-social office. Great place if you don't want to be happy at work.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Good timings and good Management.I have already completed 5 years in this organization. I have found this place very good to work and stay in this organization.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Night shift
Great company that is employee oriented
PRODUCT ASSET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 23, 2018
I have been with Arrow for 6 months. They are employee oriented and work for team goals. Great company to work for. My current manager is very affable and helpful.
Pros
flex time
Change
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parker, ColoradoSeptember 21, 2018
Change was very difficult due to the method of communication. Those in management positions were often the poorest communicators. Which lead to frustration and disappointment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micro-managers
Not half bad
Data Destruction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Arrow was the only place I think I actually enjoyed working. Someone left a Google review talking about a female lead/supervisor that gets jealous of your productivity and takes steps to get you fired... That is exactly what happened to me and another co-worker. The both of us came in and "worked circles" around everyone that was already there and that, I guess, wasn't a good thing. Despite that, I liked it there. The environment was pretty laid back and not super stressful for me. It was hard to keep a good pace in the summer time though, because we had to wear these heavy lab coats in a hot warehouse and stand next to a 6"0' tall rack of hot hard drives... That part wasn't fun.
Pros
Break room is pretty big and temperature controlled
Cons
SUPER strict about clock in/out times
Not a good environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Poor management within the department. Manager very quick to believe everything he was told before investigating. Workload was very unbalanced. Supervisor was discrimatory against women.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Great entry level job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 13, 2018
If you are interested in transition from any industry to business or want to start building your resume Arrow is a great place to start. Although due to the nature of the culture and the job being driven by performance and numbers that overwhelm most employees I would recommend looking elsewhere after a year.
Growing company with unlimited potential
Collection/Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2018
Fun, energetic, challenging, and rewarding work environment. Opportunities for growth were supported and encouraged. Excellent salary and benefits in a growing stable company.
Productive and Fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 12, 2018
Working with Arrow Electronics was a fun and educating experience. Arrow was my first warehouse experience, the company provided all the training needed to perform and fulfill necessary duties to distribute electronic components and computer products to industrial and commercial customers globally.
Pros
Large global company, with benefits and 401K matching
Cons
Pay is below market average, Balancing Life and Work
Fun people
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 12, 2018
Great people. Could be stressful, but great co-workers. Good benefits and sabbatical program. Management was mixed, but mainly better than managers at other companies.
Great place to work, if you have the right management team
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VASeptember 10, 2018
Great co-workers, benefits were great compared to a lot of companies. Great time off benefits.

Lack real leadership from corporate HR while I was employed a few years ago. Not a lot of meaningful discussions. A lot of ideas did not actually support the business; I would say it actually got in the way at times. I hope it changed.
Pros
Benefits, time off, work life balance
Cons
Some of the leadership, lack of business focus
Challenges at Arrow
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day is arriving on time, login and begin the buying process of product in your segment. Workload on each employee is high, but the responsibility to the company is real and you feel your value each day.
Managers can be good or bad as with any company, but in general, you have excellent managers and they too really care about the work.
hardest part of the job is getting it done everyday and meeting the goals set forth by upper management. it is an industry that requires commitment to the job and you feel the need to do your very best every day.
Pros
co-workers and visibility within the company
Cons
daily, weekly, monthly, qtrly and annual metrics (financial goals) that must be met.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight