Arrow Electronics

Working at Arrow Electronics in Englewood, CO: Employee Reviews

Englewood, CO122 reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,234 reviews
electronicsbenefitemployeeco-workersalenumbtraincustom

Productive and fun workplace with an awesome visionary atmosphere.

This company has a very honest and open door policy with a lot of potential for all types of employment possibilities for advancement. A great place to work. Team atmosphere with ever changing responsibilities and management teams that really back their employees needs and abilities.

Productive and excellent place to work

I've enjoyed my first 9-10 months with Arrow. I work in digital so I can't say much about the other departments so please take my review with a grain of salt. I feel I have a sense of purpose and I learn something new daily or weekly.

Pros

Free lunch, coffee and snacks

Undervalues employees, overvalues management

The day to day work will be done alone and will not necessarily be difficult, but the management from top to bottom is poor. You will not be appreciated and/or fairly compensated. Their plan for 2 years of covid was whole time it was "play it by ear" so you never knew what was going to change, when it would change or why. Inquiring about those open questions was a series of passing the responsibility and giving non-answers. They froze salary increases while bragging about record profits and continuing Sales and Executive bonuses. You can apply that to the management environment outside covid as well. They want to appear to do something rather that actually help or even clearly communicate with their workers.

Very Poor Management/Frequent Layoffs/Poor Pay

I have worked at Arrow for 3.75 years. In that time they have had several lay offs and situations where they move entire departments overseas. I have had 5 managers and all but 1 have been petty tyrants and not knowledgeable in the work that is done by their employees. There is not a path for advancement.

Pros

Onsite gym and cafateria

Cons

Poor management, poor pay and no path for advancement.

It's ok

The job itself is OK. Each small team of 3 to 4 people turns over once every two years or so. The average time people stay on may have increase because of Coronavirus. People leave because the amount of money offered for standard raises is very quickly outpaced by the amount outside companies are willing to pay for the experience.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

High Turnover

Watch your back

Felt like a place where everyone was out to get you. Loved my team and my boss but those outside of our team were sneaky and paranoid. Would step on anyone to get a leg up.

Toxic Enviroment

This was years ago and I am sure the culture must have changed. There was very little direction from managers and a lack of trust from the employees with their managers.

Great people, heavy workload

Good environment to learn more if you take advantage of it. Hard to move between jobs. When people leave, they were not replaced, which makes for a heavy workload.

Still 5 years out

Global company that had limited vision and communication capabilities with the employees. Employees not encouraged to participate in a team environment and Management team provided little to no strategic vision.

Never hired on full time

Promised a full time position with in 90 days and never was hired on even after working for almost 2years, when you are a contractor you get zero benefits, holiday pay, sick time ect.

takes forever to hire someone after being a contractor for 8 months

Being at Arrow was very stressful they had us doing too much and I didn't feel supported when I needed help. I am glad I had the opportunity to work there because it helped me to know how to handle stress and a high intense environment. I worked there for 8 month's as a contractor was never hired to be perminant employee. Was not told the truth when asked if I was going to be hired w/in 3 month's of being there

Job security but not a great culture

The executive team was arrogantly patronizing on how they came off. It's a Fortune 150 and they execs take great bonuses. But when hard times hit, the exec bonuses stay, and employee benefits are cut, salaries frozen, unpaid furloughs, layoffs. They often say in townhall meetings that "our people are our most valued asset." Which - if you read the above - is not true. Their employee evaluation process is designed so that if you do your job spectacularly, you get average ratings for meeting expectations. So merit raises are a joke. There is a lot of politics and posturing for advancement of your career. Not a lot of merit based promotion - more "who are you buddies with" promotions. But they do promote from within. So that's a point in their favor. Once you're in, if you're good at what you do, you tend to have decent job security. Your initial offer will be competitive salary wise. But it will stagnate. The benefits package (especially health insurance) got worse and worse during my years there in order to cut costs. And when times got better, good benefits did not return. The only reason I was there for so long is that I was hired by a fantastic boss and worked for him for my first year and a half. He was laid off, and I was ready to look elsewhere. But then a new great manager came in who was legitimately interested in growing and developing us on his team. But he was quickly jaded by the corporate philosophy. When he left, very few on our team stayed long. All in all, it was a steady paycheck because I am good at what I do and I get along with people easily. But it was -

November 11, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience at Arrow. We are sorry to hear your experience while at Arrow was not as positive as we would like. Arrow does value its employees and this feedback is helpful as we work to improve the employee experience and communication. Thank you for your service to Arrow.

Overall OK

Arrow has some very good hard working people that work there. Overall, Arrow provides good benefits. The trade war with China has been challenging for them, like most electronic companies.

Interactive, educational, interesting, great people, engaging & evolving

My position as a Lighting Applications Engineer provided me with cutting edge knowledge for the industries leading experts in their fields. This constant engagement allow for Arrow to provide excellent business solutions and offerings to the vast customer base. If I had the opportunity, I would return to Arrow to finish my career. Jim Wagner

Arrow Electronics is ok to work for

It's was a great place to be at first, then was watched too closely for metric and work hours started out flexible tho. Micro managing is an issue and not being flexible with your shift hours

Sink or Swim

They make it seem like they have a "team" attitude, when in reality everyone has their tasks and you have yours. Asking for help is virtually impossible as people are too busy with their work to help anyone else out. The only time there is any interaction with team members is during meetings when you report your individual work. There is no collaboration and the general feel is they expect everyone to fail.

Pros

flexible work schedule

Cons

management, work atmosphere, resistant to change

September 19, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. We will make sure this feedback is passed on to the relevant groups. Arrow is focused on improving the employee experience, which includes ensuring all employees have the resources and access they need to be successful.

Average corporate job

If mindless busywork is what you love this place is for you. You can plug in your headset and work through the average day. The work was incredibly easy. The environment was very quiet, businesslike. They were pretty flexible with what you were doing while working as long as everything was done in a timely manner. I often found myself running out of things to do with rare offers of more work so the days felt very long and unsatisfying.

Pros

Free lunches, advancement is made available to everyone

Cons

Very high premiums and high monthly cost

September 16, 2019
Thanks for your feedback and insights into your Arrow role. We strive to provide an environment where our team members are empowered to learn and grow in their jobs, and sorry to hear that you didn't experience that. We appreciate the feedback and wish you well!

What once it was...

Was a great place to work. High turnover, lots of burn out, lack of goals, and an antiquated management philosophy. Great place to get experience, but you are only as good as the current quarter.

September 3, 2019
Thanks for your service to Arrow and for sharing your insights. We certainly want our employees to experience the great place to work that we know Arrow can be, and will forward your feedback along.

Large company that could be more focused on their employees

Large company with many employees. I initially thought there would be opportunity to grow, but that has gone by the wayside. The company is too top heavy with management. Few people getting paid too much money when they could be taking those salaries and distributing to the front line.

August 15, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Arrow's provides market competitive compensation, based on the role responsibilities and the employee's background and experience.

So many job areas but also a revolving door

There are so many areas at Arrow, it is a huge company. All of the areas you go to are different, there is no consistency. Management in most groups is a revolving door. It is hard to get assistance from any other groups that you need help from, so don't count on getting back to your customer quickly. I did learn a lot about the field since I worked in a few different areas within Arrow, but you either have enough work for 3 people and cant keep up, or you sit around asking for more and worry about losing your job to the interns you train all summer. Layoffs every year make you bite your nails wondering when your card is up, and the lack of training in most groups makes it much harder to say you have job security.

August 15, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. Arrow is a large organization and navigating that environment can be complex, but it also offers a lot of opportunities for on-the-job growth and learning.

Fair pay, but little room for advancement.

You can expect a salary in line with the lower end of the industry spectrum. You will find it hard to advance in a biased culture, but people are nice (to your face).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Arrow Electronics.
Powered byComparably