Arrow Material Services Employee Reviews

Good company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Good company to work for but there are a lot of uncertainties. There has been a lot of changes over the last several years. A lot of employees are unsure of the future of the company. Head of operations is great and really cares about the employees.
Ok i guess
Loader (Former Employee) –  Crafton, PANovember 16, 2018
If you would like a job where you can watch movies on the computer, play on the phone, slack off while other people do the work, show up drunk from the night before, no call show no show, management who allows it plus nepotism and an office person who thinks they're the boss. Then this job is for you.
Pros
Benefits, 401, slacking off, break as long as you want, good pay working long hours when busy
Cons
Only 40 hrs when slow, nepotism, favortism
Selfish company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHNovember 15, 2018
High turnover rate on employees for a reason. Company is all about the dollar no matter the cost to employees. Dangerous work environment. No accountability. Numerous environmental and regulatory violations.
They will throw you under the bus
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2018
This place say they have good management but they are sadly mistaken. People there will throw you under the bus , stab you in the back and pick fights with you. They don’t follow the right ppe ” personal protection equipment“ or OSHA. They also start you out at 12.50 not 15 an hour
Pros
Some days you go home early
Cons
people try to fight you
productive workplace
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 27, 2018
I have learned how to manage employees, submit payroll as well as conduct safety briefings. This position has also taught me how to be more responsible as a team player and multi task on multiple levels.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
team moral
Very Productive
Load Hazmat Material (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2018
My job was to load ethanol and vey hazmat materials the job got very hectic some days because the loads were very heavy and in very high demand and had to be out to the customers by a certain time i enjoyed my job and the co workers and supervisors were very easy to get along with.
Cons
Healthcare
good
Supervisor/Trans Loader (Former Employee) –  Loving, NMMarch 25, 2018
a typical day is a new learning curve.
were big of safety. management is always sharpening are skills
the most enjoyable part of my job is learning new talents.
its big on team work
Great place to work very friendly people
Loader (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXDecember 11, 2017
On a typical day I would do my daily checks on the equipment then I would drive the front end loader and load sand into the hoppers. If there was a train to unload then I would unload the train using the conveyors and a remote to move the train.
nice place to work
transloader (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 20, 2017
typical day at work: self motivated. what I've learned: be patient ,everyone cant work the same pace. management does not always give the best communication. culture is fun and upbeat. hardest part of the job is when you function as a team and you have one person who wants to go against the grain. most enjoyable is the commrardry
Pros
two 15 minute brakes and a huor lunch
Cons
health care not so great
Ok
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Leland, NC 28451June 14, 2017
Its a job and I like to work. If i could say one positive outcome of the job is that you really get to see if u made for the job by doing transfers with a hazmat suit on in the summer. If you can do this, you can basically do or survive anything a job does in the future.
Pros
I only work with 1 person.
Cons
Hard to advance into management
Tryed to make a worker friendly enviorment.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 3, 2017
Very nice to work for. More than fair. My bosses were very helpful and nice. I enjoyed working their. They let me manage my own terminal never interfered was always very supportive. There strengths was focused on safety . They had a procedure for everything. They tried to make it fool proof system. They treated me like I was family and I tried to do the same for my employees.
Pros
Extremely helpful
Cons
Can't think ofany.
Fun and Diverse Company
Conductor/Engineer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 2, 2017
Management is great, environment is a healthy one and people you work with are professional and fun to be around. Great team work and working hours were good.
Excellent company
Safety Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Arrow Material services is an excellent company, dedicated to safety of yourself and everyone you work with. A job that required strength, endurance and a good attitude.
Overall a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allenport, PAJanuary 13, 2017
I loved my job with Arrow and would still be working there if they hadn't closed my terminal.
I worked 12 hour midnight shifts which worked well with my family life. Management was great and very competent. They were also flexible with requesting time off with advance notice. Pay was good for this area and you can normally get some overtime hours if you want them to help cover co-workers shifts when sick or using vacation time.
I learned a lot and made some really good contacts in the gas and oil industry.
Pros
close to home, learned a lot
Cons
closing my location and no others close enough to tranfer to
Good Company to work for
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day at work was enjoyable, but at many times stressful due to micro management at the Regional level. Hardest part of the job was not being informed of changes that were going to take place.
Only one good supervisor
Transloader (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 11, 2015
Worst idea ever. You are lucky to get 40 hours. You will be told you can get 40 hours but you get just enough to pay bills. The manager has a terrible temper and is over all very unprofessional. All but one of the supervisors say very inappropriate jokes and inappropriate references towards the woman employees. Not ok. There is only one good supervisor and she is helpful and professional. We were promised raises from day one and a year after the facility opened it has still not happened. Bonuses are always very late. You feel extremely unsafe going to work everyday and you do not know what kind of mood the supervisor and manager are going to be in that day so just going to work is stressful.
Pros
You barely work...if thats a pro
Cons
Everthing
had to load sand trucks while they were in our facility quick and safely no matter the weather
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 29, 2015
loader and yard personel keeping the equipment clean and working ...with yard work equipment and tools load sand trucks and change different types of sand when the train switch comes
Pros
Cons
working in weather and getting sick they dont care even under dr. s care they get rid of you
Terminal was an amazing facility
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allenport, PAJune 15, 2015
Only worked a short time, due to one safety violation, I was released. Local management was outstanding, regional management was not seen.
Pros
opportunity for hard workers
Cons
no patience
Working enviroment is hot and busy
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2015
a typical day at Arrow Material Services would be a real hot day outside filling trailers and railcars with chemicals. A lot of climbing up and down of railcars.
Great company to work for
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2015
The management understands the business which is reassuring when it comes to assisting and supporting you with getting the job done. They are growing very fast!
Pros
Wonderful Management Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Material Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Arrow Material Services Reviews by Location