Arrow Stage Lines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to learn and advance in Entertainment business
OTR Operator (P) endorsed with Various Tour Groups (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
Forty to fifty-five Passengers Seated Luxury Motor Coaches'.
• Mapped out Routes for up to five states with stops for breakfast, lunch, dinner, hotel ck in,
sightseeing, entertainment, and airport pickup/drop schedules with each state having different fines
and regulations to avoid.
• Draft up voice presentation and rehearse for the customers on Canyon lands, shopping, stretching,
while my presentation of/for the company was being upheld legally/professionally. Whether they be
from the USA or Abroad,
• Responsibility for the customers' enjoyment for their min of three days and regularly as long as 15
days of touring the USA.
• Cleaning Bus, Oils, Tires, Bathrooms on board, Interior of coach and floors.
• Stay up to date with all Road Law, Boarder Crossing, miles, Insurances, Permits and Registrations,
safety of vehicles and mechanics repairs were in proper paper order and signed off correctly.
• Hotel reservations of 45+ checking in and signing final papers that all is correct distributed, faxed in
and money correct.
• Tips, Rosters, and any medical that may be needed to adults or children on board were my sole
responsibility.
• Not too many of us back then had cell phones or IPods. So I am familiar with both ways, by hand and
paper or transmitted and recorded by updated programs.
Pros
Variety of schedules of work to fit your family
Cons
Away from home alot
My colleagues are like family
Heart of America Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityJuly 25, 2018
Arrow Stage Lines has been like a home to me. I feel that the culture of a company is about making the customer happy, having fun and enjoying the ride along the way. The level of professionalism and talent has elevated me to achieve new heights in my growth as a person. I am honored to be working for such a wonderful and compassionate company.
Pros
The work impacts people's lives. The work is interesting and chalenging.
Cons
The hiring process requires patience and persistance. Ineffective technology in the workplace.
Great place to work - Owners who care
Motorcoach Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2018
I think this is a great place to work as a motorcoach operator. The family of owners really cares for the team members at Arrow Stage Lines. It really is like being a part of a family.
Pros
Excellent Equipment, Work with good companies, consistent pay, free meals
Cons
Away from family sometimes
Great place to work with even better people to work with!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 5, 2018
Relaxed and comfortable environment with friendly coworkers that work well together to provide high quality customer service. Very fun job to continually grow in!
Great working environment.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
I enjoy working for a family owned business. Working for a family that provides us with the tools to provide great transportation to our clients is a great feeling.
I truly enjoy the motorcoach transportation industry and the people i am able to work with.
Pros
Great facilities, great equipment, a fun and challenging work enviroment.
Cons
Working in a business that never sleeps
Fast paced, always different, challenging
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2018
I get to work with a great bunch of co-workers who genuinely want to provide the best experience for our customers on a daily basis, 365 days a year! Several of us in management have been or are still motor coach operators, so we know what it's like to be out there and we strive to provide them the most information we can to help them succeed with the customer. The ownership (family) have good moral values and lead by example for all employees. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else and hope when the day finally comes to hang up my hat, it will be from many more years with Arrow Stage Lines!
Pros
Travel the country; never same day in, day out routine; the people!
Cons
Long days/hours sometimes; 24/7 business which needs attention after hours sometimes.
Great Company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2018
Demanding work environment where loyalty and hard work are rewarded. Opportunities for advancement and growth. Leadership welcomes new ideas and employee involvement.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Good brand with a lot of potential
Safety Coordinator/Lead Driver's Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2018
I was in the perfect job if I had been allowed to do my job as it was presented to me. Too much disorganization and chaos and nobody seems to be minding the store. Employees often are over tasked with responsibilities that are not in their job description making it difficult for them to effectively do the job for which they were hired.
Pros
Many good people work there and one of the best jobs for CDL drivers
Cons
Too many individuals in management positions that should not be there. Owners seem disconnected.
life on the road
Tour Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2018
There idea of a driver was a mindless drone. Dispatch expected you to agree to any whim they had. You were threatened with disciplinary action if you even turned down a run. The company felt that you were theirs first, family second.
Arrow is a great place to work.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80239March 13, 2018
Management was great, very understanding bosses. You could make lots of money if you were willing to put in the hours. Everyone, meaning drivers pretty much just kept to themselves, do your job and go home. But no real room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Early, early sign in
Poor Management
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2018
Poor management.

Biass selection of employees and not fair with handing out work. Not professional. Drivers are super and do a fabulous job. Need to work on the management group in Vegas.
Dont appreciate good drivers. Leave new drivers to company to fugure out things on thier own, then are ugly to drivers that ask for assistance. Not sure who is really in charge in Vegas, multiple titles and they all do things outside of thier position title. Very confusing.
Love Arrow the company, not Vegas office so much. Lot of things need to change or they will be in legal trouble. Just being honest.
Not concerned with getting information or compliments/complaints from current customers. It's hard as a driver to work under this stressful environment. Schedules are last minute so you cannot plan your life. They do not comply with customer special request in every instance. I would not recommend working for this company in Vegas. However, Arrow operates out of many cities and they are just fine there. ARROW is a reliable company and has super drivers. It's too bad this office has not figured out how to treat them.
Pros
Excellent Drivers
Cons
Poor Management
good company to work for
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2017
It is a good company to work for if you dont mind being gone all the time. Their vehicles are well maintained, and the mechanics are really good.The training is constant. overall a great company.
Pros
always busy
Cons
always gone no life
great work environment
Depot Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 7, 2017
Experience many types of people working for ASL. Excellent management. Good benefits available. Fun people to work with. Opportunities to change positions within the company.
I liked working at arrow
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2017
I liked working at arrow stage lines because the people were so cool. I could talk to management quickly. We had a nice clean building. The coaches was the best I ever experienced. Professional and easy to talk to. ,
Pros
Free lodging
Zero tolorance for error. Great people.
Topeka Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 6, 2017
Very challenging work. Very dynamic. The senior management of the company is very approachable, however, the vice president that was one level above me had zero tolerance for any error and did not communicate or train well.
Pros
The people that worked for me were a great group of professionals.
Cons
Communication and training were not good.
Not a good place to be if incompetence, favoritism, fluid policies or pompousness bothers you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJune 28, 2017
The incompetence level is quite high among low-level management. Some compensate by forcing their own agendas without any regard to common sense. (example: Drivers got in trouble for turning right on red without stopping, when the bus' window camera showed green turn arrow.)
Some compensate by over-controlling. (example: A driver will get in trouble if they try to publicly thank a cleaner for going above and beyond their normal level of service.)
Some compensate by extreme favoritism. (example: Just minutes after a driver was begging the dispatcher for any opportunity and being told nothing was available, the dispatcher tried to talk another driver into taking one of several available trips.)
The list can go on and on....
Pros
The busses and coaches usually run well.
Cons
Policies change on the whims of those in charge.
Great people and good place to work
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2017
Great place to work if u like to travel and your family doesnt mind you away for long periods of time. It feels hreat to have co workers that feel like family.
Pros
Meal allowances. Cell phone allowance
Cons
Gone from home a lot
They have the best equipment ie: motor coaches
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2017
The company is a well balanced company, they maintain the equipment (motor coaches) better than any other company I have worked for. They pay top wages and provide insurance.
Fun place to work, employees/drivers were appreciated, pay was above average
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Large company with many years of successful operation; good equipment and opportunity for growth; good employee relations and understanding; excellent facility.
Pros
Good administration, good equipment and facility; excellent customer relations
Cons
Some favoritism of drivers
Management needs an overhaul in Kansas City
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2016
Job was ok but the management was horrible. When you dislike having to go to work because you don't want to see your boss SOMETHING is wrong there. No at a boy or pat on the back. Just the negative. Had to go.
Pros
Travel