ARS National Services Employee Reviews

Ghetto call center
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  SomewhereMarch 26, 2019
By far the worst place to work at. Don’t waste your time noir energy. The supervisors were messier than the girls on the floor. The building was old and smelled, dialing people 3-4 times a day, rude people on the phone, not very good feed back from supervisor, hounding people for money even when they clearly say they don’t have the funds to pay, and just an overall stressful environment. If you have a conscience and a heart go elsewhere. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Horrible work environment and clueless management
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2019
A good places for experience, but always a hostile environment you're in nobody can get along there and management can never stick to what they are in forcing and always flip flops
Cons
Management isn't on the same page always flip floping on polices
Not a Career Starter
COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  HousFebruary 17, 2019
ARS presents themselves as a different kind of company until you are actually on the floor. No matter what you say or do management sticks together. The supervisors are very unprofessional. Communication between agents and supervisors are horrible. There is no actual strategy in place to collect funds. You basically log in and dial numbers until it's time to clock out. Bonus/Commission is never explained clearly nor is it much of anything. An agent collected 80,000 and only received 50.00 as a bonus.
Pros
PTO starts day, No Late Nights
Cons
Unprofessional, Horrible bonus structure, Does not care about the agents
Good people, awful management, everyone is jumping ship
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Raises and promotions do not happen at this company. I really enjoyed the work and the corporate setting but there are two managers to every average employee and when people leave, which happens so frequently you'd think the door were all revolving, they do not get replaced.
Miss the bagels
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 8, 2019
At ARS if you're buddies buddies with a supervisor or manager than your position is secured. What I mean is there are "employees" who pretend to be working?? Either on the phone, on spreadsheets, negotiating. Etc... When honestly and truly they're not. Managers sit in there office all day long. never do they interact on the floor with the employees. Very rarely will managers do a second talk off. They're especially a few employees who are sleeping, on Twitter, on there phones all day long and the one that sits at the end is the one in charge to tell the other two if upper management and/or monitoring is on the floor. And when this isn't happening these 3 individuals will take long breaks go outside and be on there phones for long periods of time: SG , KS, LS are bullies, they run the attorney floor. These are the individuals ruining it for everyone else. Hope this information helps.
Pros
Bagels once a month
Cons
Individuals taking advantage of company time and getting away with it
Dead end job
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Heavy phones, unrealistic goals, high turnover, high complaints, cold, dirty, no housekeeping, free coffee, ice machine, ping pong table, exercise bikes, nintendo in break room, large break area, dirty office, low morale
Pros
5 Dollar gift cards randomly issued
Cons
Timed break penalties, Poor resources, Dirty office
Customer Service
Call Center Representative (Training) (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 21, 2018
if you have little to no experience , you do get trained and work with managers that are willing to help. You do have to be creative and good with problem solving .
n/a
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
The company was under a number of changes I assume for the best when I was there but the supervisor that I had was a micromanager and flirted with employees and didn't know how to talk to his team. I loved the overall flexibility that ARS National had to offer
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micromanaged
ARS was a good company to work for
Trainer/Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2018
ARS was an awesome company and it they did not close the Baltimore Site, who knows, I wold probably still be with the company. I learned a ton about management. I learned how to manage the process and to develop the team. I was able to grow because of the Leadership!
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
The inconsistency of the staff. Staff turn over.
great bonus opportunities
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 22, 2018
If you try you can make alot of money and grow in the company. Daily you dial about 300 numbers and about 20 people answer. Majority of the time its the wrong number. Its always best to be kind and courteous and treat each person as an individual.
Strict Guidelines to Follow and Micro-Managing to Inefficiency
Collector, Escondido (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 5, 2018
This was my first Collections Job. I actually applied for a different department all together but they said I would make more and would be a better collector. Okay sure why not I gave it a shot. My immediate supervisor was great and worked with me and I was on the way to becoming a better collector. Then upper management wanted to reinvent the wheel every 2 to 3 months. Commission cut backs, product switching, then even more micro managing. Okay that's the way things go everywhere. Adapted to the new product - then the client decided to micromanage the micromanaging and call fail even more. Okay more stress but it is what it is, what phone job isn't stressful. Then another system upgrade - to better micromanage and cause phone issues when it's already difficult to collect and maintain quality. Then upper management requires even more unrealistic quotas, call count more important then actually collecting, and even more commission cut backs to where you can't commission. If your close you get even more call fails so that you don't, then they even routed callbacks so that you didn't even get credit for your own collections. If you just want hourly good luck you might survive the 1st year they grant you. If your after commission - they will give you a taste then make it so you can't commission.. Mostly sink no swim..
Pros
Ping Pong table, coffee, most of the other workers are cool
Cons
Micro Managing to inefficiency from top to bottom.
micromanaging to the max
Collection Agent/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2018
I spent every day working there, wanting to get out. The management team was always on your back about something. It was almost painful to be at work. I was glad when I found a better opportunity.
Was a great way to start in management
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Ars was a fun environment for learning and becoming a manager. As they grew they went away from what got the company to hit their yearly/company goals. They stopped investing in people from inside the company who grew with them, instead going with some big name in the industry. They haven't grown in the last few years.
Pros
Fun fast paste competitive environment
Cons
Stopped investing internally.
Trust the reviews
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2018
Cold building, old desks, dirty nasty bathrooms, worst bonus plan in Jax for collectors. Its a joke, don't waste your time, the highest turnover I ever seen in MY Life, no one stays if you make it past training the employees are surprised.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything except the hours, dont settle for this company!!!!
Unknown at this time
Senior Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 1, 2018
I am of the understanding that there have been upper mgmt changes since my departure and I hope things improve.

While I was there they were understaffed lacking personnel/knowledge redundancy to insure success and growth.

I worked 7 days a week, rising several times through the night to insure processing before starting the day at the office. I had no back up.
Pros
unknown at this time
Cons
unknown at this time
ok place to work if part time
Part Time Out Bound Transfer Agent (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 26, 2018
its a call center with a lot of politics first boss was hard nosed and un welcoming second boss quit and by the end I had no supervisor eats up good people and spits out resentful employees..
Pros
flexible hours if part time
Cons
political motivated advancement
Fast pace
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Collection AgentApril 26, 2018
Needed to meet the daily quota of collection of customers in bad account standings with different fortune 500 companies other than that I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
if you don't meet your daily quota you will not last long
Excellent training program
Account Representative/Collection/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 7, 2018
This is a great company to work for, they provide excellent training and is a great opportunity to advance your career in financing. You will have many opportunities to learn a variety of skills that will benefit you in many aspects both work related as well as outside of your job.
Pros and cons
Dialer/ Receptionist/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 1, 2018
Working at ARS was the most interesting experience I've had since I started working. None of the employees care about their jobs and it is very laid back in regards to work ethic and dress wear. Depending on your job position it could either be very cut throat or laid back. The schedule here is very flexible and they will work with you if you have something come up. They give you sick time off and are constantly having raffles(with amazing prizes) and giving out free food if a certain team hits their goal. They also held contest to keep employees healthy and gave gifts and had an awesome break room. Supervisors are generally great people but corporate is also on location and they tend to be not so great. It is so hard to get a pay raise you have to fight tooth and nail so I recommend you get the highest amount possible going in. No one cares if you show up late or leave early. And you are not valued there. There is an obscenely high turn over rate because this place drains you. The work is very repetitive. If you need the flexibility and are okay with being on a commission based salary and not having a set income this place is for you.
Pros
Free food, amazing supervisor, relaxed enviorment, relaxed dress code
Cons
No benifets, hard to ever get a pay raise, corporate was awful.
n/a
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 22, 2018
This place of employment was a interesting experience. It was my first collections position, it taught me patience, competition and how to encourage others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS National Services. Our community is ready to answer.