ARS National Services Employee Reviews for Collection Representative

good company to work for
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 19, 2019
professional and fun company to work for, has good medical benefits and grown opportunity. I would recommend as a company to work for and learn from. The recruiters are transparrant as to what to expect on the hiring process.
Miss the bagels
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 8, 2019
At ARS if you're buddies buddies with a supervisor or manager than your position is secured. What I mean is there are "employees" who pretend to be working?? Either on the phone, on spreadsheets, negotiating. Etc... When honestly and truly they're not. Managers sit in there office all day long. never do they interact on the floor with the employees. Very rarely will managers do a second talk off. They're especially a few employees who are sleeping, on Twitter, on there phones all day long and the one that sits at the end is the one in charge to tell the other two if upper management and/or monitoring is on the floor. And when this isn't happening these 3 individuals will take long breaks go outside and be on there phones for long periods of time: SG , KS, LS are bullies, they run the attorney floor. These are the individuals ruining it for everyone else. Hope this information helps.
Pros
Bagels once a month
Cons
Individuals taking advantage of company time and getting away with it
Trust the reviews
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2018
Cold building, old desks, dirty nasty bathrooms, worst bonus plan in Jax for collectors. Its a joke, don't waste your time, the highest turnover I ever seen in MY Life, no one stays if you make it past training the employees are surprised.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything except the hours, dont settle for this company!!!!
Excellent place to work great managers and leads
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Job was a temporary job which was unfortunate as it was a nice place to work great managers and leads always helping in any way they can additional helps always there for you
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Breaks are short as you want to converse with co workers bit 15 minutes goes by fast
All and all it was a good job
Collection Account Representative (Pre (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2017
Like most jobs, it has its pros and cons. I would recommend a friend to work at ARS National Services. I received good pay, and had good benefits. Also the schedule and dress code was very relaxed,
Pros
Good pay, benefits, nice people
Cons
Frequent changes in office policy
Next to slavery
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CASeptember 19, 2017
Nice building office in mission valley. The office is crammed with employees computers and desks. Lots of cigarette smoking, stagnant accounts, high pressure deadlines, very stricked time management, okay pay, very tiny cubicles, stuffy office space, okay parking. Very high turn around. 3-5 days heavy training, high expectations. Very nice persistent recruiter, prolly get bonuses if you get hired but he doesn't work for the company (contract). I'd rather work at Target than ARS . GOOD LUCK.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Tiny office like sardines
fun atmosphere
Collections Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 11, 2017
Opportunity to entertain in collections world. Ability to work solutions for customers in order to pay debt in full. Feedback for information that was needed to fulfill debt.
I would not recommend this job
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 24, 2017
Challenging environment with a tendency for weak middle management and leadership, noticibly high employee turnover ratio, low pay structure, low level of employee morale.
not fair to write a reveiw , i wasnt there very long.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZDecember 11, 2016
The short time i was there , I had a great supervisor and trainer. I enjoyed my team members. Left because my Husband was transferred to NM .
Pros
fun place to work, good team leads
Cons
location is in downtown phx, and pay is not very high
Loved IT!
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2016
Great staffing agency. Polite and courteous. Works hard at finding you a job. Great jobs offered. Competitive pay. Co-workers are great! .............
It's okay if you want to go nowhere
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2016
Basic collection job with promises of making high amounts of bonus money in reality, the company all they do is constantly mistreat the employees when majority of the profits come from production. They do happen to have managers know what they are doing and well they have production managers who don't know how to run a floor along with a site manager who doesn't care about the employees. Trust me it's good to get a check but high turnover rate. Your better off somewhere else
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Micro managers, no bonus, pay is terrible, bad managment
Company offers job security
collections representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
This company is an overall great company to work for but has a high turnover rate for the collections dept. They offer monthly bonuses on top of your hourly pay which is considered a great asset and creates productivity of work from the employees.
Pros
Company offers monthly commissions
Cons
High turnover rate
A lot of perks to it's employees. They would really take care of us.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 22, 2014
Log on to your computer and open the sites you needed to work with for the day. Try to hunt consumers and try to work out a payment schedule to repay what they owe. In some cases we would lower the amount that they owe just to work out an amount he/she will repay. The hardest part was listening to these consumers and why they can't make payment arrangements. Their husband/wife just died, they have been out of work for 2 years..etc
Pros
Gave us goals against other teams and they would give prizes, lunch, money, purchased items.
Cons
Alot of stress, rude debtors.
Great Place To Grow
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to utilize customer service skills to convince a customer to pay an outstanding debt. I would describe this company as collections made for the 21st Century.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Only allowed to work 40hrs a week
Very rewarding, Everyday was different and challenging.
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 11, 2013
I had to deal with change everyday with policy and procedures. Everyday was different but rewarding when you helped a customer with great customer service and came to a conclusion on resolving the debt
Pros
Always had incentives
Cons
Every company has cons I have learn to live with them
Working collections is stressful
Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 8, 2013
The only job security that you have is to collect on debts and hit a certain amount of money each month. If cant produce it will reflect negatively. Great work environment.
Pros
Bonus for collecting over recovery goal.
Cons
Your job relies on someone else paying there bills.
High stress position as always trying to attain goals set from co.
Collections Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2012
Do not feel I was given actual reason for being let go. All calls monitored and recorded, and last call made from my office phone a manager of dept. on phone to customer, manager did not hang up phone properly and customer heard her comments. Gave me that specific reason they had to relieve me of duty.
Pros
good co. to work for. stressed always open door
Cons
very stressful, due to rules and strict regulations re: job.
Not worth it
Collection Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, caOctober 2, 2012
First day is all the wonderful stuff about the company, benefits, employees, upper staff, Second day you are require to take 4 exams and need to pass all 4 exams or if not they let you go. Trainer makes you feel extremely welcome and explains all the benefits of working for the company. After you go through training for 2 weeks you are on your own. No one is willing to help you out when you first get out to the floor after graduation. Everyone states that the trainer is one of the best ones they've had, which is a lie she is the worst trainer ever. She just go through everything quick without explination. Best employees are their money makers especially with all the upper staff. Worst company to work for. Either you make that money and stress yourself "No wonder they have good benefits" or they fire you.
benefits
Cons
trainer
i enjoyed my co-workers
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 14, 2012
I really didnt enjoy my experience working for ARS National
Great company, good benefits, has a lot of fun work activities like contest and money give outs.
Collections Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2012
I loved working here for a long time, I was there for three years never had any problems there for a long time. Some of the management has misused the HR handbook quite a few times just my last 6 months I was there before my move, and just speaking from the site I was from the professionalism has got way out of control in the Phoenix site.
Pros
contest, prizes, dress, code
Cons
unprofessional, stressful