ARS National Services Employee Reviews for Collector

3rd party collections
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 7, 2017
I worked there over 7 years ago and I worked on the Chase accounts. My coworkers were rude and nasty to the clients. At times you could hear people yell at clients on the phone. My supervisor was very positive and encouraging. They gave me plenty of chance and training on how to collect.
Pros
If you are on the right team supervisor were encouraging and positive.
Cons
Most of the accounts were too old to collect on.
Boiler Room
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 17, 2017
You take one day off. Your entire promise to pay desk would be wiped out. So You would have to work from scratch all over again. It was not an easy environment to work.
Pros
I did hit a bonus the third month I was there
Cons
Management changed the rules all the time
great work enviroment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 7, 2015
Everyday was a new challenge with this company, alot of customers who I enconterd on a day to day basis actually wanted to make a payment on their debt. A.R.S. National made it easier for people to pay their debts, for the most part everyone got along and the hardest part of the job was the commute back and forth, a 3 1/2 hr round trip. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually helping a person take care of their debt and making sure the understand the positive effect paying will make their credit.
Pros
health insurance 401k
Productive, fun, results driven, and goal oriented
RECOVERY COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2015
The entire work day was devoted to the collection of debts. I learned to improve my negotiation's skills while working here. Management took a vey democratic approach and there was minimal supervision. My co-workers were all professional and very committed to doing whatever that was necessary to achieve the company's goal.

The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was skillfully convincing customer's to pay their financially obligation's.
Three out of five stars? Geez, I wonder how much they paid for someone to lie!
Collector (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CaFebruary 20, 2015
This company is absolutely horrible. There is literally no respect for the employees whatsoever. Little do the higher-ups know, the ones that are on the front lines making your calls and mailing out your letters are the engine/heart of your business. The ones that bring in the revenue literally get no respect from the upper management. For a collections business, the management's only real talent is micromanaging and focusing on all the wrong things. The company barely ever hits its goal and just finds ways to cut back on compensation for the employees. They are more concerned on finding frivolous ways to take money out of your pocket than developing ways to build you up and make you better at what you do. Most of the employees are > four hundred pounds and very miserable people. In the time that I have worked here, I have met less than ten people that are content with their position.

My advice to the upper management here - what you're doing is obviously not working. Literally nobody is happy working here. There is a reason why there is a 120% turnover rate. Your business has potential to flourish, however, as long as you have the same people running the show doing everything the same way every time, you're going nowhere. NTRS is not the answer. Take this to heart.
Great company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2014
It was a great work place the people were nice and very accommodating and the management was very easy to get a long with. I was very disappointed when the location had shut down if t had not I would be still e working there. I really like the job and the pay was very good for a part time job as collector.
call center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 2, 2014
smile and dial to reach daily incentives and reach monthly goals
Chop Shop
Collector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Enough said. There is nothing more to say, they had us work as many hours as we could and then asked us to work Saturday.
Horrible Company
collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2013
If your looking for a $10 an hour job then this is the place, bonus structure is horrible, they take away more than they give, even the seasoned collectors can't make bonus here so there pay is dropped down to $10 hourly, company is very cheap and most management has a bad attitude. Don't waist your time. Nothing but chaos.
Pros
Cons
Bad moral because of low pay
Very positive and team work environment work place
Bilingual 3rd Party Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLVerJanuary 11, 2013
To me this job is been one of my favorites, very stressful job, but at the same time they care for you, managers, co-workers, they appreciate your work effort and they acknowledge all your work, really good compensation, and they work as a team all the time. Love it.
Pros
bonus structure, compensation and good salary
Okay workplace
Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, flSeptember 29, 2012
The atmosphere was relaxing the co workers were friendly, a typical day is just dialing and trying to get paid and being professional