ARS National Services Management reviews

Ghetto call center
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  SomewhereMarch 26, 2019
By far the worst place to work at. Don’t waste your time noir energy. The supervisors were messier than the girls on the floor. The building was old and smelled, dialing people 3-4 times a day, rude people on the phone, not very good feed back from supervisor, hounding people for money even when they clearly say they don’t have the funds to pay, and just an overall stressful environment. If you have a conscience and a heart go elsewhere. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Horrible work environment and clueless management
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2019
A good places for experience, but always a hostile environment you're in nobody can get along there and management can never stick to what they are in forcing and always flip flops
Cons
Management isn't on the same page always flip floping on polices
Not a Career Starter
COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  HousFebruary 17, 2019
ARS presents themselves as a different kind of company until you are actually on the floor. No matter what you say or do management sticks together. The supervisors are very unprofessional. Communication between agents and supervisors are horrible. There is no actual strategy in place to collect funds. You basically log in and dial numbers until it's time to clock out. Bonus/Commission is never explained clearly nor is it much of anything. An agent collected 80,000 and only received 50.00 as a bonus.
Pros
PTO starts day, No Late Nights
Cons
Unprofessional, Horrible bonus structure, Does not care about the agents
Miss the bagels
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 8, 2019
At ARS if you're buddies buddies with a supervisor or manager than your position is secured. What I mean is there are "employees" who pretend to be working?? Either on the phone, on spreadsheets, negotiating. Etc... When honestly and truly they're not. Managers sit in there office all day long. never do they interact on the floor with the employees. Very rarely will managers do a second talk off. They're especially a few employees who are sleeping, on Twitter, on there phones all day long and the one that sits at the end is the one in charge to tell the other two if upper management and/or monitoring is on the floor. And when this isn't happening these 3 individuals will take long breaks go outside and be on there phones for long periods of time: SG , KS, LS are bullies, they run the attorney floor. These are the individuals ruining it for everyone else. Hope this information helps.
Pros
Bagels once a month
Cons
Individuals taking advantage of company time and getting away with it
n/a
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
The company was under a number of changes I assume for the best when I was there but the supervisor that I had was a micromanager and flirted with employees and didn't know how to talk to his team. I loved the overall flexibility that ARS National had to offer
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micromanaged
ARS was a good company to work for
Trainer/Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2018
ARS was an awesome company and it they did not close the Baltimore Site, who knows, I wold probably still be with the company. I learned a ton about management. I learned how to manage the process and to develop the team. I was able to grow because of the Leadership!
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
The inconsistency of the staff. Staff turn over.
Strict Guidelines to Follow and Micro-Managing to Inefficiency
Collector, Escondido (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 5, 2018
This was my first Collections Job. I actually applied for a different department all together but they said I would make more and would be a better collector. Okay sure why not I gave it a shot. My immediate supervisor was great and worked with me and I was on the way to becoming a better collector. Then upper management wanted to reinvent the wheel every 2 to 3 months. Commission cut backs, product switching, then even more micro managing. Okay that's the way things go everywhere. Adapted to the new product - then the client decided to micromanage the micromanaging and call fail even more. Okay more stress but it is what it is, what phone job isn't stressful. Then another system upgrade - to better micromanage and cause phone issues when it's already difficult to collect and maintain quality. Then upper management requires even more unrealistic quotas, call count more important then actually collecting, and even more commission cut backs to where you can't commission. If your close you get even more call fails so that you don't, then they even routed callbacks so that you didn't even get credit for your own collections. If you just want hourly good luck you might survive the 1st year they grant you. If your after commission - they will give you a taste then make it so you can't commission.. Mostly sink no swim..
Pros
Ping Pong table, coffee, most of the other workers are cool
Cons
Micro Managing to inefficiency from top to bottom.
micromanaging to the max
Collection Agent/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2018
I spent every day working there, wanting to get out. The management team was always on your back about something. It was almost painful to be at work. I was glad when I found a better opportunity.
Trust the reviews
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2018
Cold building, old desks, dirty nasty bathrooms, worst bonus plan in Jax for collectors. Its a joke, don't waste your time, the highest turnover I ever seen in MY Life, no one stays if you make it past training the employees are surprised.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything except the hours, dont settle for this company!!!!
ok place to work if part time
Part Time Out Bound Transfer Agent (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 26, 2018
its a call center with a lot of politics first boss was hard nosed and un welcoming second boss quit and by the end I had no supervisor eats up good people and spits out resentful employees..
Pros
flexible hours if part time
Cons
political motivated advancement
satified
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 20, 2018
great place to work. pleasure to be part of a great work environment. hours resure job completion. workplace cultured and satified with management. i would recommennd
Pros
benifits
Cons
hours
Good place to start out
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 10, 2017
If you're just out of high school or need a part-time job this place would be good for you, however as a long-term job I would recommend something else. The people that I worked with were nice, however some of the management officials and policies that have recently come into play aren't truly in the best interest of their employees.
Fun environment
POSTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 2, 2017
Working here was nice and stable. The management was professional and knew how to handle situations. I unfortunately moved out of town and could no longer keep working for them. I greatly enjoyed the time I got to spend there.
Not a positive experience
Talent Selection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2017
The commission guidelines as correlated with type of client continually changed, making it hard to achieve goals and for employee retention as well. The recruitment metrics were based on employees' performance and commissions, however the recruiter was not entitled to any compensation regarding their performance.

This company sets one up to fail and only cares about their own profitability.
Fast paced but welcoming
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 26, 2017
Lots of sitting involved in Customer Relations. You handle upwards of 30 accounts regularly, frequently more depending on what other clients you might be working. A good job if you're good at parsing through details and seeing in grey areas where specifics sit on a spectrum. I learned data entry and was exposed to different types of shorthand. Management is great and very understanding, and workplace culture is welcoming and helpful. The hardest part of the job is being sure of the categorizations you place complaints into.
Pros
Bagels on Fridays
Cons
Little room for error
Next to slavery
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CASeptember 19, 2017
Nice building office in mission valley. The office is crammed with employees computers and desks. Lots of cigarette smoking, stagnant accounts, high pressure deadlines, very stricked time management, okay pay, very tiny cubicles, stuffy office space, okay parking. Very high turn around. 3-5 days heavy training, high expectations. Very nice persistent recruiter, prolly get bonuses if you get hired but he doesn't work for the company (contract). I'd rather work at Target than ARS . GOOD LUCK.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Tiny office like sardines
Kind of miss this place
Customer Service / Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
ARS National Services was my first collection job. I build great friendship at this place. My co- workers and I was more like family. Because we had great synergy our team hit our quota every month!
We helped eachother out if one was stucked on an irate call. The management was awesome. Whenever any type of drama try to raise, they nip it in the bud really fast. I loved everyone there. My site director and manger cried when I relocated and had to put my 2 weeks notice in.
Investing in profits not people
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 18, 2017
This company cares only about profits, not people. They are constantly finding ways to cut from your income potential to protect profit margins that are falling fast. The Sr. Management was beyond disconnected with the people and culture, they are also not held accountable for their inability to successfully run the company. This job could of been rewarding given a real opportunity, something that could of been >
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Disorganized, poor communications, stressful environment
Only if you really need a job.
Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 15, 2017
The company moto is "Be more with less". There is a lot of FAVORTISM. Management finds ways to pay collecters less every few months. They make it impossible for some to hit thier goal and some are fed so they will hit thier goals. If you don't hit your goal they decrease your pay. If you don't fail any calls your supervisor gets a big bonus but if you fail a call it cost your supervisr money.( If you do a god job and not fail a call you should get the bonus.) Some supervisors walk around talking all day and take excessive breaks. In this ad it says the company is growing, not true, the have closed 3 offices. They have a very high turnover and they have recently done a mass firing of good employees that have been there for years (probably because they were making too much money).They only care about saving the company money. This job is VERY STRESSFUL.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Your pay
Wouldn't recommend unless you need collections experience
Collector III (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2017
I will always be thankful for my years at ARS but management over the years gone down, constant changes that hurt the work line and no merit increase. Moral is low.
Pros
Flexible schedule, leave when you want
Cons
Management, no a positive environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS National Services. Our community is ready to answer.