ARS/Rescue Rooter Employee Reviews

Featured review
ARS/Rescue Rooter selected this as a representative review
A good company to grow with
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
This company has given me plenty of opportunity, in an industry I would've never even considered. I love the fact that you can quickly move up the company ladder with the right work ethic. I've worked my way up from one of the lowest paid positions to one of the highest, in a 3 year duration. Long hours in the field as a technician, but rewarding money and knowledge. Long hours in the field as an outside sales rep, but rewarding money and meaningful customer interaction. This job is what you make it out to be. If you are interested in the HVAC industry, this company will provide you stability and security. As Home Depots nationwide Heating and Cooling contractor, you will always have a job.
Pros
Room for advancement, pay, benefits
Poor
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2019
Worse place I have ever worked. Only focused on sales and money. Three meeting a day just to talk about sales and money. Employees and customers were last of importance. Installers were pushed to do more then one install a day and worked late ever night. Customers would call after the install and it wasn’t cooling.
Don’t work here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2019
Only the managers friends get good leads the rest of us are there only the leads that they don’t want,like insulation work,duc work,mobile homes and mine split
Fast Paced
Sr. Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2019
Good place to work! The General Manager and VP are awesome to work with, they seem to really care about their employees! The culture is friendly and the work performed is backed with a satisfaction guarantee.
stressful but lovdd the people. ready to move on
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2019
overall a good learning experience.will move on knowing im ready to grow. enjoyable and great people. Management may need some work just on keeping the environment and moral happy,
disgraceful
dispatching coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 9, 2019
I worked for this company and everything was going great until they moved me to a different department gave me zero training and fired me after two weeks for not know how to do the new job. The general manager is new and she has fired almost every person that was there before her and brought her friends in to work with her. Just a bad person and they lie.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Tough grind but can be fun
General Manager, Aspen Air Conditioning (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2019
Extreme results oriented, which is fine. Work/life is why I left. Opportunity to succeed was fair.

It was tough managing managers who were in the role due o performance in that area of the business. A great installer does not make a great manager. That really handicapped growth potential.
If you need a paycheck great place to work. If you need a life don't start here.
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 9, 2019
It's a paycheck. And not a very big paycheck. They are all about sales and not about customer service. It's all sell sell sell if you don't sell you don't make any money fixing the equipment is not a priority selling junk people don't need is
Pros
None.
Cons
Paycheck.
Job
Hvac Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 7, 2019
I did not like drive cam other than that, this is a good place to work and make lots of money. I highly recommend this employment if your single or your wife don’t mind you working long hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 3, 2019
Great place to work with great people, great management, fun to work at and learn and get experience, management truly cares for their employees and are willing to help any way they can.
Pros
Great co workers and management
Cons
N/a
Horrible job
SSA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2019
They pay may seem like alot but really u only getting 3-400$ a week u only get 27-30 hours not 40 u would never get 40 hours have to work every weeken
Title/ Salary
Sales Representative- Scheduling Appointments (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 27, 2019
I loved the company, but advancement there wasn't good for me. Promises was made for me as an manager, things didn't go well as planned. Therefore i resigned after 2 months. I was offered to come back, but the stress wasn't worth the offer.
Worst job ever!
Comfort advisor AC (Former Employee) –  Houston NorthJune 27, 2019
Worst job ever! If your looking to be in sales (comfort advisor) do not work here. Only a select few get actual tech turnover leads. Everyone els runs nothing but home depot leads. These leads are worthless. You will run nothing but new duct work calls or insulation calls. For instance. You will go to home for new duct work and they have 4 year old duct work. You will run insulation calls give them a price of around 4 grand they laugh and get other quotes half the price. I have several friends in the business around town at large companies and ARS prices are 3-5 grand more for systems, duct work and insulation. If you own a corvette work here and you can be in the GM’s car club and get the best calls. The two guys that get all the tech turnover leads are best friends with and in corvette car club with GM. It’s summer should be busy yet you will sit for 3-5 hours at a time to get another call. I could say so much more but when you are sitting in front of a customer and you are 3-5 grand more it’s hard to sell the warranty and guarantees are why the prices are so high. Other quotes Homeowners have give identical guarantees and ask well why are you so high. If you keep giving discounts that managers tell you to give you loose all credibility. you call in (on every single call) to get the sale price dropped so customers are thinking if they are giving some off they can give more. No value whatsoever. They always think we’ll what more can you give. You are told you can make 5-7 grand a week. Buy a corvette work here and yes maybe.
Pros
not many they lie to you
Cons
Lies they feed you and the horrible calls
Too much cronyism
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2019
Not making the progress we need to make. Stalled projects and unfit management are very frustrating. If you are "in" with the right people, this is the place for you. If you are not, look elsewhere.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No profit sharing or bonuses.
Fast pace, very motivated sale mgr.
Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 25, 2019
I was there for less than a year, but for a rookie HVAC Sale I had a lot of helps and very friendly group. It was a fast pace and competitive position and at the end of the day your performances is what mater.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
traffic is terrible
Productive workplace
Plumbing Service Technician/Dump truck driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 22, 2019
In at 630am planning day,getting po's for vendors,getting parts for job,pre trip on dump truck, driving to jobsite.Learned a lot about water and sewer replacement,but the r was still a lot to be learned.management let us do our job in timely manner but sometimes there would be setbacks that prevent job completion(ie permits,inspections)best part of my job was satisfaction in customer's faces
Great Company to work for!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 20, 2019
ARS is a high performance company. If you work hard, you are rewarded. So many talented, bright people work here and I've enjoyed surrounding myself with great people who really want to do right by the customer.
Pros
High wages, good benefits, management is always looking for ways to improve.
Good entry level
Comfort Advisor (Outside Sales) (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 20, 2019
Good training. Plenty of leads but the best leads go to the top one or two sales people. WAY overpriced so you will lose every bidding situation. Leads come from Home Depot.
Business is business
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  In Home Depot storesJune 18, 2019
Business is business it’s all about how many air-conditioners you can write up for their people to install that matter how nice you are because today you could be the nicest guy in the world and your stuff doesn’t stink up tomorrow if you don’t sell you’re a piece a joke they promise you full-time and if you don’t produce you will not get ours I don’t think that’s right
Pros
You’re as good as your last sale
Cons
You’re as good as your last sale now you suck
Long hours with out pay
water heater sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2019
Poor management in the Houston Office. SUPER LACK OF TRAINING...

You learn by lying to clients and cheating them out of good pricing. in order to make a commission check..unethical practices.
Call Center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2019
My time spent at ARS was pretty good. Even though I did need more income, it was a great environment and I loved all my coworkers and managers. They offered constant overtime and the ability to move to management or change departments if you choose to do so.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes the calls would get overbearing and agents would be unable to move from desks for hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS/Rescue Rooter. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight