ARS/Rescue Rooter Employee Reviews

Featured review
ARS/Rescue Rooter selected this as a representative review
A good company to grow with
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
This company has given me plenty of opportunity, in an industry I would've never even considered. I love the fact that you can quickly move up the company ladder with the right work ethic. I've worked my way up from one of the lowest paid positions to one of the highest, in a 3 year duration. Long hours in the field as a technician, but rewarding money and knowledge. Long hours in the field as an outside sales rep, but rewarding money and meaningful customer interaction. This job is what you make it out to be. If you are interested in the HVAC industry, this company will provide you stability and security. As Home Depots nationwide Heating and Cooling contractor, you will always have a job.
Pros
Room for advancement, pay, benefits
Friendly work environment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2019
If your looking for a job here be ready to work. We play around and all get along but when it comes down to it your job needs to get done. If any department is running behind the other departments come to the rescue. Being a team player is key here.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, good benefits and great place to learn.
Cons
Distance
nothing to say
RESIDENTIAL LIGHT COMMERCIAL INSTALLATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
evil does not describe the culture here! senior management lied to corporate management about the team numbers in the install department suggesting that I was failing at maintaining appropriate install numbers, when in fact, I had to bonus and overwork my teams
Service Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 11, 2019
We had proactive and productive days--always had work. Learned alot from my co-workers. Interesting people to work with daily. And the company was very large.
Pros
free food
Unique culture
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2019
ARS was a very motivating company to work for. It was exciting to come in with your team and work towards a common goal. Growing with the company i help open a new client and carried it through adolescence to success.
Pros
Great bonus structure
Cons
Bad communication between corp and upper management.
Appointment generator
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 6, 2019
It's good to work inside of the Home Depot meeting and greeting people but inside the company it is all a mess changing managers up and down unrealistic sales goals pressure from up top pushed all the way down to the SSA in the stores almost you okay not committed afraid of losing your job on a weekly basis Pop ups 2 stores no call try to do heavy monitoring on employees that are doing well every Thursday evening there is a meeting are real
Pros
Great medical, vision, and dental benefits package and a matching 401 plan
Cons
Pressure to achieve unrealistic goals working every Saturday and Sunday
fun job at times
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Itasca, IL 60143March 5, 2019
it was great to travel and work on different equipment each day. everyday was different with meeting new people and solving new problems. a great place to start as a hvac service technician
Retail Sales Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2019
My favorite thing about this company is that I learn something new every day. The management team is awesome and understanding. The pay is good. I refer friends to work here all the time. They don't mind training their employees and they seem to be growing so there is a lot of opportunity to grow with them.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Pay, Great Culture
Cons
Their 401K and Health Care plan is ok but could improve. I've seen worse and I've seen better.
Management made poor decisions and didn’t take care of customers or Employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2019
Toxic work atmosphere due to lack of management experience or care for others on Plumbing side of company. No opportunity to grow as a sales technician in field or as a person. Pay was average but made the trade of not as pleasant due to responsibilities and the lack of quality support.
Pros
Company Vehicle and gas card, Good Benefits, Some Nice People
Cons
Customer satisfaction, Culture, Management
No Job Security for long terms
office (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2019
It's like walking on eggshells every day doing your best to please ownership/management which is a lost cause anyway. Morale is low and the atmosphere is stiff and on edge. You have to hunt your commisions even after install is done. They give junk leads just to make it look the wagon is rolling. sky rock it to get a job sold out. Poor training. Lack of best practices.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Hostile environmemt
Poor management, lack of communication, stressful environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 21, 2019
I joined Brothers-ARS Charlotte in 2011, the first year that ARS was instituting corporate changes over a 4 year plan. At first, and to the public, Brothers appeared to still operate as a locally-owned and family operated company, being friendly and efficient. Over the next 4 years with more and more of ARS corporate changes along with additional Home Depot's changes, I noticed more and more seasoned, proven professional plumbers, HVAC techs and managers leave. More good people leaving than coming.

By 2015 I found it unrewarding and a frustrating work experience due to ineffective management which was why I left in 2018 to work for a smaller family-owned company. Management since 2015 mostly consists of closed-door meetings and conference calls in addition to a lack of regular one-on-one interaction with employees. This contributes to lack of motivation, higher turnover and overall lower morale. They have poor communication with their employees who are often stressed and kept in the dark. Brothers-ARS Charlotte is now just an average HVAC company. Same pay and benefits as any other HVAC company around. Nothing exceptional. Nothing unique to standout from the competition. In my opinion, Brothers-ARS Charlotte is now just another large, impersonal, faceless and humorless division of ARS-Rescue Rooter operated primarily to satisfy their investors.
Pros
Part of a large national chain that is also the official service provider for Home Depot.
Cons
too corporate operated for me, Impersonal, Ineffective management, Poor communication with employees, Higher employee turnover and lower morale than before 2015.
Run
Confort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Lead is a lead. All leads with all companies are bad. Getting 10 estimates or bad credit. Now, with that being said, they give the good leads to 2 or 3 guys that are the favorites. You get all the trash and are looked down upon because your not selling like the favorites are.
Pros
When you do get paid, it's good
Cons
Everything else
Pretty cool place and fun....
CSR/Sales/delivery/call center (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 20, 2019
I enjoyed my time there....i really had fun....at times we were busy....also a contest was ran there and i came i believe in 2nd placd and won a 5 day/night vacation to Hawaii...some days it was boring.....also as a call center rep you take in like a 100 calls a day...alot of team players who were friendly...management was kool....also they were kool about letting me go from full time to part time because i had to pick up a 2nd job.....i wouldve stayed but the pay wasnt good
Pros
At times we ran contest....also easy to move up or transfer to a different positon
Cons
At times it can be stressful like any job
Used to be the best place to work in Austin TX!
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Management is in complete control of your income! It’s a straight commission job, you earn a spiff off total ticket collected. Warranty time is paid by your hourly rate. You will spend most your time running warranty than anything thing else unless you have no moral value and push sales onto customers. No turn overs, no good calls = No Money opportunity! Everything thing you collect is accounted for and every missed opportunity will be held against you. Don’t trust anyone at this place, anything you say to anyone will be held against you.
Pros
Flexible hours, willing to work with you
Cons
Everything thing else
Structured
Helper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJFebruary 14, 2019
Overall structured and same routines each day. Knew where you were going and approximately how many hours you were working each day which made it easier to have a biweekly budget.
They want sales men not service technicians
HVAC&R Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2019
You're expected to sell something at every job no matter how broke the customer is or how new the unit is. This company is like any other corporation they are all about making the most amount of money off the customer as possible. They tell their technicians that if the unit is 8 years old or older that you better sell them a new unit even if it is working perfectly and they have been getting maintenance twice a year since the day it was put in. The company sets the price on the units way higher than any other company around and blame the techs and the comfort advisors but mostly the techs if you don't get the sale. If you are not reaching the minimum sales quota for the company be ready to have to come into the shop every day for extra sales training an hour before the normal start time of the day and you only get paid 15.00 for minutes of that time not what you are supposed to make hourly when you're doing a warranty repair which is the only time you'll see an hourly rate.
If the company was paying hourly plus commission they'd have an easier time keeping good quality techs instead it is like a revolving door with the techs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Commission based, long hours, low pay if you're not able to sell something at every job, no travel pay
My boss was understanding and down to earth.
lead generator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Good place to work . if you like talking to random strangers every day. U cant be shy. Leads are everything. Great co workers . must work saturdays . for the rest of your life
Pros
My boss
Cons
His bosses
HVAC all commission
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2019
1. NOT PAID for drive time 2. You don't sell overpriced parts on a perfectly running system, you won't survive. 3. You drive around(not paid) until calls are at convenient times for customer. 4. On call is NOT for repairs, it's a continuation of maintenance customers so EXPECT TO WORK WEEKENDS. 5. Older system calls are given to elders so it's not fair. 6. Camera 24/7 while you drive at 65mph top speed. 7. Meetings every week. 8. Ton of invoice paperwork as a tech.
Pros
Cons
Micromanaging
Not good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone because because it is hard to move up when your constantly getting put down. It's hard trying to sell air conditioners as well
Over worked and no realistic goals
LEAD SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 4, 2019
The goals that they expect you to reach are impossible. They are fully based upon money and not upon reality. When you try to submit an idea, it gets shot down because phone calls are free. Yet they forget that in this day and age, no one answers the phone anymore. you have to work 6 days a week so you only get one day to yourself. Bonuses never got paid out even when you reach the minimum.

Base pay and PTO was VERY decent however
Pros
hour lunch hour
Cons
unreachable goals
Please read
Laborer/Helper/installer/tech (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Well I don’t even know where to start.
First of all you get no respect from upper management they lie to you.they will cheat you out your pay so make shure you keep track of all your work ,ive witnessed multiple employees complaining about their weekly pay
They will do everything in their power to make shure that you don’t make your commission quotta.Also do not befriend any1 in dispatch they will make ur workday Very stressful
As an employee here at rescue rooter I want to be valued for my hard work and also get the right compensation.and above all to get treated with respect and integrity
Pros
401k, great hard working employees
Cons
Stressful days, allot of favoritetism, no respect to employees, word of employee does not matter, management only cares about making monthly bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS/Rescue Rooter. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight