Arsenal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time here at Arsenal and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Within the 3+ years I have been employed here, I have advanced to 3 different positions. They really try to work with you to insure that you are happy with your position. It is a great work environment and everyone works really well together. I don't have any complaints. This is hands down the best company I have worked for.
Beware: not all is as it seems at this financial institution.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 12, 2016
Frontline staff are absolutely phenomenal at what they do. They are kind, polite and helpful to the best of their abilities. As the face of Arsenal, they actually care about the wellbeing of this institution's members. Unfortunately, the decisions made behind closed doors by certain members of upper management are questionable at best.

As a financial institution, Arsenal actively hides behind the credit union facade of "doing good," when in reality, they allow policies and procedures to interfere with the way they treat members and employees, alike. I have personally witnessed staff of higher authority speaking negatively about some of Arsenal's current members, sometimes even questioning members' intelligence and ability to understand the various communicative pieces being presented to the public. They hold many former employees in this same regard, professing the mentally unstable nature (i.e.: "insanity") and inadequacies of the people in question. Instead of taking responsibility for their actions, ACU simply writes off frustrated members/employees as "ignorant" individuals whose concerns are too insignificant to evaluate — this behavior is not more apparent than in the never-ending refusal to discontinue the $0.25 debit fee. This, of course, is only one of many examples highlighting Arsenal's negligence.

At the end of the day, trustworthiness is a product of transparency. From my point of view, Arsenal fails to achieve either of these — that's why my financial assets have since been moved elsewhere; I advise anyone who values compassion and integrity in their financial
  more... institution to do the same.  less
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Lack of compassion and integrity
Official response from Arsenal Credit Union
May 3, 2017

I couldn't disagree more. The company is a great place to work..excellent benefits, generous time off and bankers holidays :). Great hours and flexibility.

ok
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Imperial MO 63052May 4, 2015
There is a small chance for advancement and job security is not good. There has been a lot of change people getting let go or my co-workers leaving for different employment.
Professional and friendly environment, great place to work
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2015
I worked in our 2nd largest office, so we were pretty busy. I assisted managing the office by hiring/training employees, reviewing reports, and helping customers. I was a loan officer for all of our locations, which means I would decision loan applications. I would also help customers start to finish in their application process, open accounts and audit employees. We had quarterly goals to achieve, which included referring customers to our financial advisor and our business department.

I have held many positions in the banking world during my financial career of 14 years. I enjoy working with people, and making sure they are using their banking products in the way that best suits them. I am very organized and work hard. I have relocated to Southern Illinois and ready to work for a great company!
Great work enviroment
ATM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day meant keeping organized throughout the many task performed daily. I learned to adapt and stay calm under pressure. Co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was being on call for the after hours ATM response calls.
Busy environment but excellent staff and members
Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2013
Perform transactions for incoming members, balancing cash drawer daily. Learned customer service skills. Excellent management. Hardest part is dealing with disgruntled members. Most enjoyable part was getting to know the members and coworkers on a daily basis.
Great place to work!
MSR (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 17, 2013
Generous PTO and benefits package; trains and develops employees. Lots of opportunitites for growth and movement.
All around
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2012
I would move from branch to branch to help. Management did not micro manage. Easy to work with. No career advancement
Pros
great management
Cons
no advancement
Excellent member services
Teller (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2012
I enjoy the face to face interaction with the members and getting to know them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arsenal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Arsenal Credit Union Reviews by Location