Artesia General Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun work place but some people don’t act there age
Patient Accounts Representative/Insurance Biller (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 5, 2019
Speak with patients about there bill and if they have any Concerns , bill claims to insurance, correct insurance claims, try to be a team player even when you work with people that try to get you into trouble
good food
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMFebruary 20, 2019
Most of the food in the cafeteria is really good. The card system that they have for you to be able to but money on the "green card" and just swipe it at the register really keeps things moving.
Great Environment
ACO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work, challenging and great culture. Management could use some improvement, but overall a great place to work. People are great and also a nice small town
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Small town
Provide patient care
EVS Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMNovember 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Artesia General Hospital and working in my position. All staff is friendly. At times it was fast paced and other times it is
slow paced. I recommend that people go and see all providers there. They are excellent. Overall working at Artesia General Hospital is a fun and learning experience .
Pros
Bonuses. Picnics for staff and family
Cons
Half hour lunch
great opportunities until recent turnover of administration
HR Director / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 3, 2018
Administration turn over has changed the culture and has now put the working environment at jeopardy. Prior to this change there was a vision and growth that would benefit the community and employees.
Artesia General is a great place
CFO (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJuly 9, 2018
AGH is a wonderful hospital with great people. There is much upside for this small hospital if risks and leadership transitions are fully resolved.
Director of Quality/Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJune 17, 2018
The administration was excellent when I joined the team,they saw the motivation in me to move up and did so. Very good patient care until shake up with administration and board.
Hard work, but easily made enjoyable
Cook (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMFebruary 4, 2018
I loved my job for the most part, immediate supervisor was wonderful and made the work exciting. We were extremely short handed for months at a time however, which made for some seriously long days....up to 16 hour days, every day. Days off were non-existent with only 2 people working in a hospital kitchen and it became too much for us to handle. HR was not inclined to hire anyone else, as we seemed to be doing a good job on our own (so they said) so after over 4 months of grueling hours, we both put our notice in. That finally opened HR's eyes and got them working on hiring more people, but it was too little too late for us. The company itself was great, but lack of staff caused too many issues in the day to day operations.
Poor management and poor communication
Family Practice Physician (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NM 88210January 15, 2018
Poor management and poor communication; not very sincere people and not very organized. Did not fulfill their obligation. Took to long to matriculate.
Productive and Fun
Chief Operations Officer / VP Physician Network (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMDecember 23, 2017
Artesia General is a fantastic place to work. The best staff, the best providers. It feels like family, everyone looking out for each other. The ongoing training keeps everyone's skills sharp.
Pros
Team approach to patient care
Cons
Having to go home at night
Management was not professional
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 5, 2017
I’ve learned how to deal with many different types of patients. EKGS. Give injections. Send referrals and medical records. Management was not so professional.
Pros
Pay
Work and Mid managment excellent
Director of Diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMOctober 18, 2017
I had a great peer manager work group that was excellent. My issues was wiht the CEO at the time. He was not a great leader. We started off great and his attitude changed with culture changes.
I miss my colleagues at AGH and look forward to working with tham again and with the new Administative team if hired.
Pros
Location, work relationships
Cons
With new admin team no cons
Poor Upper Management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMOctober 7, 2017
Management lack the education to run a hospital. A lot of back stabbing which management let's employees get away with. Pretty much they will put anyone in a management position without real experience.
Pros
Vacation Days
Cons
Cut throat, poor management
I enjoyed the job and people I worked with.
Admissions & Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMSeptember 22, 2017
Visiting with new patients or patients who came in overnight. verifying insurance, taking payments and bank deposits, answering phone. Working with other people in the hospital from nurses to medical transcribers.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Could be very stressful
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMSeptember 4, 2017
Fast paced rural hospital with education opportunities and advancement readily available. Emergency room doctor's very well qualified and attentive to patient needs.
Coder/Auditor
HIS Coder/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 9, 2017
Very competitive and a very goal oriented facility. Great team to be a part of. Staff work well together in all aspects of the facility and providers clinics.
Pros
May utilize my capabilities
Cons
Control issues w/in departments
Plenty of work
Certified Surgical Technologist First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 24, 2017
Steady pace. Solid work. Great work environment. State of the art equipment in Orthopedic. Procedures 1st of a kind in the state, both in general surgery and orthopedic surgery. Growing Hospital., great place to raise a family .
Pros
Cafeteria food is good.
Cons
Small city
enjoyable workplace
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMMarch 29, 2017
Working in the call center has been an enjoyable experience getting to know our patients through phone calls and putting a smile on their face when they are directed to the correct extension they are needing. being in the call center they call us the voice of the hospital.
Awesome place to work very Team oriented
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 30, 2016
staff members (Doctors, RNs, Counselors, Social Workers, Kitchen, and Maintenance personnel) treat our patients with dignity, respect, and empathy. We all strive to provide a safe environment conducive to a prompt and effective Care
Pros
Team/Goal Oriented
Cons
Staffing
Staff are great and very clean hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 13, 2016
Don't expect leadership to back up you or effectively and honestly communicate with you. They do not want to know new ideas or areas of improvement. HR is a definite place of improvement - takes forever to get an offer and there is no set salary grade depends on the need at the time, if you have elected benefits make sure they actually submitted it and don't expect a return phone call for anything even if you request it. Would recommend looking at another hospital if you are wanting longevity and fair treatment. We have had some great directors leave because of the leadership here.
Pros
good staff
Cons
poor leadership