Artesia General Hospital Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work very Team oriented
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 30, 2016
staff members (Doctors, RNs, Counselors, Social Workers, Kitchen, and Maintenance personnel) treat our patients with dignity, respect, and empathy. We all strive to provide a safe environment conducive to a prompt and effective Care
Pros
Team/Goal Oriented
Cons
Staffing
Staff are great and very clean hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 13, 2016
Don't expect leadership to back up you or effectively and honestly communicate with you. They do not want to know new ideas or areas of improvement. HR is a definite place of improvement - takes forever to get an offer and there is no set salary grade depends on the need at the time, if you have elected benefits make sure they actually submitted it and don't expect a return phone call for anything even if you request it. Would recommend looking at another hospital if you are wanting longevity and fair treatment. We have had some great directors leave because of the leadership here.
Pros
good staff
Cons
poor leadership
Summary
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJuly 23, 2016
My ideal work environment is one that is centered around working as a team and that allows everyone’s talents to flourish. When I researched this company, my desire to cultivate each of the employees’ skills was very impressive to me. I found that I work best in an environment such as this which is empowering and positive, no matter what the work is that I’m doing.
Knowledgable caring staff
Pre Admit Testing Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJuly 6, 2016
Lots of good people and dr's to work with. Hosptial that is growing even in these difficult times. The or is going from a small two room or to a 4 rm or, state of the art equipment only robotic ortho unit in nm for joint replacement.
Pros
Small friendly, Team work
Cons
Lots of hours, Hard to get time off.
Progressive hospital
Controller (Former Employee) –  Center of townMay 18, 2016
The work and environment was good, the town only had 12,000 people, so the isolation was the reason for leaving. There was no towns of larger population nearby.

The hospital itself was well run and a good environment.
Cons
Isolation of the town from any city, and landscape was flat desert
Mixed feelings
RN (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMSeptember 20, 2015
Great co workers. Management does not support their supervisors. A lot of back stabbing of new graduates and their supervisors. Great educational materials because of the ER director who is no longer there.
Pros
Education
Cons
CNO takes the word of new graduates over seasoned staff.
Medical Assistant- Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJuly 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Artesia genral the employees are great, the management and pay is not that great. Been working here for 7 years. Now ready to pursue my career in Occupational therapy.
Great hospital to advance
Director of Med/surg (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJune 7, 2015
A small but growing hospital with a strong ER, OR and med/surg. Great people to work with, I have learned a lot and advanced at this hospital. The small town this hospital is located in reminded me of my home town. AGH is growing and expanding.
Great front line staff
Senior Care Unit (Former Employee) –  artesia, NMJanuary 12, 2014
Upper management cares very little for their staff interests and opinions. Changes of policies and procedures without advance notice to accommodate their own desires without need for staff input or concerns. I have found that they have very good and dedicated front line staff who work very well together and have endured many pay cuts and changes in insurance coverage but they have little regard for staff retention.
Pros
None at this time
Cons
Healthcare coverage, attitudes of ;upper management
AGH a great learning hospital
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMNovember 22, 2013
Working at AGH I had one of the most best work experience there .I was always learning new things ,The staff I worked along side was one of the most awesome people I have worked with the company took good care of the staff no matter what title you have .My most biggest regret was quitting there to move to Santa Fe...
Pros
Cons
Me leaving AGH
My job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  artesia nmNovember 7, 2013
It was a great job and I always did it with the best of my ability.