Arthrex Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Exciting place to work and learn
Orthopedic Device Sales Consultation (Former Employee) –  Bergen County, NJJuly 13, 2018
In a typical day at Arthrex, I spent most of my time as an intra-operative consultant. Although I was responsible for a large sales territory, the main driving force throughout the day was to help surgeons treat their patients better.
This isn't the Arthrex of days gone by...
Quality (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 13, 2018
Management at Arthrex is horrible, condescending to employees, retaliates if you have any issues you bring up, and there is no one in HR that stands up for the employee. There is more work than can be accomplished in an 8-hour day, but you're expected to perform miracles or work overtime to complete things by their deadlines. Management lies about employee production to make themselves look better. They falsify information on documents that go to FDA to cover their inadequacy, and when caught put the blame back on one of their innocent employees.

This place used to have a great reputation, on the Forbes Best Places to Work lists, but no longer. You have no career advancement pathways, no job security, etc. I believe that in the past, when the company was smaller, that it was an awesome place to work. No longer so - and don't get taken in by the free lunch... as they say, there is no thing as a free lunch. You'll pay dearly in the end.
Pros
Good insurance, premiums paid for employee. Lunch provided 4 days a week in corporate.
Cons
Mangement is out for themselves, will throw their employees to the wolves if they feel threatened.
great company with advancement opportunities
Orthopaedic Sales Consultant / Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Rock, NJJune 27, 2018
Arthrex is privately owned company that is a number one contender in the Orthopedic Sales world. Being privately owned allows the good people at arthrex to dump money into R&D and no corners are cut as a result of needing to satisfy shareholders. Great company
Pros
competitive commsion
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLJune 20, 2018
Great Place to work for. Relaxed and stress free environment. Good benefits and culture. Positive work and personal life balance. Recognition to work performed at appropriate time.
great environment to work in.
SUTURE OPERATOR 1 (Current Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLMay 31, 2018
I love working for Arthrex. it is a great place to work in. the environment is good. the benefits are great. the only thing i did not like about it was the food but its eatable especially when its free.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lunches
Workplace Culture
GIS CSV Lead Analyst- QA, Test and Validation (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 24, 2018
In the last three years the company has been changing specifically since its expansion in various location. Hiring continuous but people are leaving as well, so the turnover is great.
There are some great talented people working at Arthrex, but many don't have a chance for promotion.
Benefits
Cons
Career advancement
Down to Earth
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
The people there were there to work and get the job at hand done. As a young college student at the time it seemed pretty serious but at the end of the day the employees there just wanted to get their job done.
Great place to have a job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 30, 2018
Arthrex is a great place to work, but if you want to advance they don't offer much opportunity. Fantastic benefits, free lunch, Unique culture. For SWFL there isn't a better place to have an 8-5 job.
Pros
Free lunch, work life balance
Cons
No advancement
Fast paced competitive environment not for the faint of heart
NE Reg Sales Mgr, I & R (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 9, 2018
Everyone here is worked to the bone but most enjoy the experience because winning is better than losing. I learned that in the environment Arthrex creates, it is more important to make friends with the right people in the company than to actually meet and exceed sales quotas. The culture is extremely cut throat and one learns quickly to watch their back at all times. Most Arthrex agencies are filled with high quality sales reps who work hard and play hard. There isn't enough time in the day to sell the whole bag which is always full with new products and procedures having a positive impact on patient outcomes.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Cut throat environment
Great Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLMarch 13, 2018
Disregard all the negative posts. You will notice many are worded the same and are from the same person. Arthrex is a great company and has an amazing culture. This is a highly sought after company to work for and a majority of people who work here enjoy and appreciate the opportunity. Those who don't are the same people who would complain about winning the lottery. I have met some of the most professional people with such positive attitudes and this is a great change from most other companies.

I enjoy going to work each day and love what we do - and that is "Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better". What we do affects everyone because we either have had some type of surgery or we know someone who did (or will), and I am confident in the products we make and would not hesitate on deciding to use them in my own family. I am excited on where this company is heading.
Pros
The people, free lunches, bonus plan, local discounts, on-site medical centers, 401K
Cons
I didn't start here sooner
Company growing too quick
Sales (Former Employee) –  NaplesMarch 12, 2018
Expansion too quick and expectations of Management not realistic at all. They should listen more to their Sales people.

Great products, great Team of colleaues but no leadership qualities of Managers.
Pros
Free lunches, colleagues
Cons
No Leadership qualities of Management
Great place to work!
Product Manager, Shoulder Arthroplasty (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 22, 2018
It was a great place to work! They listened to my ideas and treated me as a professional. The owner of the company was always available to listen to my needs and concerns.
Very Competetive Envirornment
Senior Exchange/Outlook Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Emloyees treat contractors unfairly. Sabotaging contractors work at times. Management takes the side of employees over the contractors. Employees are afraid that contractors will take their jobs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
employee contractor relations need improving
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Wonderful experience working as a customer service coordinator. Management really cares about promoting from within and making sure that staff is taken care of.
Pros
Awesome benefits, free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
No longer a good place to work.
Crew Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLJanuary 31, 2018
the positive reviews must be fake. Smoke and mirrors. Notice many of older negative reviews got deleted. If you already have a good job do leave it for this place! Big mistake. This is a terrible place to work at. 99% of the people are miserable. High turn over rate. Some one quits even 30 days on average. Place is run like a prison! False repatriation of being a good company. This is not a good company to work for. Production Manager are very unprofessional.
Pros
The economy is doing well and unemployment is at a all time low, so finding another job should be easy.
Cons
Terrible culture, no teamwork. Lots of back stabbers. HR is not there to help you. Negative work environment.
Hostile Culture
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 4, 2018
The culture was extremely hostile. Management is very interested in advancing only the employees they like. Advancement is not based on experience/performance but if management likes you.
Great place to work!
Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 13, 2017
Arthrex is a great company to work for in my experience. Everyone there was very helpful and easy to talk to. They are a successful and growing company. Also, provide you with lunch Monday through Thursday.
Great products.
Technology specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
Distributor does not respect the individual growth within teams. Middle men are treated like dogs. Managers do not keep things confidential. Great products but poor business model within the distributorship.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No mobility upward
Great benefits
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLNovember 3, 2017
Starting a day is not easy and takes time to get use to it, specially when you have to work at night and ten hours per day. I learned and got some skills as packaging tech. The management cares about the production system but there is a lack of attention to the work force and some problems that employees face. The hardest part of the job would be people talking bad about the others every day. I enjoy the job when it demands to be focused and the time goes very fast.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short lunch break
Need new mgmt ASAP!
Packaging Technician I (Former) (Former Employee) –  Ave Maria, FLOctober 13, 2017
Some co-workers are okay, others must be jealous of you b/c they make it hard for you to do your work. Some PC's think they are immune to the rules. Trying not to sound too critical. The company puts all these so-called good-looking benefits in front of you and then you find out to get these--there's a catch other than the obvious things to look for. So, NO--my answer is it's not a good work environment, all in all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Mgmt. and co-workers who make it hard for you to do your work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arthrex. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight