ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE STUDIO Employee Reviews

Productive and fun learning environment
Professional Ballroom Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2016
Instructed individual and group dance lessons.

Amped up my interpersonal skills and social skills.

Management were very personable and informative.

Co-workers were helpful and very fun to work with.

Selling packages.

Getting to know our clients well and having fun with them.
Bad place to work
Ballroom Instructor (Current Employee) –  Narberth, PAJune 26, 2015
Management horrible. Don't know how to run business. Never present and do not train employees. Compensation too low for how many hours spent in building
Great for training and culture, I needed to move to be with my son.
New Student Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2015
I learned nearly everything I know at Arthur Murray.
Great training & culture, great customer service.
I learned about the difference of leadership to managing and aspire to be a great leader.
Pros
Very encouraging and uplifting
Cons
Can be challenging to earn a good living
fun place to work
Ballroom Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2015
it was a fun place to work but the pay was horrible and the management was even worse. It begin to be about the money and not about dancing at all.
great work environment
Ballroom Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Its a great place to work, you get a sense of community and need to love what you do. You are exposed to people from all walks of life.
Fast paced learning
Dance Teacher Internship (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 2, 2014
I had never danced a ballroom step before walking into the studio. The management was nice and the workers there were helpful as well. Overall, it was an intense but amazing learning experience. I learned 6 dances in 3 weeks which i was very proud of myself for accomplishing.
Fun Atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 30, 2014
Learned book keeping

Participated in classes

Friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2014
This is one of the first jobs I've had that I actually enjoy/look forward to going into work! The owner and management know what they are doing and are great at it, and they make it fun working for them even when they are pushing you to succeed at your job. We are always working on improving our working habits. I love all the students, all the parties, all the outside events, and the passion that goes around the studio. It's like you are automatically walking into a good mood when you come in in the morning (or afternoon since I go in at 1). The days are long, yes, but they go by so fast and you do so much it doesn't even really matter. I am full-time at my location and couldn't be happier with the flexibility and growth Arthur Murray has offered me!
Pros
Management, The Job In General, The Students, Events
Cons
No complaints
Fun, relaxed environment, and an amazing owner.
Receptionist/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2014
The thing I love about this job is that I am accepted for who I am, how I dress, and how I act. I have an understanding and always friendly boss as well as my other colleagues. I enjoy coming to work here every evening and love being here.
Pros
A boss that actually cares about his employees.
Cons
I wish I could work full time instead of part time.
fun and busy workplace providing dance instruction
Manager/Financial Counselor/Instructor (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PA/Downtown PittsburghFebruary 5, 2014
Each day starts off with an hour long meeting with the staff talking about students, good customer service, sales, problem solving situations and service and dance training. The rest of my day is spent making sales, continues staff training, phone calls with new clients, setting up appointments, scheduling and planning new events, taking payments, doing paperwork, taking daily inventory, and meeting with new clients.
As a manager I have learned a lot about professionalism, what great customer service means and that sales is relating to your customer and giving them the personal benefits they need through the product we are providing. Growing a strong, happy and positive team, striving to make the customer happy, and keeping the work place running smoothly are also some of the most valuable things I have learned.
The hardest part of the job was working towards exceeding the sales of the year prior and keeping the staff and customers happy, Though I was able to do so, it was stressful at times. The best part of the job was witnessing the growth of the staff and the studio and meeting so many wonderful people that made my day very enjoyable.
great teachers, bad managers
Ballroom Instructor, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 25, 2014
Arthur murray is a great place to learn to dance, but not that great to work
Very welcoming, fun, and great environment
Dance Specialist (Former Employee) –  san jose, caOctober 4, 2013
Always learning something new!
Management is awesome
All employees are always happy to be there
Every day is a challenge
They have group classes and dance parties which are always fun!
Enjoyable work environment
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 2, 2013
I worked one on one with the students, to teach a variety of dance steps as well as suitable social behavior. I learned that each person we meet on a daily basis, is different from the last. I now know how to communicate with different personality types in a variety of social and personal situations.
Pros
Company training
Cons
minimal compensation
Arthur Murray Dance Studio
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
I did not work long enough at this company to have a full scope of experiences. However, the short term showed to me that the insecurities of customers returning for dance lessons created stress and discomfort in many employes.
Pros
Creating a positive change
Cons
Uncertainty
Great place to work. Teaching and choregraphing first wedding dance and social dancing was very rewarding to both me and my students.
Office Manager Assistant/Dance Teacher (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 4, 2013
I loved working for my exboss Art Paez at Arthur Murrays Dance Studio of Escondido. He was the best boss ever and very very knowledgeable in the art of dancing and especially teaching it. I would schedule students to come in for their dance lessons, teach the introductary lesson, and sell dance packages for them to continue their dancing goals.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
feet hurt at end of day
fun place to work
Dance instructor (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 16, 2013
This job gave me the opportunity to meet various types of people from different backgrounds. I took pride in teaching them a skill that they could take any where in the world. The hardest part of my job was not teaching steps but having the students be confident in themselves that they can lead/follow any other dancer. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see a student who went from clumsy and awkward into a dancer who glides across the floor.
Fun environment with students and teachers
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaApril 3, 2012
My day begins anywhere between 11:00am and 12:30. Once a week executive meeting ; staff meetings everyday . We discuss the day's business and future events for our students. Sales training is a major portion of these meetings. Dance sessions are sometimes included with training from our studio owner. When the owner is not present, I am in charge of these meetings. Students begin to arrive at 2:15pm and lessons continue until 10:00pm.

I interact with students throughout the day (getting to know them and enrolling them for "blocks" of lessons) while also maintaining communication with teachers about their lessons. I am responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, payroll, etc
My co-workers are great!

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know so many different students and see them receive the many benefits of dancing. In my 20 years at the studio I have seen that we have changed the lives of many people for the better; it is extremely satisfying.

The hardest thing about my job is that the hours are long and with the many "events" that we have on many weekend days, I have difficulty maintaining a "life" outside the studio.
Pros
fun environment with the students
Cons
2 week vacation after 2 years, 2 week vacation after 20 years!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE STUDIO. Our community is ready to answer.