Artis Senior Living

United States130 reviews

residentpartnernurselivephilosophymemoryvoicecare

Featured review

Artis Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Working at ARTIS feels like being with family every day. I never feel like I’m actually working as I love everything about my job! Even the hectic days!

December 18, 2021
We are so happy to have you as part of the Artis Family! Thank you for your excellent service to Artis and for your wonderful review!

Upper management terrible

I worked in management for few years at the south hills location. Upper management blindsided me and the majority of the management team by cleaning house and giving no real reason. I feel terrible for the residents, families, and employees left.

May 2, 2022
While I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your time at Artis, there hasn't been any major turnover at South Hills in quite some time. Our satisfaction ratings are high and we are certified as A Great Place To Work. Thank you for your review.

Artis Senior Living insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

It was an ok company to work for

It was an ok company to work for. Just bad executive director. Overall the only good about it was the work and life balance was good.Don’t know what else to say

Pros

Benefits, pay was ok

Cons

No breaks, bad executive director

March 28, 2022
We're glad that your work / life balance was good. We do require breaks after a certain number of working hours and adhere to employment laws. Thank you for your review.

Stay away do not apply.

Very sad place to work the don’t care about their residents only growing census. Upper management does not have a clue how to run a building during Covid. They work out of their homes and don’t understand what it’s like to be at a property and going through it day to day with the residents and families. They have very high turnover as well.

Pros

The residents

Cons

Healthcare

March 21, 2022
While we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with Artis, we worked very hard during the height of covid to make certain that our associates, as well as residents, were well well cared for and shown appreciation. We do agree that our residents are the best part of this work! Thank you for your review.

No breaks but still deducted from your pay

This company is horrible to work Don't accept a job from something that is two-faced they overwork you under pay you on your appreciate you and then b**** even something else wrong even though you asked them for help. Management will sit there and watch you struggle rather than offer a hand and then show you apart what you did wrong

Pros

The residents

Cons

No breaks but it still gets dedun cted from your check.

March 21, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy working for Artis but in speaking with the Executive Director, she stated she makes sure Lakeview is fully staffed and our pay is very competitive, per the market. Associates cover for each other as needed, and they can also ask our Health and Wellness nurse for assistance as well. If a lunch is ever missed the Associate can fill out a form to request pay so we do make certain we adhere to employment laws. Thank you for your review.

n/a

Great company to work for. Loved the residents and being able to work so close on with them. It gave caregiving a new meaning, and it meant alot to me.

March 11, 2022
We agree that there's something special about Artis (and The Artis Way) and we're glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your review!

Staff team work

Pay is very low especially for carepartners compared to other memory care assisted living. Nurses and care partners don’t have a voice and never appreciated at all. ED unprofessional how to approach staff. Staffing ratio is pathetic for a memory care facility. care partners are worked like horses.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No separate sick time, no paid breaks, no free meals even though hen you pick a last minute shift.

January 18, 2022
While I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with Artis, we do perform a market wage analysis to determine pay, as well as offering occasional sign on bonuses and other incentives. We also have a job description that you sign at orientation that details your job responsibilities as a Nurse or Care Partner so that you are aware of all duties. I hope that you took your concerns to the Director of Artis Way Experience or to our 24/7 Operations Team. Thank you for your service and for your review.

Beautiful facility Awesome activities

Loved Working here great home vibe I created good relationships with residents and families. Management doesn't always show appreciation to staff. They were not accommodating or caring during the onset of the Pandemic toward staff and ultimately lost good staff members because of it.

Pros

Working with Residents Activities were great.

Cons

Poor staffing low pay rates

January 5, 2022
While we are happy that you recognize the home-like features of the Artis community, we feel that we showed staff a lot of appreciation during the height of the pandemic, from thank you videos to goodies and other tokens to say "thank you." And please know that you - and all of our front line staff especially - are very much appreciated. Thank you for your service to Artis and for your review.

Not a terrible place to work, not the best either

As far as assisted living homes go, Artis is not terrible. Some issues with competent staffing and access to basic supplies but it is by far not the worst place to work. Just do the work, and care.

December 13, 2021
While we are sorry that you did not fully enjoy your time with Artis, we appreciate the sentiment - do your job with a caring heart, thank you. We appreciate the review.

Hard to say

We care for our residents but management doesn’t exactly care for us. You can fall sick and they’ll ask you to finish your shift and let’s just say you do but your late to your next shift. They’ll find you to criticize you being late but won’t find you to thank you for doing the company a favor.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Many

December 13, 2021
Management has various associate appreciation programs in place, from Positive Partner of the Month (and YEAR!) to the new Holiday Hiring Special, where associates are also eligible for a great bonus! Both programs are designed to show we are very grateful for our dedicated employees. If you feel there there are other issues, please feel free to contact your Director - Artis Way Experience or Operations to discuss further. Thank you for your service to Artis and for being part of the Team!

Productive and fun place to work when everything works together

ForThe type of work that is required to help dementia patients the pay should match that job description I Artis Senior Living pays way to less for what they expect to be done with combative behavior all residents

December 6, 2021
Thank you for your review. This is why it is important to have all new hires sign a job description during onboarding so you understand your job responsibilities. If you have further questions, please feel free to discuss with your Executive Director or contact Operations. Thank you for your service to Artis!

Great Experience

Great company! Relationships fostered amongst staff and the ability to have a voice. Opportunity to learn Assisted Living regulations with good support.

Pros

The Residents and great working relationships

Cons

Salaries and more training needed

December 6, 2021
This really speaks to the Artis culture of Positive Partnerships. And we agree, our wonderful residents are the best. Thank you for your review and for your service to Artis!

Horrible place to work. You will have multiple jobs.

Turn over rate is huge. Always short handed. Top management don’t listen. If you have a problem it will never get resolved. Be prepared to be overworked and under pay especially the CNA’S.

Pros

Cons

Everything about the place and management.

November 29, 2021
We are sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Artis and hope that you contacted our 24/7 Operations Team for support. Thank you for your review.

Not somewhere you want to work for more than a year

Dysfunctional mess at times. The building has its grace periods but majority of the time it’s off in a catastrophic way. There are way to many supervisors giving opinions on things. “To many chiefs not enough Indians” I feel horrible for the Cnas that work there it’s awful for them and they deserve better I’ve been in that building for awhile and the turn over rate on employees is horrible. Something is obviously wrong and it’s sad for the residents and the folks that work there.

Pros

Nice people easy work

November 17, 2021
We are sorry you did not enjoy your time with Artis. We care about our associates and hope that you utilized our open door policy shared your concerns with our Director of Artis Way Experience or our Operations Team. Our customer satisfaction rate is consistently high and we offer the very best care to our residents.

Respectful and fun!!

I'm a current employee at Artis Senior Living of Bridgetown the management are respectful and do their best to work with you to the best of their ability.. I am happy in my job and would definitely recommend Artis Senior Living of Bridgetown to anyone who has a good work ethic and loves taking care of the elderly!!

November 8, 2021
We are so happy that you're part of the Artis Team! Thank you for all you do and we appreciate that you took the time to write this great review!

Not assisted living as advertised

The facility is beautiful and the residents are lovely. Working for Artis has its ups and downs. During the orientation you will be lied to and told about all the perks of the company to get you to join the team, once you join the team you will see that you’ve been deceived. First off they tell you that this place is ASSISTED LIVING & it’s not it’s more like a nursing home in a assisted living setting. Most of the workers are NOT CNA CERTIFIED, you’re a CNA, housekeeping, & the kitchen staff all in one all while being paid a very low rate an hour. The work is hard. They are very short staffed & the scheduler will text you last minute to come in and get mad when you can’t & will make your permanent schedule very difficult when it’s time to work because of it. The management is horrible you voice an issue you’re having and it’s never addressed. How can it be considered assisted living when you’re getting 16 residents cleaned and dressed every morning by yourself?. That’s not assistance that’s nursing home in orientation you’re told the patient staff ratio is 1:5!. Washing clothes, helping residents to the toilet, assisting them with putting on and taking off clothing, assisting with ambulation, eating etc is what I signed up for. If I wanted to work at a nursing home I would’ve stayed at one. The workload is entirely too much for one person and they don’t care. They don’t care about the residents, they don’t care about the staff all they care about is money!.

Pros

Cons

overworked, underpaid, low pay rate, terrible management

November 17, 2021
We pride ourselves on providing the best experience not only for our residents but our associates as well. Hopefully if you had issues you spoke with our Director of Artis Way Experience or took your grievances to the Operations Team for resolution. We provide a job description on the onboarding process that you need to review and sign as well so all expectations are very clear. Thank you for your review.

Looks are deceiving

The residents and the job itself I Loved!!! I had fun and enjoyed seeing the residents every time I came to work, but the management and coworkers will make you dread coming to work everyday! They will all sit around and talk about people with eachother. They will make false accusations against you, lie to you, tell all of your personal business to other employees that you told to a manager confidentially. Stay clear of here

Pros

Residents, pay

Cons

Coworkers and management

November 1, 2021
We hope that your took your grievances to our Operations Team for resolution. We do agree that we have the best residents and we have many happy and long term associates at this location as well. Thank you for your service to Artis and for your review.

Love the residence

I loved working at artist senior living until new management came. Then everything changed they don't care about the resident of their employees So I had to make the difficult decision and leave the job. It was hard for me to leave because I loved each and every one of my patients But I couldn't take it anymore because of the new management that they hired.

Pros

Na

October 18, 2021
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time at ARTIS but we are unclear about "new management." The Management Team at Artis has been the same since 2012. We agree that our residents are wonderful - and we strive to provide the best care for our residents and our satisfaction ratings make it clear we succeed in this goal. I hope that if you had grievances, you contacted our 24 /7 Operations Team at Artis for resolution. Thank you for your review.

Corporate team does not support managers

The five day orientation is very motivating new hires walk away with a positive feeling. After it is over, complaints of how the "Philosophy" isn't actually put into place. This is a management issue, they do not listen to their employees at all. If you want a job where you go into work and don't have a need to feel accomplished then you can survive here. Basically just do what your told and don't have an opinion on anything. There is no "open door" policy with Human Resources Dept.

Benefits

October 4, 2021
We take our philosophy very seriously and even have an associate - the Director of Artis Way Experience - in each community to make sure that The Artis Way is embraced by all. We also have a 24/7 Operations Department to handle issues that may arise within the community so I am hoping that you contacted them for resolution if you had a specific complaint. Thank you for your review.

A bit down hill

Ever since Covid things around here have been rough. People don’t wanna work, there are lots of call offs or not enough staff put on the schedule so things get crazy and there isn’t enough help. There isn’t a lot of incentive to want to do more or go above and beyond. There is a lot expected of you that you are not told about when hired and going through the training process

Pros

Decided benefits

Cons

Not enough staff

July 3, 2021
We do understand that things have been rough after covid - this is everywhere - but each role has an assigned job description that you sign when offered the role. And we do offer a great benefits package! Thank you for your review!

Laid back, person centered, team work environment

This is hands down the best facility I have ever worked for. We are an assisted living facility specializing only in memory care. Some days can be stressful, sure, but that’s anywhere not just healthcare. I have been a CNA in long term skilled care for 14 years and was looking for a complete change especially after covid. I considered leaving healthcare altogether until I met Artis! Person centered care focusing on the person not the dementia. It’s a very small community that feels like family. You will fall in love with the residents. They are precious! Outstanding facility and fantastic teamwork and they even celebrate the care partners by having a celebration for them when a care partner is nominated for the month for putting into practice The Artis way! I feel proud working for a company that has THIS as their philosophy towards the care that is provided to our residents A-Ability to have a voice R-respecting and maintaining relationships T- Treasuring each person’s uniquenessI-Integrity S- Success and Recognition THATS THE ARTIS WAY! They put it into practice every day! Very special group of people that work here and reside here.

Pros

Positive work environment, team work, person centered care

Cons

Short staffed at times but we always have help available

July 3, 2021
We are so glad you’re happy here!! And we agree, our residents are precious!! Thanks for your review!

Common questions about Artis Senior Living

Answered by current and former employees at Artis Senior Living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artis Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits