ARUP Laboratories Employee Reviews

Good place to work with no education/experience
Processing Support Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2019
ARUP is a good place to work if you're needing a job. Lots of overtime opportunity. Management is really relaxed about breaks, as long as you get your work done. Job can get tedious/repetitive, however.
Successful company and job security. Mostly easy work when you get the rhythm of it.
Processing Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJanuary 27, 2019
ARUP is a company that is well run and provides good benefits for their employees. Opportunities for advancement can be good, but in my department, they were harder to come by. Pay is not very competitive, but they have striven to increase the base pay across the board in recent years. However, tenured employees suffer with minimal raises that barely stay above the base pay.
The diversity
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2019
It was a very diverse place to work! I had the opportunity to interact with multiple cultures and publics! I love getting to know different cultures and meeting interesting people from all over the world! If you do - this is the place for you!
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Company politics.
Honestly amazing
Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2019
I loved working at ARUP, health issues stopped me from continuing to work to graveyard shift, so I had to quit. The pay was great, the people were great, and the work was easy.
great place to work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 31, 2018
I haven't worked there in about 10 years but this is a great company for both employees and their business outlook. The pay was awful but the company had a lot of perks.
Pros
great health care
Cons
hourly pay
Great work life balance and great people
IT Agile Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 14, 2018
It is a great place to work because you are working towards saving peoples lives and helping people. There is a healthy culture and work life balance is great.
A Great Place to Start, but Not a Great Place to Grow
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 13, 2018
ARUP has many of the leading technologies when it comes to equipment and testing. If you are starting out and this is your first time in as a medical technologist, it will be a great place to learn and really set your self up for success. After being here for a couple of years, I can honestly say that I feel that I am able to strike at better opportunities outside the company when it comes.

However, tha'ts not to say that the company comes without its own issues. ARUP has a very large corporate work culture and sticks to many of the old traditions that many find do not work which can turn away a lot of good hard working people midway through. At times, it can feel like the company forgot to look at the actual front line workers and opts to look for just metrics.

If you enjoy the large corporate types of work culture, this is a company for you. They have great benefits and retirement plan. However if you enjoy more flexibility and/or want to grow, it may not be the right fit.
Pros
Great educational tools, tuition reimbursement, healthcare plan is fair
Cons
strict policies, short breaks and lunch, pay is slightly below current competitors.
Awesome Company
Bioengineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2018
I couldn't have asked for a better employment and a company to work for. I learned from the best at ARUP Laboratories and their management. Kudos to the Quality Team and IT Team to whom I learned a lot from...miss them. This company expressed and communicated well with their employees.
Pros
Fun and organized place to work.
Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 10, 2018
Great supervisor with great team leaders. Always willing to help you with your job and support you. They have a lot of resources for employees and their families. A hard part of the job is 7on/7off. If you have something going on during your work week you don't get time off. I was getting married on such a week and they wouldn't allow me time off of any kind for the event.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, great benefits and people, good location
Cons
Pay is a little low, stressful and lots of work.
Fulfilling Career with Patient Care
PATHOLOGISTS' ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 26, 2018
Every day at ARUP was based on education and knowledge, advancement, and teamwork. The laboratory was constantly being monitored for an effective and a streamlined workflow. Patient care was always a top priority and was based around inter-operative consults, gross dissection of surgical specimens and autopsy. The benefits of the organization allowed for piece of mind while performing the job at hand. At the end of the day, you feel complete, fulfilled and can enjoy a balanced work-home life experience.

Want to know more about ARUP Laboratories?

Ask a question
Great job
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2018
I had no problems while working for this company. I would have stayed with them after graduation if the hiring department had work faster to get me interviews.
Fast-paced atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2018
Constant workload.
Detailed accuracy is a must.
Punctual attendance expected.
The hardest part of the job was making sure specimens were kept in the correct bins.
Awesome Benefits!
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2018
Great Benefits especially for Diabetics! Awesome Tuition reimbursement program! Also great Leads and Supervisors! There is a lot of room to move up, just need to have great attendance and quality! A lot of different departments and schedules.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement
Horrible work enviroment
SharePoint Administrator / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2018
Not open to change. False allegations. No opportunity. Bad management. Hired for one job ended up doing something else. Management heavy. Lack of trust.
Pros
ok benefits, nice office
Cons
Management Heavy, no change or opportunity. Pay is low
Large Company With Competetive Benefits
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
The company is large, with a variety of departments to choose from. Pay is better than some companies, worse than others. ARUP's benefits are the best I have come across to date.
Customer service
Client Service Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2018
Call after call
Stressful
Low morale
Benefits were good (they have an on site clinic)
Raises were unfair
Too much work allotted for many mistakes
Strict attendance policy
Great company to work for
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2018
I had to leave because of marriage and relocation, otherwise I would hopefully still be there. They had a great work culture, very employee and family oriented.
Exciting and excellent benefits.
Processing Support Technician ll (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2018
You get to see a lot of really cool stuff in the lab and learn a lot about the samples we receive and the tests being performed on them.
There is plenty of room for advancement and your support staff really helps push you to reach your potential.
They are very understanding of lives outside of work and offer many shifts to accommodate such.
Starting pay was very reasonable and the benefits make it all the better. Plus discounts to movie theaters, museums, The Hogle Zoo, The Loveland Aquarium, and a ton of other awesome stuff to do here in Salt Lake.
Pros
Discounts and Benefits
Problem Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2018
Great way to learn, grow and live the 5 Pillars of ARUP. The management is great, the pay is not. The benefits are okay, the working environment is great as well.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Wages are low
Great CoWorkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2018
ARUP had great benefits and plenty of opportunity to move and grow in the company. I had a hard time with some of the coworkers for harassment and ARUP just pushed it to the side and turned the other cheek so that is the only Con I have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARUP Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight