Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

fast paced but fun
Bank Teller - Deposit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Arvest, they have wonderful training for any and all positions. Great Benefits, They do start work early but you do have time off in the evening so it all balances out.
Hardest part of the job was getting up at 4:30 to be ready for shift at 6:20 for opening.
Most enjoyable? Working in drive thru with my community customers, Regulars, coming thru making it the best part of the work day. Especially when they bring their pets!
Pros
Best Training, wonderful benefits
Cons
fast paced
nothing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 19, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism through this company, your get time off and you cant use it with out feeling bad about it half the time. Mangement doesn't make fair descsions.
Very Fast Paced Job
COMEMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 18, 2018
Very fast paced Job - I loved being busy and working directly with the customer and taking care of any and every need that had . I loved the downtown Bentonville atmosphere.
Productive and fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJuly 17, 2018
Arvest has great hours and just an all around good place to work. You get PTO and normally get approved when needed. My current manager is amazing she’s very understanding and works with you on things that are needed.
Pros
Pto, benefits, and people
Cuture is more than a phrase it's how to do business
VP, Group Region Com'l Collections MGR (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 15, 2018
Arvest fosters a family type of atmosphere and the upper management is not only extremely personable and confident, they are approachable about anything. Management has a way to make every associate fee like part of the team. They provide all the opportunities necessary to achieve maximum potential and success.
Pros
Well Managed, open door policy, opportunities to advance
Cons
No always the best communication from top down
Stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wagoner, OKJuly 13, 2018
When you work at Arvest you will be working none stop with a great team. there is a huge learning curve to learn how to do the job. the system is hard to use and may cause your totals to be wrong at the end of the day. you will get pto just because you are so short handed you will not be able to use any of it. If you are able to use a day of it you will need to let them know a month in advance.
Pros
health, dental, vision, 401 k
Cons
stressful, fast pace, huge learning curve, no set schedule, short handed, you have pto but dont feel like you can ever use any of it.
Horrible Culture
ATM Reconciliation Team/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 12, 2018
I felt like I was in high school. I worked in a department with mostly women and if you didn't try to fit in a hang with the girls your work ethic was criticized and you were written up for sill things. If you were in the "in" crowd you never had any issues.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2018
Arvest is a great company but the leadership is lacking, a couple of higher up individuals are set in their ways that date back to the early 90s. Change is good, we should flex with it, not against it.
Decent place to work, but could be better.
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 29, 2018
They will overwork you and continue to do so until you leave. Raises are few and far between and the workload is very overwhelming. I would not reccommend a job here unless you can take a lot of stress.
Pros
Healthcare, comfortable work enviroment
Cons
Overworked, underpaid
Cliquish
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 28, 2018
There is a lot proving your abilities and "earning your keep" before you are noticed and approached by management. Management is cliquish which results in regular staff leaning on each other for support.
Pros
Good trainings!
Cons
Its all for show, resulting in high turnover...
Arvest
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 21, 2018
Good Company, but all companies are ultimately only the sum of their parts. These parts could use some maintenance. The mgmt. requires a lot of employees, daily, with little to no kick back. Unorganized daily operations, lots of turnover, shorthanded, but fast-paced. Low morale. Has potential but the getting there was not worth it.
Great place to work.
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 20, 2018
I love this job! The company itself is so understanding and willing to work with you no matter what. They have awesome PTO hours and the benefits are fantastic.
very professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there, I was always treated fairly and the benefits were awesome. The days off started very early in my hire time and The insurance started immediately
It's fine
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 18, 2018
It's a job, it's a lot of work and a lot to learn. The health care is pretty competitive, the matching retirement is fine. The PTO accumulation is fine, but be ready to use it to get out of the office if you're looking to stay and maintain a positive outlook, if you want to try for the bonus each month get ready to skip the out of the office time. Management is . . . present on site?
Pros
Paid benefits, bonuses available
Cons
Training
Great Starter Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72903June 15, 2018
Advancement was more difficult than anticipated, but other than that Arvest was a great place to work. Upper management struggled to stay connected, but the front line managers were really great.
Noisy tight cubicle workspace. Hard to concentrate. Nice people and great management otherwise.
Mortgage End User Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 12, 2018
Arvest is a wonderful company with great people. Just poor ops work conditions. Decent pay, good benefits, not much room for advancement. Not very interesting.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Noisy and tight
Nice Place to Work
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here but due to the pay I moved on to another job. The people are very nice and although you have specified lunch times overall it wasn't a bad place to work. Nice place to work if you don't live alone and have to foot for bills on your own.
it was a fun atmosphere
OPERATIONS/RETURNS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 7, 2018
People were good to work with. Very laid back environment. Everyone was a team player. We all helped each other. to get the job done. We were allowed to leave early if work was done. As long as we hit our deadlines.
Pros
employees
i love this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 7, 2018
they give you an opportunity to advance. they only thing is all the departments are very different. I just transferred out of customer service which was very stressful.
Not a good department for advancement
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 6, 2018
Pay does not match the work. Management is sloppy. Lower level positions are given large projects with short deadlines due to management not passing information down. In 8 years I’ve never seen a successful project rollout.