Arvest Bank
58Below average

Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

United States508 reviews
Working at Arvest is nice! There are a lot of opportunities to advance in the company with job experience rather than formal education, and I really appreciate that. I do not, however, appreciate the fact that the pay scale is whack! They say the benefits (which are great!) make up for it, but I pay my bills with money, not benefits.
I often feel like upper management is hard to reach when you need to, but I’m very fortunate that my management team in the branch is amazing!
Pros
Good culture, good training, advancement opportunities
Cons
Low pay, long days
Too much to say. Not enough pay. Long busy hours, not much room for growth. There’s plenty of other banks it’s better opportunities and much much better pay. The managers are not the nicest. Needles to say there’s a reason they can’t keep their banks staffed and the employee turn over is so great.
Pros
Food catered often
Cons
Low pay
I have worked at Arvest for almost 2 years and am very blessed. My managers have been phenomenal. Great career opportunity and with experience you can move up.
They write you up over ever small detail even if your 5 minutes late due to traffic and have proof. They set you up to fail and do not care if you succeed. They expect you to just do your job am not be friendly with other workers . They dont compensate for a long drive. And are not friendly. To their employees or their customers.
Pros
The only pro i had was a paycheck
Cons
Everything.
Was harassed by a Manager
Hear predigest comments

I work very hard to represent the BANK and help customers, but like my work was never appreciated.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The environment started out great, but quickly went down hill. In the contact center it became more referral/sales based. I personally just feel like a number and if I don't meet the stats (even just one of the many stats that you have meet each week/month) they question you about it. They tell you that they will do what ever they can to help you advance, but the moment you ask for something it's oh we can't do that. My advice is to just keep looking, this job is not worth it. It will destroy your mental health
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Everything else
I Loved I Was Able To Learn Here .. The Main Office In Lowell Was Somewhat Prejudice *I Stayed To Myself* .. People Are Jealous If You’re A Good Worker *Take Their Spot* .. The Company Has Good Benefits ..
There is a great family environment where we get along well with each other, as associates. Arvest has a very good company culture. We are People Helping People.
their training is great and so is the benefits. the management is great and i always felt like i could talk to my boss and be heard. the bonuses were great too
I worked here for 2 years. When I was interviewing for this job, I was under the impression that this was a customer service job. It wasn’t until I had worked here for around a month that they starting “coaching” me on selling products. I feel like I was deceived into thinking this was not sales related. The longer I worked there, the worse the sales culture got. More & more they expected tellers to make sales calls and promote products to customers. Even going so far to threaten a write up if you were not recommending products to customers. The managers are not trained well. They do not know how to handle conflict. I had a few horrible managers while I was there because of the high turnover rate. My last manager was not fit for her role. She was lazy and would pass work off on the tellers when she didn’t want to do it. She did not lead by example and when I didn’t respect her authority, I was reprimanded. HR never got my side of the story and completely sided with management. Management protects management. If you’re not management than your opinion does not matter. I learned that the hard way. HR worker told me she wanted to fire me because I angrily expressed my feelings after building up frustration for months. Once again, never getting my side of the story. HR not only threatened me with my job but deliberately talked down to me during the entire exchange and had a hostile demeanor. If you can work somewhere else, I would. The pay is not near enough for the amount of stress.
I worked for this company for almost 4 years and was let go less then 2 weeks before my probationary period was over despite doing everything that was asked. I corrected all actions addressed in the probation action but yet they still actively looked for a reason to let me go. I do not recommend the Mortgage Sales Assistant position to anyone. It is stressful, and not worth the pay.
Great to work here. Strongly recommend they value culture and cohesion. They set you up for success and have lots of steps to improve yourself and set yourself up for a better job inside or outside Arvest.
Arvest is a wonderful company o work for, they provide wonderful training for advancement, they take care of their employees and they work with your schedule.
I thought this was the greatest company until some of the key management left and then the true colors came out. They say a lot of things but do the opposite and don’t value their employees. Just as an example, they couldn’t even be bothered to have the building cleaned during this coronovirus.
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
Clueless, do not fix issues, poor communication
The last department I worked for treated their employees with respect. They cared about each individual and valued them. The department I work in before that and other departments did not treat their employees with respect. After working for the company for over a decade and giving them ways to increase the bottom line the company did not have my back, but instead threw me under the bus and discarded me. They only have themselves in mind and do not have their employees' backs.
I enjoyed my job here, and never felt like I was underappreciated as an employee. One of the few companies I've worked for where the CEO works out of a branch/store location regularly, which I think makes a massive difference in any policy changes made throughout the bank.
The associates here are always caring and show they care as well. You can always call another manager to get an answer and they are willing to help with no hesitation
Working for Arvest is great and you’ll make a lot of great friendships with the people around you. However, management isn’t going to hold your hand, and while we are at it, they’re not going to be able to help you with much at all really. Be prepared for people who have been with the company less time than you to get the better schedule, the better treatment, etc because that’s “just how it works”
Greats benefits. paid time off. promotion and advancement opportunities are common. good culture to work in. It’s very community involved lots of outreach
I love working at Arvest. I can see that employees are not just number, Arvest culture appreciates the employees. The diversity is real, not just on the paper. Co-works and Managements are amazing. One of the best place I ever worked for.
Did get enough training or team atmosphere. Was not happy with the Management. It did nor feel like a team in the department I worked for and I was never appreciated for my efforts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight