Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

They have favorites
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2018
They tended to only promote favorites regardless of skill level. Seniority does count for something but should not be the main determining factor is who deserves a promotion. Skill set should also be considered.
Pros
Cons
sneaky mangement, only promote favorites
Don’t do it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2018
DON’T do it.
They talk a big game but they absolutely DO NOT follow through. Turnover is very high most branches are always short handed. Extremely Micro managing. Very high Sales culture and very “goal oriented”.
Benefits were good but the stress of constantly changing rules and expectations is ridiculous. They gave a “department” for EVERYTHING that you have to go through to get almost anything done.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun Enviornment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Joplin Region MissouriSeptember 19, 2018
No advancement opportunities really. Float Tellers were sparse so taking time off besides our 9 days out was hard to do. Not Managers fault, but regional manager more or less. For all that the tellers have to look for and do while customers are in front of them, I would think they would pay them more, but Arvest pays better than most banks.
Pros
Friendly, Training
Cons
low -pay, high cost benefits, hard to take time off
Great place to work.
Financial Sales Representative/IT Support (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKSeptember 14, 2018
I had a great time while as I was at Arvest. Although, the end was rocky due to speculation. I would recommend working for Arvest. Stay away from the Vinita, OK branch, though.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
There is speculation at times.
Fun People to work with
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2018
Working at Arvest bank teaches you how to manage money correctly and how to become a pleasant customer service representative. It also gives you a general understanding of what goes on behind the scenes of banking.
Pleasant
Loan Servicing Specialist / Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 30, 2018
I am a part of transition team of merger so though difficult found they work to provide information. Though I feel very unlikely of the job opportunities within the organization.
Not a good place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 27, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Arvest. The management is not understanding and very cliquey. They do not care about employees or cater to their needs very well
Good job that can be a career
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARAugust 26, 2018
My time at Arvest came to an end only because I was moving and they didn’t have an opening in the city I was going to. I would return in a heart beat. They’re not the best by any means but they are honest and follow their own rules and guidelines so you know what to expect. Benefits were good and they understood when you needed to miss work because of family things.
Arvest as a whole is a wonderful company
Teller supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 25, 2018
Arvest is a wonderful company. But progression through the company is slow if not non existent. You must wait for others in the company to leave before you can move up and raise a are small every year you basically earn a few cents raise.
Pros
Great benefits and normally a great environment.
Cons
No room for progression or raises.
Arvest bank
Electronic Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work. There are some issues that are annoying and I feel like management isn’t really working to fix them, but other than that 10/10 would recommend.
Poor management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 20, 2018
If you’re not a brown noser, don’t bother applying. They care more about their financial gain then they do about their customers. Favoritism is huge within management, job performance hardly comes into play, if they like you then you have it made.
Okay
Assistant Manager, Deposit Counselor, Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2018
It was a good company to work for where I was able to grow and learn a lot. I felt like I was able to really be a valued employee there. I learned a lot about finances.
Productive work environment, given ability to make my own decisions
Vice President, Senior Loan Servicing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
Busy, had the opportunity to learn a higher level of management, family oriented workplace culture. Enjoy the people and working with peers. Chance to implement many company-wide initiatives
fast paced but fun
Bank Teller - Deposit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Arvest, they have wonderful training for any and all positions. Great Benefits, They do start work early but you do have time off in the evening so it all balances out.
Hardest part of the job was getting up at 4:30 to be ready for shift at 6:20 for opening.
Most enjoyable? Working in drive thru with my community customers, Regulars, coming thru making it the best part of the work day. Especially when they bring their pets!
Pros
Best Training, wonderful benefits
Cons
fast paced
Above Average
GDH Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 31, 2018
Folks are great to work with - smart, friendly, always helpful, and hardworking. The Culture on the other hand can use some improvements - flexibility of work hours for one thing may be a good starter.
nothing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 19, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism through this company, your get time off and you cant use it with out feeling bad about it half the time. Mangement doesn't make fair descsions.
Very Fast Paced Job
COMEMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 18, 2018
Very fast paced Job - I loved being busy and working directly with the customer and taking care of any and every need that had . I loved the downtown Bentonville atmosphere.
Productive and fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJuly 17, 2018
Arvest has great hours and just an all around good place to work. You get PTO and normally get approved when needed. My current manager is amazing she’s very understanding and works with you on things that are needed.
Pros
Pto, benefits, and people
Cuture is more than a phrase it's how to do business
VP, Group Region Com'l Collections MGR (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 15, 2018
Arvest fosters a family type of atmosphere and the upper management is not only extremely personable and confident, they are approachable about anything. Management has a way to make every associate fee like part of the team. They provide all the opportunities necessary to achieve maximum potential and success.
Pros
Well Managed, open door policy, opportunities to advance
Cons
No always the best communication from top down
Stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wagoner, OKJuly 13, 2018
When you work at Arvest you will be working none stop with a great team. there is a huge learning curve to learn how to do the job. the system is hard to use and may cause your totals to be wrong at the end of the day. you will get pto just because you are so short handed you will not be able to use any of it. If you are able to use a day of it you will need to let them know a month in advance.
Pros
health, dental, vision, 401 k
Cons
stressful, fast pace, huge learning curve, no set schedule, short handed, you have pto but dont feel like you can ever use any of it.