Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to develope a career in banking.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pineville, MOMay 22, 2018
Working for Arvest Bank was exciting. They provided thorough and detailed training for all tasks and promotions. During scheduled mandatory meetings, incentives were available such as awards presented in front of other associates and food/drink/games. Very positive culture.
Cons
Sales Representatives lost some incentives around the time I was leaving.
Awesome company!
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 21, 2018
I have been with Arvest a litte over 2 years and I honestly enjoy it a lot. Since 2016 , I have had more than two raises! Other places I worked at never offered raises. You will love the company if you are a hard worker and truly want to help people. I have had managers that were not the greatest and I have had amazing managers! You can always transfer and move up! You just have to work hard and get a door to open for you. The benefits are awesome! You get PTO which is so handy! Another thing to love about the company is how involved it is with the community! I have always loved arvest before working here and now I love it more knowing how much people we help and what we do for the community!
Pros
Pto, co workers, incentive
Cons
Pay
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2018
The pay is the only negative review I will give this company. Everyone works really hard and works well together. The management staff really cares about their employees and do everything to promote a good working environment.
Pros
Cons
Pay
It was very fun working at Arvest
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKApril 26, 2018
Arvest Bank was a great company to work for, there was just no room for advancement for me without relocating to Arkansas. I enjoy the bank life style and setting.
Great Bank For Advancement
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2018
I have worked with Arvest for quite some time;. I may still work there. However, I am considering other positions only because I know I am becoming more valuable within the banking world. Culture at Arvest is amazing. The management is solid, and honestly they aren't that hard on you unless you simply don't want to work. Benefits are solid, and insurance is inexpensive. You really can't complain about that. Hours are flexible. 401K. Profit Sharing. It's a good position.
Benefits
Cons
Lower Pay for what you do
sales driven
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARApril 20, 2018
I believe it is a good company to work for if you excel at sales. Sales in particular is not my forte, but overall a pleasant environment and workplace
Bank teller job
Teller/Deposit Counselor/ATM Dept (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 19, 2018
Again, I made sure that the customer was taken care of with the very best customer service that I was able to provide. Customers still remember me when i see them out.
fun yet competitive
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 17, 2018
I always looked forward going to work. The people I worked with were all awesome people. The customers were all really nice. I opened new accounts as well as doing daily transactions for customers. We were a competitive group and always raised each other up. I moved to a different part of the state when my husband had transferred to another county.
pretty good
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 6, 2018
Work was pretty easy and dependent on what came through the door. The work environment was very relaxed and the team was a tight group. I would recommend working here.
Excellent place to start off
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 29, 2018
A typical day working as a teller for Arvest includes: daily cash processing of $100,000, resolve customer disputes, questions, or concerns, and explore sales opportunities and cross-sell bank products/services. Overall, I really enjoyed the work place environment at Arvest. You are treated like family there.
Great company depending on management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 20, 2018
Arvest is a fantastic company with great benefits and pto. Poor management at my location and high turn over due to people transferring, quitting or getting fired. Always short staffed due to the turn over rate and a lot of pressure from management to reach unrealistic goals or your job gets threatened. You would be better of tryin for a position at Lowell.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Poor management at my location
Say goodbye to having life outside of work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2018
Work life balance is terrible. Management expects you to fill in more than they would ever be willing to when being understaffed. Upper management is disconnected from reality and is too demanding. They hire you with the idea of having a pretty "set" schedule, then force you to work outside of that schedule and there's nothing you can do about it without being labeled uncooperative/not a "team player". Management plays MAJOR favoritism and upper management sets that as the example. Pay is LOW and the incentive for tellers is absurd for the requirements placed on referrals. Each associate is having to take on way more than their job description without matching compensation because of a new staffing model supposedly scheduled around peak traffic, but in reality it leaves each associate overwhelmed and underpaid. The pay raises are practically nonexistent even when you have merit to back up a substantial raise request. Arvest has moved from focus on happy associates to only focusing on happy upper management and their paychecks.
Pros
Pto accrues quickly, free banking
Cons
Pto hard to get approved, pay doesn't meet work level/quality, no paid parental leave, management is terrible
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2018
The culture at Arvest has been the key point in my career. Adequate training and support. The pay needs to be reviewed to match a life balance. This would be my only complaint.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Management was awfuls
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2018
As far as the loan originators, they had management looking out for them. I did not feel that the operations side of the department had any valuable leadership whatsoever.
Ok company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2018
The culture of the company changed over the last 15 years. They used to be your friendly neighborhood bank and now they are more like the bigger banks that take advantage of their employees by demanding more work for less pay. As far as advancing within the company it is literally about who you know and how well you can suck up to upper management. Your performance or tenure has nothing to do with being able to advance.
Pros
Good for entry level positions
Cons
Low pay, no real advancement opportunities
Where to begin?
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 7, 2018
I will keep it short and sweet.

Unrealistic job expectations.
The Higher ups dump everything on lower level workers and expect them to "Deal" with it.

Terrible place for anyone that wants to keep their soul.

The bank itself is only focused on profits. Recommend applying elsewhere.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here a lot. Excellent management and HR. Absolutely no stress and training is excellent. Workplace culture is amazing. Unfortunately I had to resign from this place. Would love to have a second chance.
Pros
Cons
Very Friendly staff and management
Good working enviroment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2018
They provide you with the training you need but, do not apply if you are not good with numbers and money. You have to be very vigilant when it comes to money.
Financial Servies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 23, 2018
Great management team and Atmosphere. Arvest Culture is an amazing thing to see. all of our associates really go out of the way to prefect our daily routines.
Good bank
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 20, 2018
I think that Arvest is a good bank to work for. They truly believe in empowering their employee with training and knowledge. The company culture is great for a person that likes doing things for the team.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunites
Cons
Extended bank hours