Arvest Bank logo

• Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good Start in Mortgage Industry

The company is a good place to start if you have no experience, however you are just a number to them. They are flexible with appointments but that’s about it. Pay is dismal in comparison to what is asked of you. Very stressful job.

Pros

Overtime, annual profit sharing bonus, appointment flexibility.

Cons

Pay, health insurance, management is terrible and inconsiderate.

Upper management and HR have behavior issues

The job was fine work wise.. Very combative and controlling. Sales branch management is an issue. The culture is combative and not friendly unless it suits them. They customers are treated poorly like they don't matter. I feel that if they cared about their workers and their customers that they would thrive. Customers know when they are cared for and so do workers,

Pros

1hr lunch

Decent employment

Overall the work as a contact center representative is very very repetitive. The work environment and management was overall a positive one which keeps you motivated to deal with rude customers. They expect daily goals to me meet or it will count against you even if it is out of your control.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

High expectations

High stress, low support

This job is incredibly mentally draining. Generous PTO if you can ever manage to use it, plenty of opportunities to advance, but overall my experience with Arvest has been one where I feel the job elicits more stress than it needs to, and while my branch coworkers are wonderful I feel like I lack support from upper management to make retail side a more supportive environment.

Pros

Good healthcare, advancement opportunities

Cons

High stress, low pay for what is expected

Awesome place to work.

Arvest is big on culture. The management is supportive and want to see you grow. I've been in three different positions since I started. There is a lot of room for opportunity and managers are easy to communicate with. They actually ask for your input. Even with it being remote, there is still opportunity to get involved and conversations and round table talks. The only con would be the pay for the work load as companies such as restaurants and retail establishments are increasing their pay rate and are becoming rather competitive. Even still you just can't beat Arvest Culture.

Pros

room to grow, culture, involved management

Cons

amount of pay for work load

ATM specials and FSR

It’s was great for the time being. I really enjoyed my co workers. You don’t work the normal banking hours which greats for students whose are working while in school.

*Avoid if Possible*

Unfortunately, this bank is stuck in 1985. Although some advancements have been made in technology it either isn't accepted by the organization internally or simply doesn't work. Example 1: When setting up an account (which is usually done in-branch because it's nearly impossible to do online) the password is usually given on a post-it note.Example 2: Red tape everywhere. To complete the simplest of tasks you may be required to present the need in front of your manager, then to your director. Then create a ticket for the request. Then submit this ticket with multiple signatures alongside a form with literally hundreds of questions. Then, once accepted, formally address the ticket request in a meeting that's scheduled every month. This labyrinth of archaic bureaucracy creates a stagnant work environment where it's nearly impossible to accomplish anything. Example 3: Workplace politics. Clearly, knowing who's who here is more important than the work you do. Do yourself a favor and carefully judge if this is a job you think you want (because you shouldn't) or one you need.

Pros

Flexible with personal appointments, PTO Payout after 1 year, Required 9 days off

Cons

everything else, the world will be asked of you, and when you develop health problems as a result, the terrible UMR insurance offered won't cover any of them

It all depends on which branch you work at and and also which region

A few managers and fellow employees were amazing! Meanwhile working in a small town has ups and downs. Especially depending on the mindset of the people. Being black and a male, I had some harsh encounters but I prevailed. The biggest upset I ever endured was I led my branch at the time to #1 status in our region for sales and I didn't receive a dime of commission even though my counterparts did. I would work there just not in specific small towns. Hopefully it has somewhat changed since 2014

Pros

Great customers mostly

Cons

Small mindset of personnel and some Management

Very supportive of you as a person and an employee and definitely believes in advancing your career if you desire to do so.

Great pay and benefits. Hires and supports individuality and equality. Supportive of you as a person and an employee. Believes in helping you advance your career through education and training and support. Many directions to grow and change and advance. Management is fair and has an open-door policy.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Fairness, Career Advancement, Fun

Cons

If working in a branch, the general public can sometimes be difficult

Good Place to work/bad policy management

I worked for Arvest for almost 4 years. My mom passed away two months ago and I took a week off for that. They denied my vacation for June because I took a week off when my mom died. My PTO was jeopardized because I was to choose between grieving my mom or going back to work to cover my vacation. No one should have to choose between greeting a parent we’re going to work. I put my two weeks in, and the next week my sitter was sick so I had to call in. I got a call later that day from my manager telling me that they were going to make this my last day. I didn’t even get to finish my two weeks.

Jobs at Arvest Bank

See more jobs

Productive and fun place to work

I would work for them again. I actually work for them twice. Once as a teller then I came back and got a bigger position 2 years later. Both positions were great...

They do not care for you

They do not care for you as a human, I recently went through a very scary health scare, I had to have surgery and recovery time. I tried to use family medical leave and the refused! I lost my job an hr before going into surgery! They did not care for my well being or mental state! Awful management and HR is a joke! They do no care for their employees they only care if the are bringing in the money. Was very disappointed!

Pros

Fellow associates are nice

Cons

HR is a joke, benefits are horrible, denies all PTO

Security Dept was horrible

My manager was very insecure in her position and spend a lot of time standing over peoples shoulders micro managing their activities. This position was a complete waste of time. Other departments seemed like a good, productive place to work with good people.

Pros

Arvest has good benefits

Cons

Dept Manager

Amazing environment

They are extremely willing to work with you. Whether its having to miss due to a death in the family, or needing off last minute for a doctor's appointment. They go over the top to make sure you are well trained before sending you out on your own. Management is extremely nice and easy to talk to.

Pros

Great benefits, amazing management

Cons

Great company that exemplifies their core values

I've been in IT for 35 years. I went to Arvest a little over a year ago and it's like a breath of fresh air. Great management that truly cares about their people and their customers as well as the success of the company. Great work life balance-- something I haven't experienced in many, many years. Wonderful people. Transparent, open communication. Warm, collaborative environment. Great place to work!

Pros

Compzny culture, work life balance, great management, collaboration, transparency, 4 weeks vacation, good pay, very stable company

Cons

None I have encountered

Great bank!

They are very supportive and understanding of your outside life! Great benefits and people to work with. They really care for there employees and reward us often.

it’s alright

decent company, my only problem is that it seemed like they were quick to point out minor faults, and ignore major accomplishments/scores, also they will almost always reject your PTO. other than that great company with decent pay.

Pros

easy/chill environment/good pay

Cons

poor work life balance/ management is OK but could use some coaching

Work-Life Balance & Company Culture are great

Arvest has an amazing company culture that spills over into creating a nice work/life balance. Management actually listens. Training is mandatory and very beneficial.

Pros

Family environment among coworkers

Cons

Low pay

Not a bad company to work for just not great

Nothing unique it provides a paycheck, culture is nice. The pay and benefits were lackluster when I worked there. Safety and Security was prioritized.

Cons

short break lack of benefits and compensation in comparison to competitors

Branch co-workers are awesome, Everything else is not...

This job started with the assurance that selling is only something you do when a need is presented, I quickly realized that this is the case, as long as you find a need with every customer... Quite misleading. Regional Managers and HR are out of touch with the boots on the ground employees. The pay is minimal for the amount of stress and punishment that customers give you each day, especially in locations where you are short staffed, which is most locations at the moment because of the fact that other banks are paying more.This is all completely seperate from the fact that their response to COVID-19 has been terrible. PTO policies were put in place but it seems that no one has been able to take advantage of them as they handle it on a case by case basis, and most of the time this results in employees using their own PTO to cover regardless of exposure.

Pros

Good Co-workers, Hour Break

Cons

Upper Management Disconnected, Pay is Low, Stressful

Decent but typical call center job

Decent place to work but perhaps not to build a career. Training is not entirely sufficient to prepare you for calls. Constant learning of procedures. Typical call center metrics on top of compliance with banking laws. One call resolution is stressed but difficult for certain circumstances. Since you are the first point of contact, you are expected to know a little about almost every facet of the company. Difficult to not get burnt out. When I first started there, usually there were a few seconds or minutes between calls and around 40 calls taken a day. Starting with March and everything related to COVID this changed to around 80 calls per day with back to back calls the entire shift. Customer would often have to wait at least 15 minutes on hold to connect with someone. Reaching other internal departments had a lengthy wait as well. You were still expected to meet metrics including selling other services to customers. Supervisors and managers were friendly although not always able to help. The company has started to move most call center employees to work from home which was nice.

Pros

Benefits such as insurance, Pto, 401k

Cons

Not compensated enough, difficult to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight