Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Job
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Arvest, I like the people I worked with directly. It has its pro's and its con's. The pro's out weighted the cons. I enjoyed working for my direct supervisor.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKNovember 25, 2018
I was a teller and worked most evenings in the drive by commercial window. I enjoyed my supervisors and liked the job. I enjoyed interacting with my co workers and the customers
Fast-paced, Community-focused Teams
Joplin - Cross-Trained Teller Float (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 24, 2018
Arvest was a wonderful place to work. The pay and benefits are better than most places I've seen or heard of in the area. The teams are welcoming and the culture is very enjoyable. Occasionally, management struggles due to changing positions, but overall is well-kept. I would absolutely work for Arvest again.
Pros
holiday pay, lunch breaks, employee appreciation, strong community presence
Cons
stressful during busy hours
A Good Career
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2018
Arvest is good company to work for. They are updating the work environment trying to keep up with the industry. NO more stuffy bank feel. The culture is good a bigger bank benefits with a small community attitude. Sales are must to order to get bonuses. Advancement is relatively easy if you excel at your current position.
Productive and lively work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2018
Great company to work for and grow with. Constant growth and change, if you worked hard, you were properly compensated. Management and leadership worked hard to consistently boost moral.
Good bank to gain experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 13, 2018
The benefits are awesome, but the pay not so much. Holidays are not as celebrated at this bank, management is good, and it takes a while to move up the ladder.
Good place to work in you don't need to provide for a family
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 4, 2018
The environment wasn't bad. People are nice and I did like the manager that i worked for. They do focus a lot on sales. The pay is also really low but maybe it's gotten better since I worked there.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
Low pay
Really great bank that allowed a lot of opportunities to move up
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 29, 2018
I was at Arvest for about 4 years and loved it. My branch manager was someone I aspire to be like. The upper management was questionable, they tended to do things that were pretty shady but as for the branches they were run extremely well.
Wasn't treated fairly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 29, 2018
Over all the time that I worked at Arvest I didnt feel like I was treated fairly. The last month I was there I had to take a few weeks off because my mother passed away. The first week I called every single day to update my manager on the situation at the hospital. By the end of the week she had passed away and I had to plan the funeral. After keeping her informed she failed to keep ME informed on the status of my position. I was sent a letter a day after the funeral saying I had abandoned my job. Even though I had communicated with them they failed to do the same for me. So after the funeral i unknowingly didnt have a job to go back to. It's not a bad place to work but I just did not have a good experience unfortunately.
Stressful
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533October 28, 2018
This was a dream job for me and then after a year plus working here and issues never being taken serously or resolved other than a talking or the like I am ready to move on to greener pastures. I applied for a position same title as I already I hold(hope of better hours and Management) at another location, I was beyond qualified (even with recommendations from the District Manager), but it was given to a girl the other location already knew. Even though she had had several issues with timeliness or work getting done...so how is this a merit based work place...well it is not apparently. Knowing this I have discovered there is no way to advance or find improvement where I am at.
benefits
Cons
management, advancement etc
No advancement opportunities
Banker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 25, 2018
You won't get a promotion here unless you are buddies with the big wigs. Branch level management has little to no desire to offer encouragement to their employees.
Sales over service.
Mortgage Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 24, 2018
Lots of pressure to sell, service gets lost along the way. Some loan officers tend to be eternally unsatisfied with the help they receive and freak out over everything. Abrasive work environment when there are cliques and people who have worked together for a very long time that makes it hard to have an “open door policy”. Underpaid positions unless you are top management/executive.
Pros
Pto, work schedule is flexible, profesional environment.
Cons
Pay, leadership, advancement
They have favorites
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2018
They tended to only promote favorites regardless of skill level. Seniority does count for something but should not be the main determining factor is who deserves a promotion. Skill set should also be considered.
Pros
Cons
sneaky mangement, only promote favorites
Don’t do it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2018
DON’T do it.
They talk a big game but they absolutely DO NOT follow through. Turnover is very high most branches are always short handed. Extremely Micro managing. Very high Sales culture and very “goal oriented”.
Benefits were good but the stress of constantly changing rules and expectations is ridiculous. They gave a “department” for EVERYTHING that you have to go through to get almost anything done.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun Enviornment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Joplin Region MissouriSeptember 19, 2018
No advancement opportunities really. Float Tellers were sparse so taking time off besides our 9 days out was hard to do. Not Managers fault, but regional manager more or less. For all that the tellers have to look for and do while customers are in front of them, I would think they would pay them more, but Arvest pays better than most banks.
Pros
Friendly, Training
Cons
low -pay, high cost benefits, hard to take time off
Stressful
Loan compliance (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 19, 2018
Very stresful position. Managers didn't want to train properly very unprofessional. Human error was not an option. Potluck every Fri that was a plus. Office space was extremely small.
Great company with a nice culture
COMMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65802September 17, 2018
Managers overall are good and very helpful.
Not to stressful but there is always something to do.
PTO accrues to be about 4 weeks a year. You can save pto until 600 hours have been saved then you will have to sell down.
Great place to work.
Financial Sales Representative/IT Support (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKSeptember 14, 2018
I had a great time while as I was at Arvest. Although, the end was rocky due to speculation. I would recommend working for Arvest. Stay away from the Vinita, OK branch, though.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
There is speculation at times.
Fun People to work with
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2018
Working at Arvest bank teaches you how to manage money correctly and how to become a pleasant customer service representative. It also gives you a general understanding of what goes on behind the scenes of banking.
Pleasant
Loan Servicing Specialist / Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 30, 2018
I am a part of transition team of merger so though difficult found they work to provide information. Though I feel very unlikely of the job opportunities within the organization.