Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Great company depending on management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 20, 2018
Arvest is a fantastic company with great benefits and pto. Poor management at my location and high turn over due to people transferring, quitting or getting fired. Always short staffed due to the turn over rate and a lot of pressure from management to reach unrealistic goals or your job gets threatened. You would be better of tryin for a position at Lowell.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Poor management at my location
Say goodbye to having life outside of work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2018
Work life balance is terrible. Management expects you to fill in more than they would ever be willing to when being understaffed. Upper management is disconnected from reality and is too demanding. They hire you with the idea of having a pretty "set" schedule, then force you to work outside of that schedule and there's nothing you can do about it without being labeled uncooperative/not a "team player". Management plays MAJOR favoritism and upper management sets that as the example. Pay is LOW and the incentive for tellers is absurd for the requirements placed on referrals. Each associate is having to take on way more than their job description without matching compensation because of a new staffing model supposedly scheduled around peak traffic, but in reality it leaves each associate overwhelmed and underpaid. The pay raises are practically nonexistent even when you have merit to back up a substantial raise request. Arvest has moved from focus on happy associates to only focusing on happy upper management and their paychecks.
Pros
Pto accrues quickly, free banking
Cons
Pto hard to get approved, pay doesn't meet work level/quality, no paid parental leave, management is terrible
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2018
The culture at Arvest has been the key point in my career. Adequate training and support. The pay needs to be reviewed to match a life balance. This would be my only complaint.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Management was awfuls
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2018
As far as the loan originators, they had management looking out for them. I did not feel that the operations side of the department had any valuable leadership whatsoever.
Ok company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2018
The culture of the company changed over the last 15 years. They used to be your friendly neighborhood bank and now they are more like the bigger banks that take advantage of their employees by demanding more work for less pay. As far as advancing within the company it is literally about who you know and how well you can suck up to upper management. Your performance or tenure has nothing to do with being able to advance.
Pros
Good for entry level positions
Cons
Low pay, no real advancement opportunities
Where to begin?
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 7, 2018
I will keep it short and sweet.

Unrealistic job expectations.
The Higher ups dump everything on lower level workers and expect them to "Deal" with it.

Terrible place for anyone that wants to keep their soul.

The bank itself is only focused on profits. Recommend applying elsewhere.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here a lot. Excellent management and HR. Absolutely no stress and training is excellent. Workplace culture is amazing. Unfortunately I had to resign from this place. Would love to have a second chance.
Pros
Cons
Very Friendly staff and management
Good working enviroment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2018
They provide you with the training you need but, do not apply if you are not good with numbers and money. You have to be very vigilant when it comes to money.
Financial Servies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 23, 2018
Great management team and Atmosphere. Arvest Culture is an amazing thing to see. all of our associates really go out of the way to prefect our daily routines.
Good bank
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 20, 2018
I think that Arvest is a good bank to work for. They truly believe in empowering their employee with training and knowledge. The company culture is great for a person that likes doing things for the team.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunites
Cons
Extended bank hours
Great Hours
Bank Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 20, 2018
I was hired on from a temp agency. Really enjoyed my time there till I realized the area I was in there wasn't room for advancement. There were many benefits to working there though such as great hours working 7-3:30.
Fun but stressful
Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2018
We were a very busy branch. The pay wasn't great, but we were open from 7a to 7p so that gave us flexibility in our schedules to pick the shift that we wanted. I would recommend Arvest Bank, but make sure that you are being paid fairly.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay
Friendly, skilled Associates working for an inapt Management Team
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 2, 2018
Most days were very demanding. In my position I supported over 8 applications that were necessary for the daily business needs of the company. This included both Software and Hardware needs as well as any subsystem components needed for system integration. This offered an excellent opportunity to learn and utilize many IT skill sets but created a lot of pressure to perform at an unrealistic performance level.
Pros
Friendly associates
Cons
Poorly qualified Management Team
love the people and the environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 31, 2018
very fun environment. love how the management team are there for you to achieve greatness. We were never in competition with each other unless it was a friendly game. would recommend to anyone.
teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 29, 2018
Would see the same customers every week. Learned names quickly. Employees always in a cheerful mood. Customers made it easier for us employees. Work environment was chill
High paced job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 26, 2018
Customers seemed entitled and depending on the branch depended on the customers you delt with. Would not recommend for someone who has anxiety but is ok for the person who is more chill.
Open 7 to 7
Teller (Former Employee) –  North, SCJanuary 25, 2018
You count money, help customers, make deposits, and upgrade accounts. It is business attire. There are advancement opportunities. They usually hire from within for higher positions.
Pros
Clean and comfortable
Cons
Not very flexible on hours
Stay away
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2018
Unprofessional, management sucks even upper management (VP, DIRECTORS). Pay is too low for what they want from staff. There is no such thing as confidentiality at this place.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Pay, management
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elgin, OKJanuary 23, 2018
Duties included customer service. Performing customer deposits/withdrawls/loan advancements and cash advances. Maintain all shred and cordinating monthly paper work to the approite people within the branches. Keeping track and filing monthly paperwork. File disputes for transactions for customer. Answer phones and working with customers to resolve any problems or concerns they might have.
Pros
I lived close
Cons
I always felt uncomfortable and communication was difficult with senior teller.
Financial Sales Representative
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 20, 2018
Arvest is a great place to work with friendly associates who are patient and willing to teach you what they know. As an FSR, the days are busy and varied. We help customers open the best accounts for them and help them to find other services within the bank. We do have goals to meet each month, but they are easy to met if you put in the effort. The compensation is on the lower end but the benefits are great!