Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Personality Contest
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2017
Overall there is an opportunity for advancement. Even if you have great performance but have conflict with others which may not be your fault this will affect your performance rating.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Have to be a people pleaser with associates
Teller
Arkansas - Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 26, 2017
Fast paced at times and super slow at other times. A lot of money handling and customer interaction. I enjoyed the quarterly bonuses for referrals. It was a great place to work at.
Fast-paced and friendly
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2017
I loved the fast-paced nature of the job. Working as at teller, you interact with a lot of different individuals. Making new connections and learning more about people. I enjoyed being able to see my customers walk out with a sense of care and understanding.
good company
FSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 10, 2017
this was the best company to work for it was laid back a great group of upper management. anytime they came to the branch they came to my office and always spoke and ask us open question about where you wanted to be with the company. I learned a lot just by working the bank that i did know and will take with with me for the rest of my life about saving money and how to manage your money.
Pros
time
Cons
na
Fun enviornment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, OKOctober 8, 2017
I perform several duties per day and work with customers on a daily basis it is a face paced company. Hardest part of the job would be to deal with cranky customers. I enjoy working with the customers.
Work day
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for arvest for a first time job. The environment was pretty cut throat. You are required to sell and meet some unrealistic goals. I also decited to go into the medical field.
Great place to learn the ropes.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka Springs, ARSeptember 26, 2017
Friendly atmosphere with friendly coworker. Pay is mediocre compared to others but the benefits are great so they level each other our. Great managers!
Pros
Friendly environment, free tickets to games, etc.
Cons
Below average pay
Great but troubled growth.
Commercial Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 26, 2017
The best job I have ever had but struggled with changes to the industry and the disruption in caused to the existing culture. Not enough tolerance or acceptance.
Great company to work for
Teller - Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 22, 2017
I truly loved working for arvest. I always had someone I could go to incase there was an issue or I had a questions. Resourcses were always provided and trainging was the best.
Arvest Bank
Human Resources Administrator/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Great hours. My first experience in my desired career field of Human Resources Management. Great training experience that allowed me to move forward once my time at Arvest was done.
Pros
training
Cons
gossipy co-workers
Awesome environment
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Arvest is one of the few employers I enjoyed waking up for in the morning. Leadership was phenomenal while employed there. I couldn't thank my manager enough for being so understanding. A helping hand was something I always encountered.
Pros
Managements, Supervision, Team Leads, Culture, Leadership, Pay
Cons
Training
Great Company
Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Good company as far as big banks go. Management can be motivating and the coworkers are all friendly and positive. My old team was the best team I have worked with.
Too many changes at once
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 15, 2017
Depends on each individual...not a bad company just too many changes at once. The company stopped caring about small company family vibe and started to change to dollars instead of what the Walton's had originally attended to help the community and increase growth through respect, productivity and integrity.
productive
Team Lead - Image Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2017
Data entry was brutal. Thought my arm was gonna fall off for a while there. Understanding about home life issues. Felt open door police was closed door due to lack of assistance I would get
Depending on Where You Work
Input Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2017
I started Arvest as a temp. They were in the process of hiring me when I had to go back home to help my mom. They were building a new operations center in my hometown and transferred there. The difference in the management and environment at the new facility were night and day. It was a great place to work. I eventually moved back to NWA and they transferred me back to the department I originally started with. The environment was totally different and in the time I was there they fired my supervisor and replaced her with someone that wasn't qualified for that position on both a work and maturity level. I loved the people I worked with and they did have me working in several departments to help out when needed. It made me feel good about working there and making a difference.
Pros
Varied Duties
Cons
Salary
Great company, long days low pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARSeptember 13, 2017
Company is really good to customers but don't pay employees very well. They have extended hours so day begins super early or ends super late. Large staff turnover due to pay and hours
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
Long days, low pay
Fun job, poor management.
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533September 7, 2017
Working for this company gave me a lot of experience in money handling and customer service, as well as problem solving skills. BUT, tellers were highly under appreciated and never got credit for the good things and hard work they do. Management hardly ever recognized the tellers.
Good place to work, but could be better.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOSeptember 6, 2017
For the most part enjoyed it. Bank ranked in Forbes Top List. The bank is growing, just recently purchased another bank in Missouri and Oklahoma, some issues though.
Pros
Okay culture, relaxed atmosphere, paid time off.
Cons
"Arvest gray area" (banking rules frequently overlooked or left to interpretation), high turnover, too many alliances amongst some management and lower level employees, constantly understaffed, no sick time off, have to use earned paid time off.
Nice place to work
SENIOR TELLER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74137September 1, 2017
good place to work but poorly paid and bad relationship between management and staff long lunches and no overtime more about speed then customer service
Setting the bar high
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARAugust 25, 2017
Amazing company, amazing people, great mission statement. You are truly valued there as an employee. If you get the opportunity to work for Arvest, just know you have a great place to build a career