Arzel Zoning Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Sale Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 19, 2017
Great place to work with a talented team. Innovative new products, finding new markets to expand into and developing the teams skill set are the focus. A family style business with the benefits of a much larger company. Flex time as needed and no boss holding you to deadlines yet willing to help out to keep project on track.
Pros
Free drinks, advancement, learn a variety of skills
Cons
Fast pace and wear many hats
Be prepared for:
Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 27, 2017
-A typical work day consists of a full schedule of tasks and expecting more to pile up by the end of the day. It's very easy to get burned out.
-I have learned that it is important to not settle for a low income position with high expectations.
- management needs to learn to draw a line between personal relationships and professional relationships
- Workplace culture is toxic. People do not speak up even when they are presented with impossible goals, ridiculous plans or patently stupid ideas they are expected to implement on a DAILY bases. They say nothing, but later they complain to friends about the stupid ideas and foolish goals.
-the hardest part of the job is standing your ground and bot burning yourself out
- the most enjoyable part of the job is free lunch from time to time.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Project managment, culture, direction or lack of
Great place to work!
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2016
I had been with the company 3 years. Management really cares for the employees. They are flexible and understanding when situations arise. Benefits are great! The company has paid to send me to training (cross country) to further my education.
Pros
Great benefits, Small family style workplace, free drinks
Quirky Small Business
marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2016
When I first started I was promised advancement, empowerment, and ownership of projects. After two years I saw none of that. I was also promised a free zoning system, which wasn't really free since I would have to pay for installation. I was not allowed to take with me upon my resignation even though it was presented as part of my compensation package.

I have worked for small businesses for my entire career and understand that family owned businesses are unique, but this one will leave you scratching your head. One minute they are wasting money on frivolous projects and the next minute you can't buy the supplies you need to effectively market the company.

The work environment is mediocre on the best day and toxic on the worst. Communication between the managers is non-existent and passive-aggressive. Communication between managers and employees is condescending and counter-productive. There are no consequences for behavior that most would be fired for at other companies.

If you would like to improve your skills of handling difficult people then this is the job for you. Otherwise you're better off looking for another position.

The one bright spot is that most of the employees have an above-average work ethic that keeps them caring even when management does all they can to crush that spirit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arzel Zoning Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about