Asahi Forge of America Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 2, 2018
My manager had cornered me in the team lead office, locked the door and demanded to see my cell phone. My phone was not being used during work hours and yet there was not a policy for cell phone use. 2 weeks later I was fired for attendance even though my attendance was no where near what there point system allowed. During my unemployment trial, the judge had favored in my decision and it was recorded that I was unlawfully terminated.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management
good work environment
Lead Press Operator on Forging Machine (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475August 2, 2018
overall my experience at afa was a really good one. i have nothing
negative to say about them. i learned to be a team player and not
put myself in front of others.
Pros
good money
Junk for sure
Piece of junk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 18, 2018
I wouldnt work there again if it was the only place in Richmond ky to work. Managment only cares about themselves. They have took most of the vacation days away from everyone and based it on hours worked
Cons
Productive place with a large emphasis on safety
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 13, 2017
A day at AFA consists of physically working with a production press as well as managing the production outcome. I learned a lot during this process and was able to learn a lot from my coworkers as well as what it is like to be part of a team that is goal oriented.
Pros
Health benefits, plenty of celebratory rewards for workers
Cons
long hours, hard labor
Lots of overtime
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 29, 2016
Lots of overtime available, but it's basically mandatory and hard on families. Also seems as if management is blind to what is necessary for the company to advance.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lots of overtime
Challenging yet rewarding
Manager of Human Resources and General Affairs (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 25, 2015
Asahi Forge of America (AFA) was an enjoyable place to work, largely due to the management team and the employees. AFA enjoyed strong support from the home office in Japan.
Excellent place to work
Press 1 Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond KyMarch 7, 2013
Calibrating machines, measuring and using calipers.
Forging parts and to see defects
management and co workers were great
die change s and robotics
Pros
puting my education to work
Cons
company down sized
Hot, Dirty, and unfair.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 11, 2012
During my time there, 4 HR managers had come and gone. My supervisor had continually harassed me while management did nothing to fix this issue. Due to religious conflicts (I'm a Christian, my boss is Muslim) he eventually was able to have me removed due to his changes in the attendance policy. It was changed to a very strict and unfair system in which management could decide on how many points you received for any absence. The job site was an hour away from me so weather played a major part. Vacation days were also changed without employee knowledge. I went from having 10 vacation days at the beginning of each year, to a total of 25 hours. Work hours had been extended to 12 hours a day, vacation time had been switched to use hours instead of days.
Pros
it pays well if you can keep up.
Cons
management doesn't care about their employee's.