Asante Employee Reviews

Company boasts its superiority but don’t care about their employees
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 6, 2019
This company likes to advertise and boast about their superior medical care and practices, especially their cardiac care. “Now go have a heart attack!” said one of the full-of-himself presenters during orientation. That’s not a joking matter, but what was was having a break room without eating utensils or anything. Just an empty room with a table and chairs. No water or coffee for the patients in the lobbies, and management does not care for you. At all. You will be lucky if they remember your name. Cafeteria took away employee discounts and senior discounts for patients. This company is all corporate run. The truth has been spoken.
Excellent hospital with hardworking, dedicated staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 23, 2019
This is an excellent hospital with a hardworking, dedicated staff. Patient: nurse ratio was 5:1 on floor that I worked on. Staff is very collegial and helpful.
It's a good place to work
Resource Pool - CNA 2/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 12, 2019
Being the largest employer in the valley, Asante takes care of it's employees.
I work in a department with many other staff members.
It's hard work, but teaches you good skills.
They were great
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJuly 16, 2019
They treated me well. Gave extra training. Very accommodating. I was on call. I couldn’t sit for as long as the job required. You have to be a people pleaser. Your working under stress to satisfy a lot of different personalities.
excellent hospital job
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 28, 2019
one of the best places I have worked. very clean and inviting.staff are awesome and friendly never had an issue getting help. the additional education they offer is awesome to.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great place to work except...
Patient Account Representative/3 departments (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 14, 2019
Great place to work. Ever changing. Unfortunately it only takes a couple of new poor manager/supervisors to bring toxicity to a team . Other departments may not have this same experience.
Benefits
Cons
Supervisors
Fine place
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 25, 2019
Great organization to have in the community. Very organized and communicative leadership to ensure strong communication from corporate members to ancillary staff.
Uncomfortable and hostile environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 18, 2019
Poor management skills, very Bias and talk bad about and to employees which made the working environment very uncomfortable! Management should be taught Asante’s Values and abide by them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients, that’s what made me come to work every day.
Pros
Caring for patients
Cons
Low pay and Condescending management
Great vision, great benefits, market adjustment volatility
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 11, 2019
Great company to work for. Love the people I work with and for. Day to day the environment can get tense and hectic and there is always balance at the end of the week.
Asante
Surgical Aide (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 8, 2019
I did not enjoy working there for the most part. I thought the culture was toxic, as many people were very unhappy with their jobs. The management were bullies and had no morals in regards to the feelings of the employees. They know that their employees do not have many options for work in Medford, so the management treats their employees with no respect. I highly recommend working somewhere else.
Pros
Living in Ashland
Cons
Medford
Better than most
Staff RN, Neonatal Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504April 8, 2019
Typical day at work is very busy with admissions and many tasks and checklists to be done. It used to be more patient focused but sadly it too has become like many for profit hospitals and driven by patient satisfaction rather than patient care. Recently there has been a new influx of physicians and APNs that do not present a cohesive front and it has become a confusing place to work where something changes virtually every day, to the point that no one knows what the current practice is, including the MDs. The most enjoyable part of the job outside of taking care of the tiniest infants are the co workers who make getting through the day bearable.
Pros
only NICU in 150 radius
Cons
mediocre salary/benefits. No real "perks" other than "branding"
Typical Day at Work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 1, 2019
Greeted Patients and checked them in for their Radiology appointments. Working in a collaborative team environment. Worked in File Room pushing images and working with the IR Doctors.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Worse place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  medford oregonFebruary 18, 2019
management not nice to work for or with, nursing office cold and uncaring of nursing issues, nurses greatly overworked and understaffed, i hope to never work there again
Too focused on internal politics
Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 16, 2019
Executives and managers too focused on personal advancement and avoiding blame and not focused on employees or customers. Too much infighting between business units.
Good work environment.
Mental Health Assistant/CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504February 15, 2019
Very good supervisory staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people overcome their afflictions. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the graveyard shift.
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
no nutritional counseling
Fast paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 7, 2019
Enjoyed my time here, would work here again. Good company to work for. You quickly become friends with fellow employees, always striving to help one another.
Pros
Good benefits
Amazing Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 5, 2019
Amazing Place to Work, amazing staff, amazing middle management! Always working to create and open honest environment. Treats their staff well, bonus incentives. etc
It was exciting and fun.
Phlebotomist Practicum (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 17, 2019
I don't work at Asante but I would love the opportunity to be able too. I did my practicum there and looked forward everyday going there and doing the what I went to school for.
Amazing Organization
Corporate Manager, Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 7, 2018
I loved Asante, very hometown family feel to the hospital. I miss the people and the hospital tremendously. I feel like they really care about their employees, their patients, and their communities. The CEO's are 4 of the most top notch that I have ever met. Just a simple amazing organization. I miss it!
Pros
Family feel, Community based
Cons
Not a lot in the community (shopping, options, etc)
Great organization with emphesis on community
Facilities Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORDecember 5, 2018
Asante Ashland Community Hospital is a great hospital in an even better community. I found the efforts to provide better service for their patients inspiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asante. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight