Asbury Automotive Group Employee Reviews

hare chevrolet is the worst
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 29, 2018
Asbury group may be ok, not sure. Hare Management is the worst. Like a bunch of old woman. GM and GSM are do nothing and rest of Management staff is not far behind. Don't even think they will take a TO or get out of their chair. The special finance dept is a joke. The only way this place survives is on volume from advertising. If they had to work for a deal they would be closed. Too many sales consultants to make any money and Mgt treats you like garbage constantly. Avoid this place at all costs. There are many other places to work that have a lot better culture, training and atmosphere. Lot of nepotism and house mouses.
Pros
very few
Cons
management. higher you go worse it gets
Typical Corporate BS from Management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2018
This company is poorly managed. This company does not care about its employees. Employees work long hours with not enough pay. All they really care about is surveys. Company is willing to give the store away so they would not get a bad survey score at the end of the month. If the advisors have bad scores at the end of the month, the company takes 3% or more of the employees bonus and pay so they can recoup the cost. One thing of note, Employee pays out of his/her commission, discounts,coupons,specials, and various other marketing promotions. Employee also pays for out of he/shes commission,the techs working on the job's salary.
Pros
people
Cons
money
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. Customer surveys are critical to our success and growth. Through hearing both the positive and constructive reviews it provides opportunity for us to improve the customer experience and understanding of how to better serve our customers. Marketing promotions should benefit the employee through the business it brings into the service drive and customer in the value they receive. The return on this investment in repeat business should also provide a financial benefit. Your Service Manager and HR Manager welcome your input and would like the opportunity to discuss with you so that we may improve for future employee success. If you have additional feedback to share please contact us at info@asburyauto.com.

Great, productive, profgessipnal shop
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
It's a Great place to work- Professional, competent co-workers and supervisors makes it a gratifying experience to do what I do best- fix carsLooking forward to the.the opportunities of advancement through training and certfications that only really happen at good dealetships.
Pros
Plenty of steady work, benefits, training
Cons
Working on Saturday
Very productive and fun place to work. The best part is every day is different.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 3, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with Asbury and live the fact that there is plenty of advancement opportunities for everyone. The executive team listens and tries to do everything possible to show they are listening and want to make it a better place to work. Always striving!
co-workers make coming in bearable but company as whole is greedy and aweful to work for
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 3, 2018
co-workers make coming in bearable but company, as whole is greedy, unorganized and aweful to work for, very hurry up and wait type of job, don't know why anyone would want to work 50+ hours a week for company that really doesn't care about them.
It is a drag to get up everyday and come in to work, never know what is going to happen or how they decide to screw you that day. compensation for work is not equal for people doing the same job and all the managers think they are better than everyone and very arrogant.
Pros
Cons
ridicoulous hours, compensation is not worth time and effort and unequal among employees completing the same job, not organized
October 16, 2018

We appreciate your candid feedback and wish to hear more about your experience as a former employee. Please contact local HR at 336-851-3408, thank you.

Family oriented
Valet Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 12, 2018
Very caring management and fellow co-workers. Plenty of room for advancement if you want to. If you work hard and show you want you'll go far in the company.
September 14, 2018

We appreciate your review of Asbury. It is our goal to create an environment where employees feel empowered to work hard for internal growth within their careers, thank you for recognizing these efforts. If you have further insight to share, please contact info@asburyauto.com.

I have been in the car business ove 30 years and this is by far the best
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 15, 2018
Asbury let’s the managers run the store. If the customers and employees are happy and the store is making good money it’s your show. We make the culture and I make it a great place for my team!!! When people are giving 100% when at work they are very happy. When people slack and stir the pot sin no one is happy they are asked to leave. We train our people everyday. I never ever fire anyone, the team member who is not trying they fire them self.
Pros
Advancement
July 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Asbury. We value the leadership you provide to employees each day and thrilled to hear you are building a positive team culture! If you have further insight to provide, please feel free to contact info@asburyauto.com.

Detailer
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 9, 2018
If you are not friends with management or the employees you will get fired. I'm the type of person that I don't speak unless i'm spoken to and the people at lexus of Smyrna take everything personal. Management will talk to you like you're there child and do not respect there employees. Once corporate comes to the store management becomes the biggest butt kissers in the world, its quiet funny. Lexus Of Smyrna SUCKS to work there.
Pros
free water
Cons
Complain about everything
August 23, 2018

We value your feedback and recognize that leadership is paramount in the business to ensure employees feel comfortable in the workplace. We would like to hear more about your experience, please contact corporate HR at 813-872-7696.

New hire
Auto body tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2018
I am having a hard time answering this survey because I have not worked there under the management that is there now, so I do not know how it will be. So far the management seems great. The hardest part of my job is trying to put a car back together that I did not take apart.
Pros
compensation
Cons
extreme Florida weather
Endless Advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgia/FloridaMarch 8, 2018
After 8 years with the private caps I finally wised up. I accepted an entry level management position, put my head down and worked my way up. Fast forward a decade, and I've been the recipient of 5 promotions and counting. I've been fortunate enough to operate 4 different stores in the leadership role, in several markets. The training provided far exceeds our competitors and continuing education conferences are always available. Compensation is commensurate to the work load and responsibilities.
Pros
Compensation, Education, Structure and Visibility for advancement.
Cons
Addictive environment, extremely competitive.
Enjoyed working at Asbury. Great company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VOLVO/HONDANovember 29, 2018
Wonderful people and wonderful place to work ! There is always something to do which makes days go by fast. I would recommend Asbury careers to everyone I knew.
Pros
Paid vacation, 401k, several career options
Cons
Na
I have high expectations for growth and performance acknowledging advancements.
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
I have never interviewed with an employer and felt so reassured that I have a future to grow outside of the position I was hired for.
The hiring manager made me feel as if I could be an asset in an operational role one day and the Immediate office and shop staff was exceptionally welcoming.
That makes an employee become a team member and excited to start their new position.
The HR manager delivered an informative and professional introduction in orientation.
The video message during orientation from who I believed to be the CEO was encouraging and motivational as well.
It's only the first week and with so many biased opinions out there in the industry, we will see.
Thanks Asbury for the opportunity!
Pros
Location, difficultly level, communication, transparency
Cons
Older building, no air conditioning, no computer in work area
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience and feedback on the positive work environment created thus far by the staff and management team. If you have additional comments to share please feel free to contact info@asburyauto.com.

Business Development Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 30, 2018
Asbury Auto Group is a productive and fun place to work. The company also provide free lunches periodically. The company offers Health Care and short breaks. The company has flexible scheduling for those working parents. The Management is understanding and willing to work with work schedules. They are easy to talk to regarding personal issues. The company provide a ping pong table for relaxation during break time and they are in the process of expanding adding more stations.
Accounting personnel are under appreciated
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Union City, GASeptember 17, 2018
If you are looking for employment here, make sure you negotiate your salary and benefits BEFORE you accept your position. Cost of living raises are sporadic and I've never heard of any merit raises.given here
Pros
The dealerships stay busy
Cons
appreciation is non-exsistant
September 24, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience. We have announced exciting additions to our 2019 Total Rewards and Employee Wellness packages and welcome your feedback on how we may improve communicating these benefits along the way. Please reach out to your local HR personnel or contact info@asburyauto.com.

Harassment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Harassing environment. I will never forget how I was on many occasions I was judged, harassed hazed by the team leads management at this call center. I will. Never forget the verbal abuse there, stereotyping, and nonrespect of personal views. I wouldn’t recommend this place for any one who wants a truly positive, non judgmental environment. I hope that people see this and understand that you don’t have put yourself in a position where you are not respected. No one deserves the treatment I went through. Still trying to work past this to this day. No one should be judge for their physical. Crabs in a bucket vibe.
Ap
AP (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 7, 2018
I am a current employee and I enjoy what I do. My managers are always there and my coworkers are great. The benefits are wonderful, the environment is relaxed, and your opinion matters.
Pros
Benefits, Environment, Management
Cons
No clear carrier path
Very Fast paced and competitive.
Toyota Parts Warehouse Specialist/Lead (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 1, 2018
A typical day consists of scanning, unloading trucks, pulling orders, checking stock., shipping merchandise, assisting drivers and operating machinery.

While employed, I learned more about the inner workings of car parts and how they effect consumers.

Management was like a revolving door in most departments, but very consistent in parts.

The hardest part of the job was the constant beating your body takes from standing all day. Constantly going up and down two flights of stairs proved to be the primary reason many resigned.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the brotherhood I formed with my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch, bonuses, and discounted parts for employees.
Cons
Lots of standing, little room for advancement
May 28, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your former employment with Asbury. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the team camaraderie and employee perks of working for the company. We strive to provide the best working conditions to meet a variety of employee needs and your feedback will help us continue toward this goal. For further insight please contact info@asburyauto.com.

Worked in BDC Customer Service
BDC Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 18, 2018
The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. I worked there for over 3 years. After call center centralized and management changed, everything went downhill. The turnover rate was so high. 13 people quit within a 5 month period. Management promoted people to team lead positions, who did not know what they were doing (seeing as how they only had a year of experience with the company) only because they kissed butt. These so called "team leads" used foul language in the workplace and harbored grudges against people they did not like, in effect treating them unfairly. I would not recommend the position of Customer Care Associate to anyone
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else I mentioned
stay away
service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 20, 2018
management is horrible. if you have a problem you are better off trying to solve it yourself. no job security the motto there is if you don't like it leave.
Pros
cool cars
Cons
managment is terrible & no job security
August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience. We encourage employees to reach out when they have concerns and provide multiple sources for support. We understand you are now a former employee, but would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact Human Resources directly at 336-851-3408 to further connect.

The worst job I've ever had!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 6, 2018
I have been in sales all my life and this was my first car dealership they provided absolutely no training they stuck me in a corner and forgot about me. I was told i had to work everyday the first week with no days off but wasnt shown anything. They stress for to get your sales license but do nothing to prepare you for it. This job almost made me hate sales. Oh and you have to chase your paycheck to find out where it is because nobody knows anything. The absolute worst gm i have ever worked with they always talk that typical big money talk its the most annoying thing ever.
Pros
I had free lunch once
Cons
Management, no work life balance, no training, no good sales leads, the list goes on
May 28, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. We are working to improve our training programs across the board to ensure employees have the proper tools to be successful. Your feedback will help us work toward this goal. If you have additional feedback to share please email info@asburyauto.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asbury Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight