Asbury Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Came back a 2nd time.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 19, 2018
I came back to Asbury Automotive less than a year after leaving the year prior. I had already worked for this company for almost 6 years and after working for a couple of other jobs I realized what Asbury offered as a whole was much higher than the average corporation. I would come back a 3rd time if I ever left in the future (which I have no plans of doing)..
Pros
Hours
Cons
None that are worth complaining about.
Worked in BDC Customer Service
BDC Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 18, 2018
The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. I worked there for over 3 years. After call center centralized and management changed, everything went downhill. The turnover rate was so high. 13 people quit within a 5 month period. Management promoted people to team lead positions, who did not know what they were doing (seeing as how they only had a year of experience with the company) only because they kissed butt. These so called "team leads" used foul language in the workplace and harbored grudges against people they did not like, in effect treating them unfairly. I would not recommend the position of Customer Care Associate to anyone
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else I mentioned
I have been in the car business ove 30 years and this is by far the best
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 15, 2018
Asbury let’s the managers run the store. If the customers and employees are happy and the store is making good money it’s your show. We make the culture and I make it a great place for my team!!! When people are giving 100% when at work they are very happy. When people slack and stir the pot sin no one is happy they are asked to leave. We train our people everyday. I never ever fire anyone, the team member who is not trying they fire them self.
Pros
Advancement
July 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Asbury. We value the leadership you provide to employees each day and thrilled to hear you are building a positive team culture! If you have further insight to provide, please feel free to contact info@asburyauto.com.

I'm just starting
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  David McDavidJune 30, 2018
I have not work there as of yet. I can not answer these questions yet. After working here for a few months I can answer these wuestions at that time. I think someone gave me the wrong form to fill out. This sounds like an exit interview form.
July 4, 2018

Welcome to the Asbury team! We look forward to your future with the company and value providing you with the proper resources to be successful.

Fun workplace good coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 29, 2018
Nice place to work the coworkers are nice and friendly the work place environment is fast paced but can also turn into being really slow just all depends on the day
July 4, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on our company culture and the fast-paced environment. While this is a typical day in the workplace, downtown affords opportunity to role play with your manager and brush up on training that will help you be more successful. Please feel free to reach out to info@asburyauto.com if you have additional feedback to share.

Aag
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 29, 2018
I believe this company is a good stepping stone for anyone who one loves sales but more than anything is a good conversationalist. I love the company and happy to be apart of their team.
Pros
Cons
Breaks
July 4, 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your experience at Asbury. We are thrilled to hear you love the company and value being a part of our growing team!

Great successful company, with longevity, very pleasant work environment.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 27, 2018
Great successful company, with longevity, very pleasant work environment. They are very fair and open with their hiring process. They are definitely stepping into the future, in a great direction, of improving the customer’s car buying experience.
June 29, 2018

Thank you for joining the Asbury team as we continue to advance various programs and incentives for customers and employees to enjoy! Please feel free to contact info@asburyauto.com if you have additional feedback to share.

A productive place
Valet (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 27, 2018
It’s a great place to work at, productive place to work at , The people here treat you like family, They help you out with everything if you need help
Pros
It’s Organize
June 29, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review the company culture, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience. Creating an inclusive work environment is paramount for our employees to be successful and feel they are contributing to the big picture. Your feedback is valuable, for further insight please contact info@asburyauto.com.

i havent started yet
driver (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce South, FLJune 22, 2018
I havent started yet so not sure how to answer this . As for the interview the manager that I talked with seem pleasant and was having a good day so far.
Pros
income
Cons
i havent started yet
July 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience at Asbury, welcome to the team!

Good work place
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Not sure what to say here because I haven’t started at this dealership yet I won’t start until Monday June 25th upon my start I will have more information for this part of the survey.
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your review, we are here to guide you along the way and look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Love this place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
Nothing but good place to work can complain onboarding is off the chain this maybe the last place for me to work due to culture and the people this is by far the best
June 22, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience so far. We are pleased to hear your on-boarding experience is going well and you see a bright future ahead with Asbury. Best wishes to you!

Good for Hack Tech.
Auto Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Fl.June 18, 2018
A typical day is wanting to do the best job that you can, and fighting at every turn to get paid, what a joke. Being on flat rate is just an excuse for managenent to make you do multi point inspections for free,,,AKA wasting your time. If your a professional and honest technician look some place else. If your a HACK TECH, and you know who you are, go for it, managenent does not care. The hardest part about the job is staying motivated knowing that your more then likly going to get screwed. The best part is seeing the dealerships marquee in my rearview mirror at the end of the day.
Pros
free lunch on Saturday
July 4, 2018

We appreciate your candid feedback. Flat rate pay allows a technician the ability to increase their pay beyond what an hourly rate would pay. If your hours are not being flagged correctly please reach out to the Service and/or Accounting Manager so that discrepancies can be corrected timely. Multi-point inspections bring added value to the customer experience, in protecting their investment, to ensure the vehicle is working properly and to avoid costly repairs when things might go unnoticed. This also gives the technician the ability to sell work due to necessary maintenance. We hear your frustrations and encourage you to reach out to your Regional Fixed Operations Director as we value our technicians and their view point of how we can improve the process.

Enjoy coworkers
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 18, 2018
Good company to work for. Updated equipment to make work easier to get work completed. Manager and other employees always there to assist you when needed to help completely satisfy customer.
Pros
Work on your own
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are proud to offer the most up-to-date technology for employees to utilize on a day to day basis and value providing you with the best management staff to ensure you are mentored and trained properly. If you have additional feedback to share please contact info@asburyauto.com.

seems like a great place that I will get a lot out of
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
I have not started working yet, but everyone has been very professional with me and I am looking forward to working with Asbury. Management has been very helpful.
June 20, 2018

Thank you for proving feedback on your experience so far with the company. Your managers are there to help guide you along the way while keeping the door open for any concerns that may arise. We look forward to your future with Asbury!

Its what you make it
Sales and Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Company isn't how it used to be. Management is shoddy, but also depends on where you work. Again, its what you make of it. The company can do so much better, but its the car business.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your concerns with management and suggestions on how we may improve overall as a company. Please contact Corporate HR at (813) 872-7696 at your earliest convenience.

Great place to learn sales
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
When I first began working for Nissan the first thing that I was told was that there are two things that people are always going to make sure they buy, a house and a car. Also the importance of these two items doesn't make the sales easier but you would need to know your product as well as learn how to build relationships with your clients. The more you know of the client the easier the job will sooner get.
Pros
You learn to be comfortable with sales and improve listening skills.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Asbury. We value your feedback and appreciate the advice on how to be successful in sales through building relationships with our customers. If you have further insight to share please contact info@asburyauto.com.

Good company to work for and have a chance for growth.
Parts Counter Person (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2018
Fun to work at a dealership that is committed to constantly improving itself. They offer competitive pay for the area and an opportunity for advancement within the company.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Would love a 4 day work week
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on our Total Rewards and opportunities for employees like yourself to grow within the company. If you have additional insight to share please feel free to contact info@asburyauto.com.

Typical Corporate BS from Management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2018
This company is poorly managed. This company does not care about its employees. Employees work long hours with not enough pay. All they really care about is surveys. Company is willing to give the store away so they would not get a bad survey score at the end of the month. If the advisors have bad scores at the end of the month, the company takes 3% or more of the employees bonus and pay so they can recoup the cost. One thing of note, Employee pays out of his/her commission, discounts,coupons,specials, and various other marketing promotions. Employee also pays for out of he/shes commission,the techs working on the job's salary.
Pros
people
Cons
money
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. Customer surveys are critical to our success and growth. Through hearing both the positive and constructive reviews it provides opportunity for us to improve the customer experience and understanding of how to better serve our customers. Marketing promotions should benefit the employee through the business it brings into the service drive and customer in the value they receive. The return on this investment in repeat business should also provide a financial benefit. Your Service Manager and HR Manager welcome your input and would like the opportunity to discuss with you so that we may improve for future employee success. If you have additional feedback to share please contact us at info@asburyauto.com.

A great working environment.
NEW CAR PHONE & INTERNET SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 28, 2018
Excellent company for self motivated person. Timely and thorough sales training. Compensation similar to other companies with similar mission. There is a sense of family and a concerted effort to assure that everyone succeeds.
Pros
High volume
May 30, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear you benefited from our hands-on training programs to ensure you were comfortable promoting the products to customers and delivering great customer service within a family-oriented environment. If you have additional feedback to share, please contact info@asburyauto.com.

know Your A Winner
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 19, 2018
Great place to work, customer services is key, then product knowledge if you can get that down pack your a sure winner at this job.Friendly staff and customers
Pros
Great coffee and free lunch from GMs plus big checks every month.Pay weekly
May 24, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on the Total Rewards benefits and perks of working for Asbury. If you have further insight to share please contact info@asburyauto.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asbury Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight