Asbury Communities Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Lied on interview about patient to nurse ratio
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 18, 2018
No different than any other snf. Worst part of the job was admissions. Instead of admissions being done while supervisor was present, they were always done right before shift change. Supervisor I had has no real training to be in management. The PT and OT departments were amazing and the best part of working there.
Lack of communication
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 31, 2018
LACK OF COMMUNICATION. "Management" will tell the cooks of large parties in the fine dining room only minutes before opening when they knew full well of the reservations. The dictator of dining is a person who believes in favoritism. The sous chef is a BFF of the Exec. Chef who only got the position because she and another "manager" got rid of the prior sous chef ( who was far better) and was forced to resign.
Pros
Leaving at the end of day
Cons
Going into work
Fun place to work.
Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 13, 2018
I am glad; I was part of very talented team at Asbury. I learned a lot over my 10 years. The company strives for diversity and very much cares about their people. I worked at the Gaithersburg, MD office where there was free food and drinks most of the times. The benefits and culture are amazing. New ideas are welcome and you can choose your work to some extent. Good place to work.
Cons
None.
laid back
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 20, 2018
great place for part time work. friendly staff. on the job education/training. flexibility. no benefits for staff. clients were great. great community of elderly.
Caring professionals
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNMarch 30, 2018
Family atmosphere- new model concept and culture. Some very caring and helpful team members. The associates care about the residents like family.
Undergoing a lot of change but improvements are occurring. Much needed stability in management. Good environment for C.N.A.s and nurses. Good support.
Pros
Team work
Asbury is the first facility ive worked at that makes you feel like family
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNMarch 18, 2018
With every nursing facility you will have ups and downs. Don't be afraid to work is the only advice i can give. It's not always going to be roses. People call in often. I think the attendence policy needs to be enforced. I love the family environment and the team work. Your job is what you make it. If you are a negative person of course your job will suck.
Asbury has had alot of employees leave and come back. That speaks for itself.
Pros
benefits, pay, family atmosphere, beautifully remolded, free gym
Cons
Too relaxed with the attendance policy, clinical mentors
Poor working conditions
Dining Attendant (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDMarch 4, 2018
Poor working conditions. Long hours. Low wages. Management is very poor. Cut throat. Promotions are given to friends. Managers will fire you without a cause and then lie about it so you will not receive.unemployment. Unemployment will protect the liars.
Pros
Terrible place to work.
Cons
Do not work in the kitchen. Horrible.
Turnover
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Stressful, cut throat. Horrible atmosphere. No team work, inadequate staffing, patient deserve better care. Pay good. But not worth the stress, gossip and favoritism.
Pros
Pay, gym
Cons
See above
Cut throat
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 4, 2018
The people in the human resource do not look out for the employees and follow the HIPPA practices. The people are not trained in the medical buildings and the security personal have little knowledge of security.
Pros
The residents are nice
Cons
not breaks, alot of work, not paid well
Love clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Home servicesJanuary 13, 2018
Provided care to residents in their homes with the home services company, Inverness At Home. Relaxed, non stressful and lovely clients. I had one client that I asked to be removed from due to client speaking rude and condescending attitude but most people are humble and kind to everyone. There are clicks there but for the most part, I work only with my clients. Management is always supportive and will have your back. Calling out of work due to illness is never a problem. I love caring for the elderly but I do not like clicks or gossip and that just goes with the territory. Unless I go back to school to be a RN, not much growth. Absolutely worst part is low pay and no benefits.We CNA's are worth more than $10.50 an hour. Target pays $11.00, so I may have to resign.
Pros
Christian, friendly environment
Cons
low pay & no benefits
A long busy day at the office
Senior Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 8, 2018
I get in early and from putting out fires to my personal work, things get done. I also answer phones and answer emails and then I key invoices until I go home. Each day is different but I have the same fast paced environment daily.
Pros
staff
Cons
Communication from management to employees
Awful
Resident Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 30, 2017
A- Absent management. Refuse to come out of their offices. Good luck finding them on campus.
W- Weak communication.
F- Favoritism.
U- understaffed and unprofessional.
L- LOW workplace morale. Everyone is miserable at this place.

They need to clean house. Current administration is horrible!
Pros
PTO accrues quickly BUT you’ll never be able to use it because they are so short staffed.
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Management.
Sales Marketing (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 16, 2017
Working at Asbury is much like the movie Mean Girls. Management is unprofessional as well as toxic. Seems the philosophy is heads in the bed when it comes to residents. Corporate is even worse that local. Change is much needed.
Pros
No e
Cons
Toxic environment
Terrible culture despite touting it as great
management (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 11, 2017
At the Gaithersburg community, the new leadership brags about "treating everyone like family" but in truth, it's cut-throat and most people are fearful of speaking up in order to protect their jobs. Frontline associates truly care about residents and do their best but upper management is terrible, two-faced, and out of touch. Constant tension with the corporate office who are similarly self-promoting and self-important.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
unhealthy work culture
Terrible
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 2, 2017
Poor management, no training, overworked, underpaid, and poor nursing skills. Very political, favoritism a major issue. Staffing and call ins are a major issue as well. Even communication with new admissions and their families is very poor. Position not properly described in the interview process. Management expects your family to come in second and for employees to drop their personal lives at the snap of the fingers. Very disappointed over all.
Pros
Renovations
Cons
Everything else
Family oriented. Great pay. Best facility I have worked for in the last 10 years!
CMA (Current Employee) –  Solomons, MDAugust 23, 2017
Great pay. Good communication. Beautiful facility. I have been at this facility for 5 years now and is best far one of my best employers. Flexible and they accommodate your needs.
Pros
Benifits, Pto
Cons
Short staff at times
Disappointing
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMarch 30, 2017
Management is very poor. Very political, favoritism and targeting of staff members that are unpopular with upper management. Under paid and over worked. Company doesn't seem to care about the residents. Company caters to wealthier residents.
Cons
Toxic work environment.
LOVE everything about this company!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Solomons Island, MDFebruary 15, 2017
I worked as a Staff Nurse at Solomons Island, in the Rehab Unit. Everything was top-notch. Very well-organized system. The training was more than adequate; they really made sure that I was prepared for the job. Answered any questions I had, reviewed difficult tasks until mastered. Continuing education, as well as educational reimbursement/scholarship opportunities are available. The pay is outstanding! Advancement is provided and encouraged. Computer system (Vision) is extremely user-friendly. Supplies are well-stocked; equipment is well-maintained, and all is top-of-the-line. Scheduling is done monthly; PRN pool is plentiful, so time off is easy to manage. The facilities and grounds are beautifully maintained. Employees are allowed to use amenities on their off-time for free-- pool, gym, fishing pier, etc... Benefits are great as well. Admin and staff truly care about residents, and each other, and work together to provide the best of care. If I wouldn't have moved to SC, I could have easily stayed until retirement!
Pros
Great pay, benefits, staff, facilities, amenities, and training.
Cons
None at all!
Stagnant Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 18, 2016
Asbury has been around for a century. Things dont really change much and advancing in your career takes more years than necessary
Excellent organization to work
Director of Corporate Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 10, 2015
Excellent organization to work with lots of growth opportunities. Organization take good care of patients/residents/associates.