Asbury Place Employee Reviews

Great Co-Workers, but management will stab you in the back.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 4, 2019
I worked in the dining department. They worked with my schedule when needed. But whenever they could the management would throw you under the bus. They don't listen to CNAs, Nurses or any staff below them for that matter. They're rude to you and look down upon you. My fellow co-workers however were, for the most part, friendly and I would consider them friends. The residents are nice and you grow a relationship with them. If you work here you will form many friendships but be wary of the upper management. They only care for themselves.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Political environment, poor management, lack of respect
We have a strong team in the maintenance department
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
Check computerized work orders.
Assemble required materials.
Learned how a healthcare facility operates.
They only want to fix the bare minimum
.Never have materials in stock.
The best part is getting to know residents
Pros
paid time off
Cons
lack of management
Relaxed but not as much Friendly
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Lack of equipment for residents. Hours was great until now, which is causing a problem for my house hold. It really help me alot to see if this is the field I really want to work in. And it is. Nothing is wrong with it much but lack of communication with staff members and Administrators.
Poor Management
LPN- Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 19, 2018
The company sells the new employees on a bunch of lies and dreams. They have you do orientation in a new build home on site and tells you this is the type of environment you will be working "Amazing feeling" until you are place on a floor in the healthcare center, in which all employees are sent to, an to realize it is terrible. Always short staff 1 nurse 2 aids if you are lucky that day to a ratio of 32 patients. Management is negligent and poorly trained, the facility has had 3 DON's and 2 Administrators in the last 6 months. The facility has also received multiple J tags in sep 2018. Management in eluding DON, Administrator, Mentors and shift supervisors act as if there positions only exist 7-3 mon-fri. Weekend staff are left to fend for them selfs with no backing from anyone in a higher position. Multiple accounts of abuse and negligence are swept under the rug to protect upper management and of course not to mention it is always the lower staffs fault for every mishap in the building. NURSES BEWARE ( This place will put your license in jeopardy anytime you step on the floor). Oh and they try to sell the hope and dream they are working on things and that the facility will get better but we all need to be a team! Haha that is a joke also.
Cons
Poor Management, Short staff, Poor Training
Needs better management
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
Asbury is not aplace for people who actually come to work. Its a place where friends come to play around and gossip all day. Management wants to pick and choose sides.
great benefits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 21, 2018
Asbury has great benefits and good work envirment. 401k, group life, retirement, health, vision, dental just to name a few. Managment will work with you. we only work 8 hour shifts.
Work Environment
Social worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 10, 2018
Working at Asbury Place Kingsport is a very fast passed environment and can be stressful if you are not organized. There are a lot of meetings that take up a good amount of your day. Which can put you behind in your daily tasks.
Cons
To many meetings
Slow-paced, but competitive
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I only worked for Asbury Place for a short time because the administrator was very competitive. I was the assistant, and could not take the initiative to help the residents. Was verbally threatened by the administrator.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Administrator was competetive
Executive Assistant
Campus Executive Assistant & Resident Liaison (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 20, 2017
I worked with the leadership team and the Executive Director to lead and guide the employees. We did this to ensure the residents were taken care of on a daily basis. The toughest part of the job was when the residents passed away. The greatest part of the job was getting to know the residents and helping them in anyway possible.
Pros
Loved the Residents
Cons
Residents passed away
meaningful work with senior adults
Director of Lifestyles and Wellness (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 10, 2017
Opportunities to provide meaningful service to senior adults at all levels of care. Also opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally
Laid-back and enjoyable place to work
WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 26, 2017
I worked in the dining department at Asbury, and I found it to be a fulfilling, enjoyable job. I began working there in high school, so while it was never my intended career choice, it has been an enjoyable place to work. The residents make it worthwhile, and it is good to feel like you are doing work that is appreciated by the customers, and others around you. I would recommend Asbury Place to others.
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 17, 2017
Love the residents and employees. Friendly environment. Competitive pay. Treat employees with respect and make them feel like they are a part of the company and not just another number.
Great place to work!
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 1, 2016
This facility is one of the best places for continuing care for the aging and elderly. The staff and leadership is some of the most caring and compassionate people you will ever meet. Very professional and dedicated to the health and comfort of the residents they serve.
Good co-workers bad management
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers they are a hard working group that wishes the best for the residents. But, management does not listen to staff when voicing concerns of short staffing, or requesting extra assistance with uncontrollable, confused residents and offers little solutions to difficult situations. Most of the nurses have left or been fired that I started with 7 months ago. Also staff that work 12hour shifts are docked 1 hour every shift for breaks we can't take because too busy.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bottom-line driven management
Dining - Maryville TN (former Employee)
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 6, 2016
Loved the job when I was first hired. Adavanced quickly because I was willing to do the job. The longer I worked the more unstability I found in the main structure in dining. Was taught to basically lie to residents. Tell them what they want to hear, was a main quote I heard alot. I did not like how I became unemployed, but thankful that I myself do not remain there lying to residents and not fullfilling a duty of respecting their rights.
Pros
Good hours, Good Insurance
Cons
Management Lies and disrespects their employees
I loved my residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 3, 2016
It was a great job as far as taking care of my people. It was extremely stressful at time, but you got use to it. Management and supervisors a joke. Low pay and overwork load. Look in another direction.
Pros
Some team work and loved my work
Cons
Management is and will always be horrible
Unorganized but Friendly Work Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 7, 2015
Great Teamwork, Flexible Schedule, always option for Overtime. Caring Managment. Hardest part is time managment. Staff currently being aides on the floor, showers and restorative duties.
Pros
TEAMWORK & Flexible Schedule
Cons
Staffing
Regular daily routine with fun loving residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 24, 2015
Regular paced workplace with a regular routine that was easy to follow. Learned many new things about cooking and food preparation. The management does a good job with keeping the staff and residents healthy and happy. The coworkers were very helpful if extra assistance was needed. The best part of my job was the conversations and relationships you have with the residents. The hardest part of my job was getting attached to the residents and them passing away.
Pros
Learn more food skills, create new relationships
Cons
Odd shift to work, healthcare benefits
Ok Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 19, 2015
Clock in, get the review from the nurses and other fellow CNA's. Answer call lights and help who needs help with their daily life activities. I learned from working at Asbury Place to respect our elders with the dignity they deserve. Management had lack of knowledge to compensate for the over whelming needs of a nursing home establishment. My co-workers and i worked as a team and made sure our residents were given the best care humanly possible. The hardest part about my job was watching how the residence deteriorated in front of me but the most enjoyable part about my job was seeing how much joy i brought to the residence by just being there caring for them.
Cafe Worker
Cafe associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2015
Daily Prep for making meals
preparing cash register for daily transactions
all management was helpful with allowing me to place my own orders
3 times a week I would have a co-worker assist me with cooking made to order meals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No actual breaks