Asbury Solomons Employee Reviews

A great place to learn and grow in compassion
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDFebruary 18, 2019
I learned a lot working for this company about how treat people well. I was very fortunate that they employed me in my first position on the medical side of health care because that is uncommon. They were careful to hire me and to promote me and I appreciated the care they took. It showed me that they cared about who worked for them, that they were cautious and did not scramble to simply "fill a space" but made sure that space was filled by someone who would benefit care outcomes, uphold the standards of the profession and ultimately benefit the customers that they serve. That mattered to me.
Pros
High standards and expectations
Cons
hostility among lower-level staff
Ethics
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDFebruary 15, 2018
There was not a doctor on site. Nursing had to write orders through verbal orders and doctors came once a week to assess patients and sign off the orders.
Terrible Management
Utility Worker/Dining Attendant (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 10, 2018
Terrible company to work for. Do not work in the kitchen!!
If you get a job in health care, do not work in the kitchen. Management tends to promote their friends!!! Cursing and disrepectful environment. I worked for this company for 4 years. They fired me without a cause and then lied about it so I would not receive my unemployment benefits.
Residents are sweet. Totally not worth it. Dog job. If you work for this company make sure you do it for a little while and leave as you possibly can. Management and human resources are complete liars. Trust no one.
Pros
Make your money and leave
Cons
Terrible Management and working conditions!!
Great place to work!
Certified Medicine Aide (Current Employee) –  Solomons, MDSeptember 1, 2017
My days are very busy but so rewarding. Team work is a big plus at this facility as all staff is there to accommodate the residents. Asbury has also been accommodating to my school schedule and offer scholarships to those who wish to advance in their nursing career. Like most jobs there are its ups and downs, however, I am more than happy with my experience at this facility.
Pros
Schedule, yearly raise
Caring Residents and coworkes
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDAugust 21, 2017
I loved working here as a Companion to the residents and in the beginning management was wonderful but towards the end the management in the home care department was unprofessional and inexperienced so I received my CNA/GNA and transferred to the Health Care.

I actually enjoyed working with all my co-workers.
The patient care was definitely harder.

I never worked at a place where almost everyday a coworker called out sick. That of course made the work load a lot harder for everyone else.

I felt bad for the patients because there wasn't enough one on one time to give.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) (Current Employee) –  Solomons, MDJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work includes waking up residents in the morning, bathing them, cleaning their rooms and making beds if needed, helping residents get dressed, and assisting with Activities of Daily Living. For an evening shift the only difference is turning down the beds for the residents, assisting residents into their pajamas, and bathing them before bed if specified.
I learned how to work within a team, how to go up the chain of command if an issue presents itself, I learned how to communicate with residents and respect their privacy when performing tasks during my shift.
0 complaints about management
The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to form relationships not only with the residents but with the staff all over the continuing care facility.
Fun and Productive work environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDMay 24, 2017
This is one of the best places to work at. The management is very friendly and they want you to succeed.The job itself is very fulfilling and it is like you are not even working because it is such a good work environment.
Pros
Cons
N/a
nice people to work with
Lead Pca/office (Current Employee) –  Solomons, MDMay 23, 2017
It is a nice place to work,the people are great.typical day is easy going,nice pace.Ther are computer courses that you take on the computer every month to keep you up to date on things that you have learned.Management is great,work place culture is good.The hardest part of the job is getting attach to the resident,and the joy of the job is getting to know everyone.
Homey Environment. Everyone knows eachother.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solomons, MDSeptember 8, 2016
This is a great place to work if you like knowing everyone you work with and enjoy a caretaking environment. Everything done at Asbury is to improve the life of the Residents who live there.
Not a great place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Asbury SolomonsNovember 14, 2015
After being hired, Asbury sounded like the job of my dreams. They hammer in the notion that "the residents come first" and since I strongly agree with this way of thinking, I jumped on board. Unfortunately I would find out that wasn't the case. I worked in the new pub and I worked under a company that runs the kitchen/grille/pub/dinning room called Sodexo. Sodexo is a poorly managed company who sees no need in becoming exceptional, mediocrity is their creed. Their management lies blatantly to the residents and I found out that putting the residents first was not high on their check list as "this is a business" or so I was told. My concerns that the residents expectations were not being met seemed of no interest to the management team. I was working on weekends mostly alone with no management anywhere in sight. When I would be asked by residents "where is your help/management? " I would tell them the truth, that there was no help/management in the building, then I would be told by management not to tell the residents that. "There is always a manager here" is what I was told to say, which was a lie and I would not conform to their incessant half truths and blatant lying. So once I handed in my 2 week notice, they messaged me to call and after working 2 shifts after putting in my notice they told me that my services were no longer needed. No exit interview and the "director of dinning" never spoke to me after I put in my notice. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful the residents at Asbury are, they were the only reason I stayed as long as I did, they are intelligent, kind,  more... sweet and uplifting! Unfortunately Sodexo is none of these things, they put on a good show for banquets and catering but day to day management is lazy and incompetent.  less
Terrible management but overall a great work experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDMarch 24, 2014
When I first started I was pleased with the job. Management seemed great, the other servers all got along with eachother, and the residents for the most part were kind to us. Then we got new management and they had no idea what they were doing and it became a total disaster for those who had been there for awhile already. Needless to say, we all searched elsewhere for jobs.
Pros
The relationship with residents are nice, fast paced enviroment for the most part, get to use the free gym 24/7, the pay is more then minimum wage when you are first starting out, the servers are very family oriented and we all got along.
Cons
short breaks (half the time they dont let you get a break), the management absolutley sucks and human resources did nothing about it, the only available shift is 4pm-830pm, you are not allowed to accept any kind of tip from your tables, they write you up for dumb reasons, there are not many promotion opportunities for anyone