ASC Retail Merchandising Services Employee Reviews

The reviews are correct-- poor management abounds!
Field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
I worked for the company for 6 months and had three "managers" with the last being the worst. The first two were just fine. My work was always impeccable and never questioned until this new manager showed up. From the start she gave me the side-eye until she saw my work and realized that I'm actually that good. On my last assignment, there was a stock discrepancy. Stuff happens but this manager refused to even acknowledge my side of the issue and I was told to return to the store to 'finish' in a very unprofessional manner. We went back and forth a bit but it just wasn't worth the $12 so I quit. I told them they could keep it even though I did get paid in the end. If I had the same AM throughout, this review would be much better, but apparently the good ones are few and far in between. So don't even waste your time.
Pros
Easy, fun work
Cons
Poor management
Insult to my intelligence
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 31, 2018
I was hired to work at a store nearby. When I arrived there was no new shipment in the stockroom per the stockroom staff and none that I could find. So I tidied up the existing display, took pics, etc. Later in the week I offered to go to a store 30 miles away just to get the experience; however, again there was no new stock in the stockroom and I cleaned up the existing display, etc. One week later I got a call that I am not getting paid because the job wasn't completed. In my opinion this company is looking for free labor and the labor board should be aware of their work ethics. I feel used and highly insulted for going above and beyond to find out it was all for nothing, Certainly not worth all my gas and non-payment of $13 x 2 hours.
don't take the job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 29, 2018
poor management, low pay, stressful due to lack of employee support and training The management is absolutely the worst I have ever worked for. Don't take this job!
Pros
nothing
Cons
Too much to mention
Worst merchandising company I have worked for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 23, 2018
ASC expects far too much for too little pay. I merchandised belts for Meijers stores. I had 5 -8 racks in each store and 1 hour per store to do them at $12 per hour. When I arrived, the belts would be in a complete mess; easily a 5 hour job per store to do it right; I would take a photo and send it requesting more time, then would receive only 1/2 hour more. I would do what I could in the time allotted, then the stores would be disappointed that it wasn't done better. 2 months and I left.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Unrealistic goals
No training and little work
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 28, 2018
This is one of the worst merchandising jobs I have ever worked for.There is no training and the hours are non existent.And if you don't get the right pictures you don't get paid.very shady practices from a place where my highest paycheck was $110
Not worth your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sherman TXMarch 8, 2018
Horrible scheduling and communication. Nit worth having 1 project a month. Pay is norm but you just don't get hours like I was thinking. Constant trouble with website and downloading photos.
Cons
Hours, pay, scheduling
Run, worst company ever, they will not pay you if you do not do a perfect job, no mistakes!
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYDecember 1, 2017
The absolute worst, I can't get paid because I didn't do before pictures however I had after pictures and a signed and dated worksheet from the store manager stating that it was done and done well as well as after pictures, but that's not good enough, plus they have gave me an unrealistic time to complete the job in.
Not worth th time
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 27, 2017
The expectations of working here are ridiculous. The company does not get consistent contracts. When it loses contracts or cuts back it expects you to work for $6.00. This includes your travel time, gas and everything else you pay for to get to the job site. Then it wants to pay you $6.00. Bye Felicia.
Pros
Cons
Numerous

Want to know more about ASC Retail Merchandising Services?

Ask a question