ASC Services Employee Reviews

Regular Work But Low Pay, Unreliable Paychecks & Terrible Office Culture
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 20, 2019
I worked for ASC Services for more than a decade as an in-home transcriptionist. In that time, despite being a dependable, conscientious employee, I endured many pay decreases. The excuse was always to match market conditions, or because of a downturn in the economy. However, the pay was never increased when the economy recovered.

While I appreciated having regular assignments that provided a steady stream of income, I often had to wait three weeks or even longer for paychecks that were supposed to come every two weeks. (For some reason, the paychecks are still mailed in this age when everyone else pays via direct deposit or Paypal.)

The deadlines to turn around assignments have become longer over the years, which is the only good thing. However, lately, the editor has been denying payment for even small, easily corrected mistakes, such as a misspelled name, or the failure to immediately implement a brand-new formatting demand. It seems as if there is an effort to find excuses to not pay for services rendered.

I would definitely not recommend working for this company. Your hard work will not be appreciated.
Pros
Can provide steady work for freelancers.
Cons
Poor pay, poisonous work environment, infrequent paychecks