Ascena Retail Group Employee Reviews

flexibility but could use more culture
Sourcing Manager, Western Hemisphere (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHNovember 13, 2018
work life balance is great as the company gives you tools to work remotely if needed. The culture however is a bit lacking. The company needs to encourage it's employees to interact and build a more family environment.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHNovember 10, 2018
Great company to work for. Good work/life balance. Good compensation. Great culture with many associates having a long tenure with the company, they care about their people.
Quick paced, good place to work, lack of upward mobility
Marketing Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2018
Quick paced retail environment, collaborative environment. Lack of understanding of career growth and upward mobility within the company. Overall good place to work.
Fun workplace
Justice Tween Brands (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CANovember 5, 2018
Work was always fun, employer always used to be kind and nice, manager always wanted o best for the customers and employers, i gain a lot of experienced through this store.
awesome workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INOctober 25, 2018
the most enjoyable place i have ever worked, i love it there staffing is amazing and the people there are so sweet, and as long as you do your job right you have no problems what so ever and maintane a good example for the company.
sla based employment
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INOctober 1, 2018
Not a consistent place to work especially if you need a set schedule, sent employees home a lot, good benefits discounts and raises. Good place to work if you need part time.
Work with no security
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHSeptember 27, 2018
In my time at Ascena, i witnessed a very large and continuous influx in hiring, and by direct result there was less and less work. In the past 2 months there’s has been several “vto”s(voluntary time off) and company wide shutdowns. And still the hiring continues as the work continues to Ebb
Pros
Decent pay and vacation
Cons
Poor work environment, lack of work and job security
Best "factory" job area could offer.
Unit Processor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INSeptember 26, 2018
Most days, this job was the best thing to ever happen to someone. I think HR and higher up people need to ACTUALLY listen and take their employees seriously. But over all it was a fun job, even though it could sometimes be very stressful. Wish more than nothing I could go back and work for Ascena. I would love to promote one day too.
Easy work but rediculous politics
Advanced Unit Processor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INSeptember 24, 2018
I had one of the few good supervisors. But most are corrupt and couldn't care less about the ones under them. And HR is a joke. The highschool politics are mentally exhausting.
Pros
Good wage, climate controlled, free soda on breaks, cafeteria, not very physically demanding
Cons
Joke of an HR, upper management is corrupt, mid-management shows little to no respect, highschool politics among all levels of employees, mentally exhausting
ascena
AVP Operational Transformation (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 24, 2018
Good place to work. Too many consecutive initiatives led to mismanagement and poor customer experiences for all the brands. Too many changes within executive leadership teams.
Productive Workspace but Still Fun
Lead Style Advisor/Manager of Justice for Girls (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 22, 2018
While working at Justice I was able to learn countless new skills that would benefit me in my future career. Though it was work, being there was still a fun and exciting experience.
It was alright
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 10, 2018
I loved my job with Ascena but not because of the company. My district manager was awful. She failed to answer phone calls, emails, and texts at times when our store needed her most. In my 2 years of working here we went through more managers than I can count on one hand... not good. This company is also very wasteful when it comes to packaging items and damaging them out. The only reason I loved my job was because of my coworkers. They were all such fun girls to work with and im happy to be able to call them my friends.
Smart company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 5, 2018
This is a smart company that tries to protect the smaller guys way down. They try to cut out things that are unnecessary to support future business. I know that it's hard to see the big picture sometimes but it's true.
I do feel that pay is fair, but it's hard to keep people because other companies fork over way more to people without experience. This is a problem with our country not so much this company. We are asking you to be friendly and helpful... not draw blood and stitch people up. I came from a huge retailer that paid people dollars more to start but the associates are lazy and ungrateful. They just want more money to do less work. They hired to meet a body quota.. just filler people.
You get to work in a positive and uplifting environment. I understand that there are stresses from higher up people that will trickle down but the concept is easy: show up and do your best and be your best self. Do not bother if you are negative and a stick in the mud. You have to be open minded and willing to go with the flow and the changes in retail life.
Pros
Fun, uplifting environment
Cons
Retail hours but that is everywhere
Great job, but no advancement opportunities if you are under 18
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 29, 2018
I love working here, it's a super easy and fun job in a good environment, but none of us get paid enough for the work and if you are under 18 there is little to no chance of promotion even if you're perfect for the job.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy work, good environment
Cons
Too little pay, no advancement under 18
Productive fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
Very fun job, if you love children this job is for you! Great management and excellent customer service is definitely required with this job. But overall great job
Great place
Service Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHAugust 28, 2018
working at ascena has been an enjoyment, although i feel as we are under paid compared to the average of Columbus, i have never had an issue working at ascena
good place to work
Picker Packer (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 28, 2018
running around and scanning items and throw it into a bin to send to packers. packers take the bin and scan the items and put them into bags to be shipped.
keeping the older workers down
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHAugust 23, 2018
this place will NOT look at your past experience to qualify you for promotions or other opportunities if you start in any hourly position. Heaven forbid you are over40 and try for any supervisor or lead position
Pros
its a j o b
Cons
production goals, told when to have breaks and lunch, last minute notice of mandatory OT
Good Foot In The Door Job
Tier 1 Contractor (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHAugust 21, 2018
Good place to learn about IT telephone tech support. Positive work environment. Diverse staff. Most places I've worked have not been as good as ascena.

Pay and benefits are not great. This is not a career; it's a good start.
Must be a jack of all trades and worked to no end with unstable schedules
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 18, 2018
Higher level management is VERY unorganized and disheveled when it comes to priorities. Schedules are constantly changing last minute to accommodate dysfunction in corporate & District levels of management.
Claim to care and provide work-life balance, but sales is the last point of focus as everyone is cleaning & merchandising, steaming clothes, unpackaging them , and all sorts of off the floor needs.
You also have to be a cashier between all these demanding tasks.
Training is pretty much reading the company manual with a manager.